SportsWrath

1st Annual Sportswrath.com Interactive Mock Draft is Completed!!!

Money

The Winston Justice pick is one of the best picks of the first round because of the lack of skills on Arizona's OL, but they have terrible interior linemen, and guys like Edge need the interior to be good just as much as your exterior (Leonard Davis, Winston Justice)

The Winston Justice pick is one of the best picks of the first round because of the lack of skills on Arizona's OL, but they have terrible interior linemen, and guys like Edge need the interior to be good just as much as your exterior (Leonard Davis, Winston Justice)

I agree, but I didn't feel there were any interior OL's that presented the value that Maroney did at that spot. Difference of opinion I guess.

3rd Round Best:

NY Jets - C Greg Eslinger. Some feel he, not Mangold, is the best Center in the draft. I don't agree with that assessment but I still feel he's a tremendous talent. He is the best pulling interior lineman in the draft. He fits better with Atlanta and Denver's zone blocking scheme but the Jets are more than happy to get him to replace Mawae.

Buffalo- DT Dusty Dvoracek. Bills are more than happy to take a gamble on this guy. They need the help up front.

Dallas - DT Rodrique Wright. The guy can be an enigma. But he also has the tools to be the best DT in the draft. Dallas gets a gem here in the 3rd round.

Atlanta - Pat Watkins is a steal this late. It's rare to find a safety prospect with his size who also has the speed to hang with top receivers. It's a mystery to me why you don't see Watkins name higher in mocks. This was one of the best value picks of the entire mock.

Indy - Colts pluck another highly regarded gem at the end of a round. This guy's speed in Indy's offense? Look out.

I didn't list any bust picks for round 3 as just about every player taken at this point has some warts.

As for best drafts, I'd say the Colts and Buffalo performed the best.

I wasnt there when Vernon Davis was picked but in the end i am happy with the selection being able to take Jonathan Scott and the Dvoracek in the thrid :rock::rock::rock:

Best:

Arizona - Laurence Maroney fell 9 picks into the second round. The Cardinals get a better back than last year's flop JJ Arrington.

How can you say that was one of the best? One of the dumbest. They now would have Edge, JJ Arrington, Maroney, and Shipp?!

Edge has had a ton of carries. I still think he's got air in the tires but he's not the proverbial "spring chicken". Arrington looked terrible last year. Maybe he develops into a better player but he gave no indication or reason for optimism. Forget about Shipp.

Maroney wasn't a need pick but considering some mocks had him at the end of the first, I think where the Cardinals got him represented excellent value.

Edge has had a ton of carries. I still think he's got air in the tires but he's not the proverbial "spring chicken". Arrington looked terrible last year. Maybe he develops into a better player but he gave no indication or reason for optimism. Forget about Shipp.

Maroney wasn't a need pick but considering some mocks had him at the end of the first, I think where the Cardinals got him represented excellent value.

My thoughts exactly about making the pick

what a terrible job the cardinals did. absolutely atrocious.

all kidding aside, i dont know what's worse, passing on bush in favor of d'brickashaw, or whoever had the number 1 pick last season taking rolle first overall

Hey, there were plenty of other good drafts, I just pointed out the one's that stood out to me.

They all still pale in comaprison to Green Bay's:

Rd. 1 LB A.J. Hawk

Rd. 2 DE M. Kiwanuka

Rd. 3 WR Martin Nance :rock:

all kidding aside, i dont know what's worse, passing on bush in favor of d'brickashaw, or whoever had the number 1 pick last season taking rolle first overall

Oh man I forgot about that. What an awful pick.

That pick is very fresh in my mind. That really set the tone for the draft :ph34r:

But taking D'brickshaw is the pick I suggest the Texans do but if they do, they definitely will trade down. I think it's the right pick in the wrong slot.

Here's my assessment of the best and worst picks of each round. This isn't a "who's the best player, rather it's who got excellent value/addressed a need, etc,:

1st round Best Picks:

Titans win the lottery with Reggie Bush falling into their laps!

Baltimore was the beneficiary of Haloti Ngata's fall

New England nabbing Ernie Sims at 21 was pure gold.

Indianapolis likely never thought Chad Greenway would be available for them at the end of the first round.

Worst:

Detroit - Vince Young. Young's an exciting player but he's also a project. Forget about starting him this year. The Lions may find they already have a starting grade QB in McCown. I simply don't think Detroit was in a position to gamble on a QB after the failed Harrington experiment. If they were going to take a signalcaller first round it had to be a sure thing. Young is NOT a sure thing. A+ for keeping it real though. Millen typically makes the "worst" lists on draft day. You held up your end!

Cleveland ... I've already explained this one in detail in another thread but Manny Lawson over Ngata was a mistake.

Oakland ... I like Bunkley but I don't like him over Ngata.

San Diego - Jason Allen is a major injury risk. You simply can't make that gamble in the middle of round 1.

Tampa - I'm already on record as labelling Tye Hill a bust. There are plenty of people who don't agree with me and that's fine. But this pick makes the list since he took Hill over Cromartie.

Cincy - Darnell Bing does NOT carry a first round grade. The Bengals got too caught up in need and overlooked much more talented players.

We shall see..... :ph34r:

Boy, that Giants GM sure looks like a fool after signing LaVar Arrington...

I wont be pissed if we draft a LB on draft day. I think there's a great chance that ryans/carp/greenway will be BPA when its our turn to pick and any of those guys would provide some youth and depth to our LB's.

Hey, there were plenty of other good drafts, I just pointed out the one's that stood out to me.

They all still pale in comaprison to Green Bay's:

Rd. 1 LB A.J. Hawk

Rd. 2 DE M. Kiwanuka

Rd. 3 WR Martin Nance :rock:

Been away all weekend, haven't had time to comment, let alone let the Lavar Arrington signing sink in.

Don't pat yourself on the back too much with Kiwi. Passing up on Tamba Hali or Kameron Wimbley was a risky move, considering Kiwi's stock has been dropping.

Round 2 Best and Worst Selections:

Best:

Arizona - Laurence Maroney fell 9 picks into the second round. The Cardinals get a better back than last year's flop JJ Arrington.

Buffalo - The Bills made a major gamble in round 1 when they took TE Leonard Davis and didn't address the o-line. The gamble paid off in the second round when they collected Texas Tackle Jonathan Scott.

St Louis - D'Qwell Jackson at 46 is excellent value. The Rams really needed to address D after selecting Cutler in round 1

Indy - Josh Bullocks at the end of the second represented excellent value. Teamed with Bob Sanders, the Colts are going to punish some receivers.

Worst:

San Diego - WR Derek Hagan. For a guy who most scouts term a possession receiver, this guy had a major case of the dropsies during Senior Bowl week. Admittedly people are divided on Hagan and I'm not in the camp that likes him. Maybe I'm being harsh on this pick but I think better receiving talent was out there.

San Francisco - LB/DB Thomas Howard. I think he's a major project. He also may end up as a safety in the NFL. That's not good news for the Niners, seeing as they took Huff in the first round.

Cincy - DT Jonathan Lewis. Once again the Bengals drafted need instead of talent. Lewis is 3rd round talent in most mocks.

Jacksonville - CB Daniel Manning. He's got good triangle numbers and most scouts like his upside but he's widely considered a 2nd DAY, not round, selection.

Incorrect with the Jags pick. Not only is Daniel Manning a top 7 CB prospect, Kiper has him top 5 in SS, too. Good try, though.

The Giants GM was recently talked off the ledge by his trusty sidekick, pure heroin. His letter of resignation was expected last week, but he forgot to put a stamp on the envelope. In a phone interview, former Giants WR Ron Dixon described the Giants GM as "forgetful."

More on this story as it develops...

Been away all weekend, haven't had time to comment, let alone let the Lavar Arrington signing sink in.

Don't pat yourself on the back too much with Kiwi. Passing up on Tamba Hali or Kameron Wimbley was a risky move, considering Kiwi's stock has been dropping.

Tamba Hali is a tweener. The Packers already have a tweener pass rusher in KGB. No need to add another one.

Wimbley, similar to Lawson is best suited to a 3-4 base defense which the Pack don't play. I'm not down on either player but neither was a good fit for Green Bay.

I haven't seen where Kiwi's stock is dropping. Hali's on the other hand seems to be falling based on what I've seen.