SportsWrath

Packers To Cut AJ Hawk

Mr. P

one question... can AJ drop to coverage??

If he's a leader, i would want him on my team. it's the fact that there's no leadership in the middle that's weakening our defense. When AP came in, he automatically step in as the leader of the group. I only want AJ if he can fill that hole.

one question... can AJ drop to coverage??

If he's a leader, i would want him on my team. it's the fact that there's no leadership in the middle that's weakening our defense. When AP came in, he automatically step in as the leader of the group. I only want AJ if he can fill that hole.

no, he is awful is coverage . Doesn't anyone read my posts, I know you all need Ralph Vacchiano to write stuff in order to believe it. Don't watch the games just read stuff on the internet to make sure it's true. Oh yeah, he is extremly slow and would not fit in a cover 2 . He led the team in tackles, but in 3-4 he should at his postion. Still he is not the best ILB on the team and he probably would not be starting if Nick Barnett didn't get hurt. Desmond Bishop was better overall playing next to him.

Does anyone know if Hawk is any good in coverage? I always thought he was too slow for the cover 2. He led Green Bay in tackles, but they run a 3-4 and where he plays, he should have. Unless our entire LB corps gets hurt, would he even start?

Does anyone know if Hawk is any good in coverage? I always thought he was too slow for the cover 2. He led Green Bay in tackles, but they run a 3-4 and where he plays, he should have. Unless our entire LB corps gets hurt, would he even start?

I can tell the air is already dry in Las Vegas :rolleyes: Seriously though he was good in coverage at Ohio St and ran 4.47 40 time at the combine, but ran only 4.69 at his pro day. He didn't start at the beginning of the year in GB, until Chillar and Barnett went down with injuries and GB took him out when they played nickel. He had 10 pd. He also gave up probably 20+ receptions his tackles numbers are little blown up as well most of them happened 5-10 yards downfield. Maybe it's their system switch to 3-4, but he wasn't all that great in 4-3 either.

shouldn't a lb who was drafted very high only a couple of years being cut be a red flag?

even if they hope to bring him back cheaper they clearly don't think he's worth the contract that they signed him to and they're willing to risk him signing with another team