SportsWrath

NY Daily News: Plaxico Returning To Giants Makes No Sense

Mr. P

Fish,

You know I love ya but we don't have a top three on the team, really (at least not one that includes Smith). He's not under contract for next year, I think people keep forgetting that. And if he does sign, he still had microfracture surgery on that knee... so there's a better than even chance he won't be the player we're accustomed to in 2011, minimum.

Barden, as blu said, is STILL a project.... he could be something, or he could get cut next camp. Cruz is a preseason star, but really, you can't have real confidence in big games in the NFL until he proves himself in a real game.

Right now all we can count on at WR for 2011 to be anything for us is Nicks and Manningham, THAT'S IT. And Nicks is still somewhat of a question mark because of his thigh injury, meaning he's missed games to leg injuries both years he's been in the league. Out of anyone, I love his talent the most, I just hope he can put it together for 16 games + playoffs. He'll have a monster year.

A guy nobody really talks about is Devin Thomas, a former first second rounder for the 'Skins that didn't pan out for him. But I remember him making a really good catch in the reg season and he was a standout on specials. *EDIT* His stats say that he didn't make any catches. But I swear he made some catch that made me sit up and go, "whoa". It probably got called back b/c of penalty. He is a guy I hope that gets another shot with us. I could see him making the team over Barden and Cruz next year for sure. As an aside, he is 6'2", so he does have some of the size I covet in a WR, although not Julio Jones or Jonathan Baldwin size. /EDIT

Was it Michael Clayton possibly? He's another one that had a few pretty good seasons in Tampa (his rookie season, mainly) and, in my opinion, was in a system with shitty quarterbacks year after year with little to no emphasis on passing the football....

At 6'4 and 28 years old, he's got the height and is still young enough to get a couple years out of him...he's basically in his prime as far as wide receivers go. He made two catches against Washington in the finale....but pretty much spent his short tenure with us learning the offense. I'm really interested to see what we do with Clayton and Devin Thomas.

which is exactly why they had to do what they did. fair or unfair, the law he broke comes with a penalty range. you can't prosecute everyone to that degree as you stated, but if you have the opportunity to set an example with a high profile case, the dog has no issue with that. will it stop a problem entirely, absolutely not. but if it succeeded in 10 people in his situation leaving their unregistered weapons at home, then the dog will take that as a minor win...the fact is, he broke the law. if you are going to do something illegal, then you have to know what the potential consequence is and deal with the risk involved. if the dog was arrested for drunk driving, even if the dog caught a break and got a slap on the wrist, the dog would be fired because of the line of work the dog is in...others won't always be...knowing the consequence, the dog chooses not to take the risk.

he absolutely deserves another chance, no question. but this notion that his punishment was unfair is unfounded. the penalty is written in law. he deserved the consequence he got because of that...to the dog's mind, use him a criminal as an example, because the last thing the dog wants is to get shot because some fool was carrying a gun around in his sweatpants and it discharged accidentally...

I see what you're arguing... which is exactly what I'm arguing about. You don't punish people differently based on how you feel about them. Two people commit an offense should be punished the same way. Besides, there's always a free pass for a first offense.

I see what you're arguing... which is exactly what I'm arguing about. You don't punish people differently based on how you feel about them. Two people commit an offense should be punished the same way. Besides, there's always a free pass for a first offense.

in a perfect world the dog would agree. but like it or not, people in the public eye are always going to live under a different standard, and quite frankly the dog has no issue with that. by default of what they do for a living, professional athletes can hold a certain level of influence because they are in the limelight. if you are in that position, you have to be aware of this. there is no right answer in this, but the dog doesn't have an issue with people being made an example of...you see it all the time even with those who are not in the national spot light. a known gang member who commits a muder will often getting the max penalty, where someone not affiliated with a gang who commits a similar murder may get a slightly lighter sentence. but in an area where gangs are an issue, the dog has no problem with this message being sent...youre in a gang, know that society will go after you that much harder...it won't stop the problem unfortunately, but it is one more way to try and deter some of it. what is unfortunate is that sometimes being in the spotlight works to people's benefit, like the receiver in cleveland that killed the pedestrian driving drunk/high...that was a missed opportunity.

Storm,

Michael Clayton and Devin Thomas both were picked up by the Giants, and I like both of them as prospects going forward, if we were able to keep them next year and give them a shot. My guess is one or both of them will not be in camp with us this season, however.

Storm,

Michael Clayton and Devin Thomas both were picked up by the Giants, and I like both of them as prospects going forward, if we were able to keep them next year and give them a shot. My guess is one or both of them will not be in camp with us this season, however.

I know. I'm just saying maybe the one that caught the good pass that you were talking about was Clayton and not Thomas....both have upside and I'd like to see one or both get a chance to see what they can do on the roster next year.

Storm,

Hagan is way ahead of them in knowing the Offense

Hagan is way ahead of them in knowing the Offense

Knowing the offense is a factor midseason, but not now. That's what offseason workouts, minicamp, training camp, and exhibition season is for, to learn the offense. Hagan is a good possession receiver, but doesn't have much value on specials, isn't a burner, and isn't very special in terms of athleticism, but does have decent size at 6'2".

However with Clayton, you have a guy who is a bigger target at 6'4", and with Thomas you have a guy about Hagan's size who could be a great special teams contributor and also has a lot more athletic ability.

Both Thomas and Clayton has a higher ceiling than Hagan, so I agree with Storm more that I would like both to get a chance to make the team next year, but Hagan has a chance to come back and compete as well.

Oh yeah, totally.

Which is why Manning was fucking PISSED he ran the wrong route against the Eagles...who if Barden or Smith was in there...its a touchdown.

I hope Hagan never plays for us again.

have you ever considered anger management

do you throw your clubs too?? :confused: