SportsWrath

Strahan Weighs In On Coughlin

Mr. P

Several Giants told the Daily News Tuesday that they were not pleased with Rolle's latest controversial radio interview, in which he praised Ryan and ripped Coughlin during an appearance on WQAM in Miami on Monday. At least one of his teammates even planned talk to him about it Tuesday.

"I haven't talked to him yet, but it is on my agenda to call Antrel," defensive captain Justin Tuck told the Daily News. "When I do, I will make a statement."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2011/01/19/2011-01-19_several_giants_not_pleased_with_antrel_rolles_criticism_of_tom_coughlin_in_compa.html#ixzz1BV7l2Wyv

Good to see Justin Tuck step up to slap Rolle down a peg or too.

Rolle has been a good addition on the field......but Tuck is THE MAN.

If guys like Strahan, Osi, and Tuck are cool playing for Coughlin, it's really all I need to know.

Keep in mind, we are talking about a guy (Rolle) that says Giants fans should not boo.

Seriously, Rolle has his head up his ass.

Guest StrahansGap

Tuck was not the man this year

He and Coughlin both were sucking wind

So much for your assessment on how the players feel about Coughlin. Honestly, I wouldn't want a blowhard like Rex Ryan. Sooner or later people like him puts his foot in his mouth. (Pun intended) :clap:

So much for your assessment on how the players feel about Coughlin. Honestly, I wouldn't want a blowhard like Rex Ryan. Sooner or later people like him puts his foot in his mouth. (Pun intended) :clap:

I think if the Giants had gotten off on the right foot against Green Bay, we might not have had to even worry about Rolle sticking his foot in his mouth....maybe him and Rex Ryan are truly sole mates and this was just Rolle's way of possibly becoming one of Ryan's foot soldiers in the future....

I think if the Giants had gotten off on the right foot against Green Bay, we might not have had to even worry about Rolle sticking his foot in his mouth....maybe him and Rex Ryan are truly sole mates and this was just Rolle's way of possibly becoming one of Ryan's foot soldiers in the future....

I think Coughlin needs to really put his foot down on this Rex Ryan comparison talk.

I think Coughlin needs to really put his foot down on this Rex Ryan comparison talk.

lol, good one.

But boy, didn't Kenny Phillips look like he had two left feet while trying to defend that pass to Celek? Doesn't he know that you have to stay on the balls of your feet in order to react in time to defend a pass? He should have known that the Eagles were at our heels and that the Giants defense were dead on their feet....and played it a little more conservatively.

Guest StrahansGap

They should really just release Rolle so he could go play for Rex. The only bad thing about that would be that all the Giants season ticket holders would end up being the ones to foot the bill.

Good to see Justin Tuck step up to slap Rolle down a peg or too.

Rolle has been a good addition on the field......but Tuck is THE MAN.

If guys like Strahan, Osi, and Tuck are cool playing for Coughlin, it's really all I need to know.

Keep in mind, we are talking about a guy (Rolle) that says Giants fans should not boo.

Seriously, Rolle has his head up his ass.

Let's trade Antrel for a second-rounder.

Or let him go twelve rounds with Tuck.

They should really just release Rolle so he could go play for Rex. The only bad thing about that would be that all the Giants season ticket holders would end up being the ones to foot the bill.

Well, he's certainly not putting his best foot forward with the Giant's organization...if this continues, he might soon have one foot out the door....

Guest StrahansGap

Do you think he could go toe-to-toe with J. Tuck?

He could try. But I'll guarantee you that after fighting with Tuck, Rolle will most definitely have one foot in the grave.

He could try. But I'll guarantee you that after fighting with Tuck, Rolle will most definitely have one foot in the grave.

Well, if Rolle doesn't stop stepping on the Giant's toes, we might find out...

lol, good one.

But boy, didn't Kenny Phillips look like he had two left feet while trying to defend that pass to Celek? Doesn't he know that you have to stay on the balls of your feet in order to react in time to defend a pass? He should have known that the Eagles were at our heels and that the Giants defense were dead on their feet....and played it a little more conservatively.

Yea he sure didn't put his best foot forward.

Not sure if Strahan is the guy to be making these comments, when you think back he was pretty bitchy about Coughlin in the beginning also.

Chances are Antrel will be spoken to by the brass and told to spit out the " it was all taken out of context" line. Even though he actually said the words. Professional athletes have that gift.

Then hopefully they can all shut the fuck up and play football next year.

Not sure if Strahan is the guy to be making these comments, when you think back he was pretty bitchy about Coughlin in the beginning also.

Chances are Antrel will be spoken to by the brass and told to spit out the " it was all taken out of context" line. Even though he actually said the words. Professional athletes have that gift.

Then hopefully they can all shut the fuck up and play football next year.

well to be fair to strahan, its not like his comments were saying that you shouldnt be out there saying what antrel was saying, he merely said how coughlin changed for the better and how people he still talks to on the team say hes gotten even better since stray left.