SportsWrath

The Offense - what should change?

JMFP

Gotta rebuild the O-line.

It was a great o-line four years ago but age and injuries are starting to tack on to the wear and tear. Get some fresh blood on the o-line and start building chemistry between them

I dont think we have a problem with the WRs we got alot of depth just have to stay healthy, especally Smith.

We need a true #1 RB, someone who can do everything, run the ball, pass, block. Think Ray Rice or Matt Forte (both second round picks).

Eli is well Eli, you get the good with the bad and I'll leave it at that.

Obviously our second biggest need is a new O-coordinator, someone who can get this offensive moving and use it's strengths. Gilly has been a fun ride and has had some good games but I think we can do better but obviously that's up to Reese to decide.

I think TE goes with the O-coord. Boss is good with what we want from our TEs basically a blocker who can catch a pass or two. If we get a guy who wants a pass catching TE we need to find someone then.

Get Eli a better QB coach

Get the Offense a better Coach wiht a better play scheme

Get a younger and more powerful on the OL

Get another RB to press for a starting job

Get a stud blocking catching TE if there is one out there..... is Vernon Davis Avail next year?

FB maybe

Gotta rebuild the O-line.

It was a great o-line four years ago but age and injuries are starting to tack on to the wear and tear. Get some fresh blood on the o-line and start building chemistry between them

I dont think we have a problem with the WRs we got alot of depth just have to stay healthy, especally Smith.

We need a true #1 RB, someone who can do everything, run the ball, pass, block. Think Ray Rice or Matt Forte (both second round picks).

Eli is well Eli, you get the good with the bad and I'll leave it at that.

Obviously our second biggest need is a new O-coordinator, someone who can get this offensive moving and use it's strengths. Gilly has been a fun ride and has had some good games but I think we can do better but obviously that's up to Reese to decide.

We already have guys in the system who are ready to step in. I don't think the Giants ever neglect the OLine. It seems they draft at least one player each year for the Oline. And I don't think this year will be any different.

I think Gilbride has to go. It was very clear that the street FA pickups just couldn't grasp the offensive playbook well enough. All signs point to the playbook being too complicated and in a sport where almost every team has significant injuries...that cannot happen, it must be simplified. I bet Eli would have a better season as well...less thinking needs to be done.

Wouldn't mind some offensive line depth at all...especially at the center and right tackle positions. I believe William Beatty is going to be a good left tackle in this league. Shawn Andrews will retire because of his back issues...the guy had to receive 13 pain killing injections just to start..what...3 games? At what point do you say "Man, I wanna be able to hold my grandchildren when I get older."

Tight End...Boss regressed mightily this year. Was it because of the concussions? I don't know..but he did not have a very good year. We need to find out what Travis Beckum is made off and I think Gilbride should have created plays to get him the ball.

We already have guys in the system who are ready to step in. I don't think the Giants ever neglect the OLine. It seems they draft at least one player each year for the Oline. And I don't think this year will be any different.

That's what I mean, we gotta get younger a the O-line, keep Snee and Seuburt and see what we can build from there.

The QB needs to work on pass placement. The WRs need to work on catching poorly thrown passes. The offensive line needs to work on finding the fountain of youth, other than that they are fine. The RBs are fine. The TE's are fine. The OC needs to read "Burning the clock for Dummys".

Other than that, I'd say we're ready to go 7-2 the 1st half of season and 2-5 the 2nd half.

Yeah, so?

Mario Manningham had a better year stat wise.

Outside of all the injuries...wide receiver is the last problem the Giants need to tackle in the off season.

it was tongue in cheek but if you think chad henne is a serviceable QB, you don't know much.

How to fix the offense: Same guys- less fumbles, less interceptions, less dropped passes. Oh and Brandon Marshall.

Less injuries. Everybody beats down Gilbride but he was dealing with street WRs and a patchwork OLine. Also 42 turnovers never helps your offensive drives.

Less injuries. Everybody beats down Gilbride but he was dealing with street WRs and a patchwork OLine. Also 42 turnovers never helps your offensive drives.

So the smart thing, instead of simplifying the offense to put less pressure on QB and street WRs, is to continue to put them in the position where they have to decide on the fly what route to run. :rolleyes:

The interceptions are just as much on him as they are on Eli and the receivers.

Gilbride is a chump. He proved it once again today going 5 for 7 on 3 and outs in the second half and nearly allowing the Skins to win that game, if not for Manningham burning Hall. I counted like 4 or 5 wide receiver screens that gained possibly 3 yards.

it was tongue in cheek but if you think chad henne is a serviceable QB, you don't know much.

Blu, you are a smart guy and I have a lot of respect for you... but like your politics, this obsession with a malcontent is misplaced. Henne is not a great QB, I agree, but I saw a lot more passion and desire out of Davone Bess than Marshall... I saw Michael Crabtree do more with the Smiths this year... A number one with the physical gifts that Marshall has should've had 1100 yards and 8 TDs this season in his sleep if he gave a damn... he is just not the kind of character player you want on a football team, and he's proved that his entire career.

Blu, you are a smart guy and I have a lot of respect for you... but like your politics, this obsession with a malcontent is misplaced. Henne is not a great QB, I agree, but I saw a lot more passion and desire out of Davone Bess than Marshall... I saw Michael Crabtree do more with the Smiths this year... A number one with the physical gifts that Marshall has should've had 1100 yards and 8 TDs this season in his sleep if he gave a damn... he is just not the kind of character player you want on a football team, and he's proved that his entire career.

my politics? first of all you don't know my politics secondly go fuck yourself.

my politics? first of all you don't know my politics secondly go fuck yourself.

Wow, I always knew you were kind of douchey but never to this level. Also, I've been on this board for quite a few years now and I've read many posts of yours in that time that you've authored in the P and R section so I think I have a pretty good idea that you are a progressive. Either way, that wasn't my point and I apologize to the board for injecting the actual word "politics" in this forum... but you need to lighten up, asshole.

Wow, I always knew you were kind of douchey but never to this level. Also, I've been on this board for quite a few years now and I've read many posts of yours in that time that you've authored in the P and R section so I think I have a pretty good idea that you are a progressive. Either way, that wasn't my point and I apologize to the board for injecting the actual word "politics" in this forum... but you need to lighten up, asshole.

Perfect reason for ignore button. Go Fuck Yourself. you sanctimonious little shit. my politics?.