SportsWrath

How about this to improve our team.

mastershake

A Kicker who can kick touchbacks. A punter who can actually kick, haha. A lot of our coverage problems as well are due to the punter. And an actual return game?

Improve special teams, and I think we'd improve by at least two games.

Reese generally hasn't really drafted return guys, and has fallen off on bringing in special teams guys in general.

Bring back Dalauiso!

If Dodge can become consistent, he could be quite could. He does have a hell of a leg, but he needs to learn to directional kick badly. He should practice that everyday in the offseason.

I'm hoping getting Hixon back will pick up the return game, cause I agree having a good return game is huge. The Giants were always at a disadvantage in field position. And that was a direct result of poor punting, returning and coverage. Hixon will help on coverage too. I don't understand why the coverage team was so bad though, it seemed that there were a bunch of talented young LBers that should have made it a solid unit. I don't recall, were there many starters on kick coverage?

If finding a kicker to kick touch backs is so easy, come come 25 other NFL teams don't have one?

Apparently, around here and other places...they just grow off trees.

Maybe not touchbacks, but Tynes can barely get the ball passed the 10 yard line, and does so with little hang time. We're ceding at least 10 yards, maybe more, to the other team. It makes a difference, as does the punter.

There are a hundred things that could be done to improve this team. Tynes is by far not the worst we've had on kickoffs. Some rather hard facts to really understand is that not every kick can be a touchback. Now once you really understand that you lose the expectation that every kickoff should or could be a touchback.

First season in the NFL for Matt Dodge, aside from all the fuckups; the kid has talent and continues to improve. Don't count him out just yet. If you had patience to develop a QB, should have patience to develop a punter.

I will go on record right here - After winning a training camp competition, Dodge will be the Giant punter next year. And he'll get more consistent, making us forget this year's nightmares. He's young and has a great leg. I think the kid will be alright.

Maybe not touchbacks, but Tynes can barely get the ball passed the 10 yard line, and does so with little hang time. We're ceding at least 10 yards, maybe more, to the other team. It makes a difference, as does the punter.

Nothing wrong with Tynes kick offs at all and he gets it to the 2 to 5 yard line with regularity.

Dodge on the other hand.......

A Kicker who can kick touchbacks. A punter who can actually kick, haha. A lot of our coverage problems as well are due to the punter. And an actual return game?

Improve special teams, and I think we'd improve by at least two games.

Reese generally hasn't really drafted return guys, and has fallen off on bringing in special teams guys in general.

I'm with you on this one

Tynes has been terrific this year on FGs and straightened out his shanks BUT

What can motivate this credent to kick the Fnnnn ball in the end zone

We know he CAN do it...........hes done it this year a few times, what is his problem?

Carney kicked to the 5 yd line...........he can't even do that??????? WTF????? :ranting2:

Bring back Dalauiso!

If Dodge can become consistent, he could be quite could. He does have a hell of a leg, but he needs to learn to directional kick badly. He should practice that everyday in the offseason.

I'm hoping getting Hixon back will pick up the return game, cause I agree having a good return game is huge. The Giants were always at a disadvantage in field position. And that was a direct result of poor punting, returning and coverage. Hixon will help on coverage too. I don't understand why the coverage team was so bad though, it seemed that there were a bunch of talented young LBers that should have made it a solid unit. I don't recall, were there many starters on kick coverage?

Thats it exactly. I hope Reese doesn't do something rash for the sake of making a move and cut Dodge. He had a rough year but he has been getting better. He is raw and needs coaching but if given the time he will develope into one of the leagues good kickers.

Punters are hard to find, especially young ones, thats why 40 year old punters stay in the game spo long.