SportsWrath

Our $103 Million Dollar QB, Eli Manning

Guest StrahansGap

Every year, Sports Illustrated magazine conducts an NFL "Players Poll" . 300 plus players are asked questions about their peers in the NFL. In 2009, when asked who the most overrated player in the NFL was, Eli was in 4th place. The previous year he was in 5th. As a matter of fact he wasn't even ranked at all BEFORE he won the Super Bowl. 2007 was indeed the greatest year of my life. That playoff run and Super Bowl win was the best goddamn thing I've ever witnessed. But we all know that that team won everything in the trenches. The O-line was the best in the league that year and the defensive line that year changed the way people drafted rookies out of college. Everyone wanted to load up on defensive lineman after that win.

But to be looked upon by your peers as overrated has to be an awful feeling. In any job, including mine, if your looked at by your peers and co-workers as being overrated....it's a real kick in the dick. Obviously nobody here will agree with me because everyone here bleeds blue, including me. But I've always been a more cerebral fan. I try to put my emotions aside and think clearly without having those images of Eli from the Toyota commercials in my head. I've been saying for a long time now that Jacobs sucks too. I said when his contract was up that we should let him go and that we should sign Bradshaw long term. You guys called me crazy and stupid then. What say you now?

LOL @ "more cerebral fan."

2rzqx4n.jpg

Guest StrahansGap

2rzqx4n.jpg

Nice reply. Knew you would duck the issue once again. Like I said.....NO BALLS. And what the fuck would you know anyway? You weren't even alive when Phil Simms was playing. Go take your inflated head from your "Mod" status and shove it straight up your ass!!

Nice reply. Knew you would duck the issue once again. Like I said.....NO BALLS. And what the fuck would you know anyway? You weren't even alive when Phil Simms was playing. Go take your inflated head from your "Mod" status and shove it straight up your ass!!

I've already stated how I feel...now I'm just laughing at you.

And apparently, alot more than you.

Right, because you can't really know about something unless it was in your life time. That is definately the remark of a "cerebral fan"

Guest StrahansGap

Right, because you can't really know about something unless it was in your life time. That is definately the remark of a "cerebral fan"

Who cares what you think. You live in Virginia.

Guest StrahansGap

2rzqx4n.jpg

I didn't mean it that way. You're twisting my words. I wasn't implying that I'm smarter than most. I was trying to say that me personally, I'm always thinking of reasons how the Giants can be a better team opposed to just rooting with 100% heart. I'm an overly critical person by nature. I question everything all the time. It's the way I am. My prediction is that Eli will not win another Super Bowl in his career.....period.

Guest StrahansGap

That may be, but Eli Manning doesn't suck.

It's not about him sucking. This is what I'm talking about. You still are missing the point and you claimed to have answered my question and you haven't. When asked if you thought Eli deserves to be the 3rd highest paid player in the NFL at $103 million, your response was "Nobody should get paid that much". I think it's a pussy answer. Look at the title of the thread.

Then I brought up the sports illustrated players poll and you ducked that one too. Again.....pussy answer. :puke:

It's not about him sucking. This is what I'm talking about. You still are missing the point and you claimed to have answered my question and you haven't. When asked if you thought Eli deserves to be the 3rd highest paid player in the NFL at $103 million, your response was "Nobody should get paid that much". I think it's a pussy answer. Look at the title of the thread.

Then I brought up the sports illustrated players poll and you ducked that one too. Again.....pussy answer. :puke:

Enough of this, here is the rest of the top 5 from that poll.

1: Brett Favre - Holds every meaningfull statistical record there is

2: Tony Romo: Not my favorite player, but hard to deny the numbers he has put up.

3: Terrell Owens - First ballot hall of famer

4: Eli

5: Ben Rothlisberger

Enough of this, here is the rest of the top 5 from that poll.

1: Brett Favre - Holds every meaningfull statistical record there is

2: Tony Romo: Not my favorite player, but hard to deny the numbers he has put up.

3: Terrell Owens - First ballot hall of famer

4: Eli

5: Ben Rothlisberger

2z82jpj.gif

Guest StrahansGap

I didn't know there was an age requirement or geographical location requirement to discuss giants football.

is there a height weight requirement too?

obviously there isn't an iq requirement.

Your sarcasm detector is broken. Go get it fixed.

I don't give a fuck if you think its a pussy answer. Who cares about how much he gets paid...the ticket to your admission pays 1/1000000 of his salary.

I don't care about an dumb SI Poll either. Roethlisberger is 5th. OMG

Every year, Sports Illustrated magazine conducts an NFL "Players Poll" . 300 plus players are asked questions about their peers in the NFL. In 2009, when asked who the most overrated player in the NFL was, Eli was in 4th place. The previous year he was in 5th. As a matter of fact he wasn't even ranked at all BEFORE he won the Super Bowl. 2007 was indeed the greatest year of my life. That playoff run and Super Bowl win was the best goddamn thing I've ever witnessed. But we all know that that team won everything in the trenches. The O-line was the best in the league that year and the defensive line that year changed the way people drafted rookies out of college. Everyone wanted to load up on defensive lineman after that win.

But to be looked upon by your peers as overrated has to be an awful feeling. In any job, including mine, if your looked at by your peers and co-workers as being overrated....it's a real kick in the dick. Obviously nobody here will agree with me because everyone here bleeds blue, including me. But I've always been a more cerebral fan. I try to put my emotions aside and think clearly without having those images of Eli from the Toyota commercials in my head. I've been saying for a long time now that Jacobs sucks too. I said when his contract was up that we should let him go and that we should sign Bradshaw long term. You guys called me crazy and stupid then. What say you now?

Personally, I don't need a player's poll to tell me who's overrated or not. Eli is not Peyton... he's not Brees.. we can all agree to that. But to say he sucks is going to the other extreme. In a lot of ways you proved a point I'd raised earlier in that in football especially it's near imnpossible to compare players at the same position because of all the moving parts. Archie Manning they say was a great QB whose OL sucked major balls.. maybe his entire team did. In that sense, I think Eli is the best QB we've had in over 2 decades)

As far as Jacobs, I've at least in my own mind thrown in the towel.

Ok so he makes $103 million. Big fucking deal. If he was making 50 mill and he had not gotten us a Superbowl you would have been ecstatic I suppose?

So, because he makes 103 mill is not worth it, so we will get rid of him, get in that cuntbag Cutler who didnt give a shit about his INTs and threw his teammates under the bus when he felt like it, and has been a measly bum....or better yet get Rivers who though acts as if he has got fire, cries a lot more than even Eli.

Your problem is you think leadership and fire means being animated and going batshit insane on your teammates in full public view on the field incase they fuck up. That isnt so. Him ripping McKenzie and Diehl a new one on the field doesnt make them suddenly be able to stop Freeny and Mathis. This will be addresses behind closed doors. Until then be patient and show some support.

So what if he makes 103 mill man - the Giants gave him a contract they felt was worth it and I trust their judgement a lot more than your rambling after 1 loss that was not on Eli. When he throws bone-headed INTs for us to lose a game we should have won Ill listen to what you have to say.

Fucking rats leaving a ship first when its scuttled...

He also tends to be high up on the 'underrated' list as well. This is a pointless argument.

LOL...ooooookay.....