SportsWrath

Our $103 Million Dollar QB, Eli Manning

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Is it too much to ask of our $103 million quarterback to win one game that he's not supposed to..... where his giant defense doesn't play like the 78 steelers?

2 guys in the nfl make more money.........2.

i would trade him for cutler in 1 second.

Spare me the offensive line excuse too. 3 years removed from the Super Bowl win, are they really that much worse? The only guy I'll shit on other than Eli is Gilbride. He's another jerkoff.

One more thing about Eli: Can he fucking stop the pouting, and the shrugging of the shoulders and the flailing of the arms and the shaking of the head when things don't go his way already? ACT LIKE A FUCKING MAN! He should also start firing up his troops a little. If he truly is the leader of this team than how about getting your team into it? Instead he acts like the kid in A Christmas Story when he can't get his red rider bb gun. Fucking disgrace and I'm sick of his shit.

PS: Sorry Jack Stroud....i didn't see your eli bashing thread before I started this one. I guess we we're thinking the same things at the same times. I 100 % agree with your assessment of the QB debacle we got ourselves in. Anyone who disagrees is in complete denial.

I'll give you that he's not the most inspiring leader but cmon man, he's won a ton of games he wasn't supposed to win...the SB sticks out, a long with the playoff games leading up to it (as critics would have said, anyway, but I and some here thought we stood a good chance)

I just wish he was given the reigns to do what he wants on offense, like Peyton....whether he could do it or not is a different story but I'm all for cutting Gilbride out altogether.

It's hard to get ibnto much of a rythym with Mathis and Freeney taking turns Teeing off on you. Eli had zero time to make a decision and throw the ball, the tackles were being abused all night and I don';t think Hedgecock played more than a few snaps.

There are a lot of people you can blame this loss on, but Eli ain't onw of them.

Guest StrahansGap

You guys remember how Phil Simms was? Not the greatest QB ever, but he had balls and he wasn't afraid to tell the biggest guy on the team to shape up or ship out. Eli just sits there with that stupid grin on his face like Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket, weather they're up 20 or down 40. How about taking a pay cut for a Left Tackle that will protect you? Because right now, $103 Million is way too much for your ass.

You guys remember how Phil Simms was? Not the greatest QB ever, but he had balls and he wasn't afraid to tell the biggest guy on the team to shape up or ship out. Eli just sits there with that stupid grin on his face like Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket, weather they're up 20 or down 40. How about taking a pay cut for a Left Tackle that will protect you? Because right now, $103 Million is way too much for your ass.

Granted Eli isn't the most vocal leader on the team, but we won a sb with him, so he must be doing something right, not to mention we've been to the playoffs every year since he's been the full time starter other than last year, and that disaster was hardley his fault.

Eli is tough as nails and is a damn good qb, blame the last game on the defensive system we ran, the blocking, play calling, whatever. Or simply chalk it up to a team determined to make a point after coming off a loss.

And players really don't have much of an option to take a pay cut or refuse a raise, the players union get vocal whenever someone considers it.

Eli had NOTHING to do with what happened Sunday....there isn't a quarterback in the league who could've done anything better than what he did with the looks he had. It's not like he had some time, just not a lot of time. He had NO TIME, AT ALL. When he did have a look, he made good throws. And mind you his TD pass to Manningham, which was a beautifully thrown ball, was thrown with Freeney all over him.

There's a lot of cogs to a football team, and many of em' weren't working Sunday for us, but Eli was doing just fine.

-Z

It's hard to get ibnto much of a rythym with Mathis and Freeney taking turns Teeing off on you. Eli had zero time to make a decision and throw the ball, the tackles were being abused all night and I don';t think Hedgecock played more than a few snaps.

There are a lot of people you can blame this loss on, but Eli ain't onw of them.

Its easier to get in that rythym if you leave Jacobs in and Hedgecock to block

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tom Coughlin knows best

I'll say it now .........Coughlin is a pig headed ol meatball :ranting2:

Its easier to get in that rythym if you leave Jacobs in and Hedgecock to block

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tom Coughlin knows best

I'll say it now .........Coughlin is a pig headed ol meatball :ranting2:

I agree with this completely,the first line anyway, I'm at a loss on why it took so long to make any adjustments offensively and defensivly.

Is it too much to ask of our $103 million quarterback to win one game that he's not supposed to..... where his giant defense doesn't play like the 78 steelers?

Spare me the offensive line excuse too. 3 years removed from the Super Bowl win, are they really that much worse? The only guy I'll shit on other than Eli is Gilbride. He's another jerkoff.

One more thing about Eli: Can he fucking stop the pouting, and the shrugging of the shoulders and the flailing of the arms and the shaking of the head when things don't go his way already? ACT LIKE A FUCKING MAN! He should also start firing up his troops a little. If he truly is the leader of this team than how about getting your team into it? Instead he acts like the kid in A Christmas Story when he can't get his red rider bb gun. Fucking disgrace and I'm sick of his shit.

PS: Sorry Jack Stroud....i didn't see your eli bashing thread before I started this one. I guess we we're thinking the same things at the same times. I 100 % agree with your assessment of the QB debacle we got ourselves in. Anyone who disagrees is in complete denial.

LOL at saying Eli needs to act like a man while saying he'd rather have PHILIP RIVERS of all people.

Stupid Fucking Thread.

gtfo3.gif

Guest StrahansGap

LOL at saying Eli needs to act like a man while saying he'd rather have PHILIP RIVERS of all people.

Stupid Fucking Thread.

gtfo3.gif

I didn't say Rivers.....I said Cutler. I don't listen to men who use half-naked muscular guys as their avatars....joke or not. It's just plain fucking gay! :banana:

I didn't say Rivers.....I said Cutler. I don't listen to men who use half-naked muscular guys as their avatars....joke or not. It's just plain fucking gay! :banana:

Yeah, Cutler. He's a good choice. Remember when his team completely fucking folded in Shannahan's last year in 2008. Could have won the division with a win in 3 games...what he do. He lost and went to 8-8.

Please, Cutler is the anti-thesis of a leader.

Guest StrahansGap

Yeah, Cutler. He's a good choice. Remember when his team completely fucking folded in Shannahan's last year in 2008. Could have won the division with a win in 3 games...what he do. He lost and went to 8-8.

Please, Cutler is the anti-thesis of a leader.

Dude, even Rolle just came out today questioning the teams leadership. If you don't think that's directed at Eli than your blind or stupid or both. The lack of leadership is so obvious, it's sickening. The point of my post was to point out how much money Eli makes compared to what he produces both physically and mentally on the field. I don't see a leader out there. 2007 was a great run for sure, but that team was a different animal and Eli was getting paid in peanuts.

Dude, even Rolle just came out today questioning the teams leadership. If you don't think that's directed at Eli than your blind or stupid or both. The lack of leadership is so obvious, it's sickening. The point of my post was to point out how much money Eli makes compared to what he produces both physically and mentally on the field. I don't see a leader out there. 2007 was a great run for sure, but that team was a different animal and Eli was getting paid in peanuts.

So you want to replace him with Jay Cutler? The man who in Denver and last year in Chicago emulated an "I don't give a shit attitude."

Leadership doesn't help the Giants win on Sunday, hate to tell you that. That game was doomed from the beginning.

Well the article seems to infer from Rolle's comments that he's mainly talking about the defense. Because it goes on to talk about Justin Tuck and all...

Well the article seems to infer from Rolle's comments that he's mainly talking about the defense. Because it goes on to talk about Justin Tuck and all...

Don't be stupid. It's all Eli's fault. Everything.

World War 2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War 1, War in Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, you name it...he caused it.

Guest StrahansGap

So you want to replace him with Jay Cutler? The man who in Denver and last year in Chicago emulated an "I don't give a shit attitude."

Leadership doesn't help the Giants win on Sunday, hate to tell you that. That game was doomed from the beginning.

I don't want Rivers.....or Cutler for that matter. All I'm saying is show some balls. I can't stand the southern redneck mentality he has. You're in new York now. Its ok to tell your offensive line to get their asses in gear. Show us something. Tell Diehl and McKenzie that if they don't start blocking that he's going to fuck their wives. SOMETHING!!!!!

I don't want Rivers.....or Cutler for that matter. All I'm saying is show some balls. I can't stand the southern redneck mentality he has. You're in new York now. Its ok to tell your offensive line to get their asses in gear. Show us something. Tell Diehl and McKenzie that if they don't start blocking that he's going to fuck their wives. SOMETHING!!!!!

Pretty sure Eli's got more class than you could hope for...so now that we've got that out of the way...what's that going to do? Tell me..what is that going to do? It's not going to make them block better for him.

Jesus Christ last year @ New Orleans Manning went ape shit on Ahmad Bradshaw and it was just so out of character, here's a link from the NY Daily News incase you forgot: Eli Manning loses cool as New York loses.

I never try to be someone I'm not- Eli Manning.

Guest StrahansGap

Pretty sure Eli's got more class than you could hope for...so now that we've got that out of the way...what's that going to do? Tell me..what is that going to do? It's not going to make them block better for him.

Jesus Christ last year @ New Orleans Manning went ape shit on Ahmad Bradshaw and it was just so out of character, here's a link from the NY Daily News incase you forgot: Eli Manning loses cool as New York loses.

I never try to be someone I'm not- Eli Manning.

When you lie down for bed later, I want you to ask yourself if Eli is really worth $103 million dollars. When you wake up tomorrow and log onto sportswrath, I want your honest answer. Good night....sweet dreams.

When you lie down for bed later, I want you to ask yourself if Eli is really worth $103 million dollars. When you wake up tomorrow and log onto sportswrath, I want your honest answer. Good night....sweet dreams.

No one should be getting paid 103 dollars for playing a sport.

Oh you mean like Superbowl XLII. That's the 1st thing people will remember when they hear or see Eli Manning. Defeating a team that he wasn't supposed to defeat.

I won't comment on what he's worth, because thats a hard question to answer about athletes salaries, but I will say the only people I'd want leading this team other than Eli is Peyton or Brees and possibly Brady. He's won, no matter what you think about his play or his attitude he's been the guy leading this team to the playoffs year in and year out. He's taken every bit of criticism NY and the sports world can throw at him and not once has he lashed out with flurry of curses and name calling. He's handled himself with dignity and class in situations where other "elite" qb's have failed to do so.

Give me Eli Manning over anyone but the big 3 anyday.

SG, this maybe an overraction on your part.. particularly after a bad loss for which everyone played like shit. In defense of Eli, he has won games we weren't supposed to... he's kept his cool under immense pressure... he has shown us comebacks we were not used to seeing. Did we get our asses handed to us Sunday night? You bet. Was it Eli's fault? Hardly.. kindda hard to perform as QB when you have 1.5 seconds to throw. His body language is just his body language... I won't criticize it... has Phillip Rivers become a better QB? Who knows.. some say yes.. some say no... since it's near impossible to compare players in the NFL as there are far many moving parts. Could we possibly question our running game? Couldn't that be a HUGE factor in our loss.. making our plays very predictable? I'm not saying Eli is a superstar but he's a far better QB than we've had in a very long time... Gilbride however.. I sure would like to see someone else and hopefully Fewell is now ready to show his stuff after the 2nd game in the regular season.. the same way Spags did.