SportsWrath

Our $103 Million Dollar QB, Eli Manning

Guest StrahansGap

Is it too much to ask of our $103 million quarterback to win one game that he's not supposed to..... where his giant defense doesn't play like the 78 steelers?

2 guys in the nfl make more money.........2.

i would trade him for cutler in 1 second.

Spare me the offensive line excuse too. 3 years removed from the Super Bowl win, are they really that much worse? The only guy I'll shit on other than Eli is Gilbride. He's another jerkoff.

One more thing about Eli: Can he fucking stop the pouting, and the shrugging of the shoulders and the flailing of the arms and the shaking of the head when things don't go his way already? ACT LIKE A FUCKING MAN! He should also start firing up his troops a little. If he truly is the leader of this team than how about getting your team into it? Instead he acts like the kid in A Christmas Story when he can't get his red rider bb gun. Fucking disgrace and I'm sick of his shit.

PS: Sorry Jack Stroud....i didn't see your eli bashing thread before I started this one. I guess we we're thinking the same things at the same times. I 100 % agree with your assessment of the QB debacle we got ourselves in. Anyone who disagrees is in complete denial.

NO that is the problem point blank. Along with no rb blocking help no TE blocking help and stupid Offensive game planning .

I don't recall Eli doing any of the shrugging , arm flailing and head shaking as you say simce he won the super bowl.

Doesn't matter if it's Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, or Archie Manning....if you don't have enough time to throw, it's tough to win the game.

The guy got the shit beat out of him on Sunday night, and he still managed 2 TD passes.

Eli, Bradshaw, Steve Smith....if the rest of the team played like those 3, we might have been in that game.

You guys remember how Phil Simms was? Not the greatest QB ever, but he had balls and he wasn't afraid to tell the biggest guy on the team to shape up or ship out. Eli just sits there with that stupid grin on his face like Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket, weather they're up 20 or down 40. How about taking a pay cut for a Left Tackle that will protect you? Because right now, $103 Million is way too much for your ass.

I also remember alot of people thought Simms was a complete bust. When Simms had protection, he was killer. When he didn't, it was not good.

Is it too much to ask of our $103 million quarterback to win one game that he's not supposed to..... where his giant defense doesn't play like the 78 steelers?

Spare me the offensive line excuse too. 3 years removed from the Super Bowl win, are they really that much worse? The only guy I'll shit on other than Eli is Gilbride. He's another jerkoff.

One more thing about Eli: Can he fucking stop the pouting, and the shrugging of the shoulders and the flailing of the arms and the shaking of the head when things don't go his way already? ACT LIKE A FUCKING MAN! He should also start firing up his troops a little. If he truly is the leader of this team than how about getting your team into it? Instead he acts like the kid in A Christmas Story when he can't get his red rider bb gun. Fucking disgrace and I'm sick of his shit.

PS: Sorry Jack Stroud....i didn't see your eli bashing thread before I started this one. I guess we we're thinking the same things at the same times. I 100 % agree with your assessment of the QB debacle we got ourselves in. Anyone who disagrees is in complete denial.

Your an idiot. He had no protection all night. Its play calling. Not the players.

Guest StrahansGap

Not one of you guys that disagree with me will answer the main point of this thread which is 103 million is too much for Eli. Attention grab...I think not. Very valid point only nobody has the balls to defend his salary and the fact He's the 3rd highest paid player in the NFL.

Not one of you guys that disagree with me will answer the main point of this thread which is 103 million is too much for Eli. Attention grab...I think not. Very valid point only nobody has the balls to defend his salary and the fact He's the 3rd highest paid player in the NFL.

Go back to the Giants.com message board...

Wait is this guy serious?

Since when did the Fab4 from the Giants message board make their way over here?

I don't see a problem with the salary, that's the going rate for a quality starting QB. The bar gets raised with every new contract, in the next few years there will be lesser QBs that will get bigger contracts and then Eli will look like a bargain.

...by the way StrahansGap, if you ever again find yourself agreeing with JackStroud, realize that means its time to re-evaluate your position.

Of course Eli is overpaid. Do you know who else is overpaid? EVERYBODY. Unless you find the cure for cancer, you're not worth 103 mil, I don't care how far you throw a football.

Now, if Eli is such a horrible QB, name the QB in our division you'd rather have. How about in our Conference? When I go down the list, I come up with three guys in the LEAGUE I'd rather have (Brees, Brady, and Peyton), a few guys that are maybe a push, and none that are head and shoulders above the guy we've got. Cutler, Rivers, and Rapistbergers are hotheads that would never cut it under the NYC spotlight... the idea that somehow a clown like Cutler is more clutch than Eli (who made a Super Bowl play you're going to be watching for the rest of your life) is laughable.

You guys remember how Phil Simms was? Not the greatest QB ever, but he had balls and he wasn't afraid to tell the biggest guy on the team to shape up or ship out. Eli just sits there with that stupid grin on his face like Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket, weather they're up 20 or down 40. How about taking a pay cut for a Left Tackle that will protect you? Because right now, $103 Million is way too much for your ass.

I don't remember Phil Simms ever chewing out his teammates, and I've been going to Giants games for 25+ years. He and Parcells got into some famous yelling matches, but I doubt he ever told anyone on his team to "shape up or ship out." On a team with Lawrence Taylor he didn't really have to.

Of course Eli is overpaid. Do you know who else is overpaid? EVERYBODY. Unless you find the cure for cancer, you're not worth 103 mil, I don't care how far you throw a football.

Now, if Eli is such a horrible QB, name the QB in our division you'd rather have. How about in our Conference? When I go down the list, I come up with three guys in the LEAGUE I'd rather have (Brees, Brady, and Peyton), a few guys that are maybe a push, and none that are head and shoulders above the guy we've got. Cutler, Rivers, and Rapistbergers are hotheads that would never cut it under the NYC spotlight... the idea that somehow a clown like Cutler is more clutch than Eli (who made a Super Bowl play you're going to be watching for the rest of your life) is laughable.

I don't remember Phil Simms ever chewing out his teammates, and I've been going to Giants games for 25+ years. He and Parcells got into some famous yelling matches, but I doubt he ever told anyone on his team to "shape up or ship out." On a team with Lawrence Taylor he didn't really have to.

what does that mean? LT was the enforcer? I don't think so.

If you are saying that professional athletes in general are overpaid, I'm not going to argue.

But if you compare his statististics to other QB's in the league, including won/loss record, playoff appearances, etc., I think he is being paid according to what the salary system supports.

It just so happens that his contract was coming up....in a couple years, a bunch of other QB's will likely leapfrog him.

I suppose if he hadn't accomplished anything, you'd have a stronger argument.

SG, I think 25 other teams would be happy with Eli Manning as their QB... and at that salary. Look I understand the game was frustrating (I didn't get to watch all of it since it started 3 AM here).. Eli is not to blame.

I don't see a problem with the salary, that's the going rate for a quality starting QB. The bar gets raised with every new contract, in the next few years there will be lesser QBs that will get bigger contracts and then Eli will look like a bargain.

...by the way StrahansGap, if you ever again find yourself agreeing with JackStroud, realize that means its time to re-evaluate your position.

I totally disagree with piling on SG for this thread.. having said that the bolded comment above is a fucking classic :LMAO:

Guest StrahansGap

Every year, Sports Illustrated magazine conducts an NFL "Players Poll" . 300 plus players are asked questions about their peers in the NFL. In 2009, when asked who the most overrated player in the NFL was, Eli was in 4th place. The previous year he was in 5th. As a matter of fact he wasn't even ranked at all BEFORE he won the Super Bowl. 2007 was indeed the greatest year of my life. That playoff run and Super Bowl win was the best goddamn thing I've ever witnessed. But we all know that that team won everything in the trenches. The O-line was the best in the league that year and the defensive line that year changed the way people drafted rookies out of college. Everyone wanted to load up on defensive lineman after that win.

But to be looked upon by your peers as overrated has to be an awful feeling. In any job, including mine, if your looked at by your peers and co-workers as being overrated....it's a real kick in the dick. Obviously nobody here will agree with me because everyone here bleeds blue, including me. But I've always been a more cerebral fan. I try to put my emotions aside and think clearly without having those images of Eli from the Toyota commercials in my head. I've been saying for a long time now that Jacobs sucks too. I said when his contract was up that we should let him go and that we should sign Bradshaw long term. You guys called me crazy and stupid then. What say you now?