SportsWrath

The fire down below.

Virginia Giant

Watching the Colts come out pissed off and prepared to play after coming off an embarrassing loss has me wondering if the Giants have the fire in their belly to do the same. Granted, the Colts effectiveness was at least partly because of questionable defensive formations and the lack of offensive line play, but that was a determined team. Do the Giants possess the ability to come out pissed off and in the mood to prove somethign against the next team? I'm usually optimistic about them, but after the total lack of effort and lack of giving a damn the team showed late last year, I just don't know.

I probly won't be surprised when we come out with 7 defensive lineman and 2 d backs and Young throws for 400 yards and 5 td's.

Is it certain that Young is going to start against us? I know he was benched for Kerry because he was ineffective

Watching the Colts come out pissed off and prepared to play after coming off an embarrassing loss has me wondering if the Giants have the fire in their belly to do the same. Granted, the Colts effectiveness was at least partly because of questionable defensive formations and the lack of offensive line play, but that was a determined team. Do the Giants possess the ability to come out pissed off and in the mood to prove somethign against the next team? I'm usually optimistic about them, but after the total lack of effort and lack of giving a damn the team showed late last year, I just don't know.

I would hope so.

I thought the Colts were much more intense than the Giants. They were staring 0-2 in the face, and they played with a sense that they were not going to lose the game.

The Giants played like they were doing bongs all afternoon.

NO!!

Not with this Head Coach........they are a ruderless ship

great cannons but its a crapshoot if they will be pointed at the enemy

I don't think what we're seeing is a lack of fire but they are still learning and to a certain extent, feeling their way along in a new defense. Even a split second of uncertainty makes you tentative and that looks from afar like lack of fire. You can be as charged up as possible but until you are absolutely sell out certain what you are doing on every play, you can't fully turn the jets loose. I seem to recall a similar start under Spags.

I don't think what we're seeing is a lack of fire but they are still learning and to a certain extent, feeling their way along in a new defense. Even a split second of uncertainty makes you tentative and that looks from afar like lack of fire. You can be as charged up as possible but until you are absolutely sell out certain what you are doing on every play, you can't fully turn the jets loose. I seem to recall a similar start under Spags.

I know its Cliche but we also had Strahan under Spags he was the guy to get players to light it up a little, even last year players said they missed Strahan in the locker room his second year retired, AP was a fiery guy as well, we need someone to step up and be that leader.

I know its Cliche but we also had Strahan under Spags he was the guy to get players to light it up a little, even last year players said they missed Strahan in the locker room his second year retired, AP was a fiery guy as well, we need someone to step up and be that leader.

gee you're a heat fan now. how random?rolleyes.gif

don't question the effort, question the talent. only chance to win lies with giants offense,

I think it's time to question the players' intelligence. That Titans game was the dumbest collective effort I have ever witnessed.

i'm just happy Nellie's gone.

You guys have Lee who was my favorite Knick, and all you gave away was Eddy Curry 2.0 in Randolph. Why I can't root for the Knicks anymore. I like Riles too thats why the Heat thing, actually haven't rooted for the Knicks since Riley left

Not so fast. There's rumors Cowher is interested in coming back to coaching.

I think Gruden likes being in the booth and theres alot less pressure being on the other side of the media, in fact I don't think he would handle NY too well and wouldn't put his heart and soul into this team. Cowher is a two to three year fix it guy for a franchise in dire straits thats not us. If Coughlin were too go, not saying he should, I would rather have a first time HC. Frazier in Minny would be a good fit even though hes 51 hes been waiting awhile a for a much deserved HC gig.