SportsWrath

So what re the odds we return to the playoffs

JackStroud

next year and make some kind of impact? 40%?

I think we had too much to overcome this year.

I hope this new DC can motivate a defense, and keep Coughlin in the closet.

Jerry Reeses needs to apply his magic like never before.

As for Osi, he needs to shut up and play at a high level. No one is oing to take him seriously playing like he did last year

little premature for this, jack. let's give them a chance to make moves.

yes but one fundemental thing has changed........you have to be a little over the top to be certain were going back to the big game

last few years expectations were high and players under-performed........now at least change will come, and no one is struting around the Giants lockeroom like a peacock

humility is good.......you have to fall before you rise again

Having said all that we do not have a top 5 team anymore.......not even top 10

If you look at a few threads scattered across the Giants section, here's how we shape up:

The defense sucks and needs to be rebuilt.

The Oline is not near the '07 Oline, and is not providing 10 foot gaps for Jacobs, indicating the Oline needs work and possibly a different featured back.

Our running game doesn't quite suck, but is border line suck.

Our kicker sucks.

Our wideouts are suspect, except for maybe Smith.

Our red zone offense (and now this year's red zone defense) sucks, unless they move the red zone back to the 30, then we're money.

Coughlin has gone from Nazi to Angela Davis and has lost this team now that he's got a ring.

The only good thing we've got at the moment is Eli, and they're even saying he may be end up being the better of the 2 Manning's when all is said and done. Unfortunately for us, Superman-ing can't throw the ball to himself, sack an opposing QB, or boot a FG from the 50.

Considering all the suck on this team, we've probably got a 20% chance of sneaking into the playoffs, and that'll only happen if the Eagles dump Mcnabb, Romo gets a new girlfriend, and Shanahan can't find the 2nd coming of Jay Cutler prior to training camp.

We're doomed.

If you look at a few threads scattered across the Giants section, here's how we shape up:

The defense sucks and needs to be rebuilt.

The Oline is not near the '07 Oline, and is not providing 10 foot gaps for Jacobs, indicating the Oline needs work and possibly a different featured back.

Our running game doesn't quite suck, but is border line suck.

Our kicker sucks.

Our wideouts are suspect, except for maybe Smith.

Our red zone offense (and now this year's red zone defense) sucks, unless they move the red zone back to the 30, then we're money.

Coughlin has gone from Nazi to Angela Davis and has lost this team now that he's got a ring.

The only good thing we've got at the moment is Eli, and they're even saying he may be end up being the better of the 2 Manning's when all is said and done. Unfortunately for us, Superman-ing can't throw the ball to himself, sack an opposing QB, or boot a FG from the 50.

Considering all the suck on this team, we've probably got a 20% chance of sneaking into the playoffs, and that'll only happen if the Eagles dump Mcnabb, Romo gets a new girlfriend, and Shanahan can't find the 2nd coming of Jay Cutler prior to training camp.

We're doomed.

I'll go to battle with Smith and Nicks.

60% chance the Giants are in the playoffs. Just being healthier will get them there, as long as they find someone to fill the gap at MLB.

I'll go to battle with Smith and Nicks.

60% chance the Giants are in the playoffs. Just being healthier will get them there, as long as they find someone to fill the gap at MLB.

I was reading somewhere they gave us a ceampuff schedule next year but if we play like we did this year we'll have a heck of a time beating Detroit

I was reading somewhere they gave us a ceampuff schedule next year but if we play like we did this year we'll have a heck of a time beating Detroit

I don't think this is a creampuff schedule:

Home: CHI, DET, JAX, TEN, CAR,DAL,WAS,PHI

Away: GB, MIN, HOU, IND, SEA,DAL,WAS,PHI

On paper, paper mind you, CHI-DET-SEA should...should be wins.

I don't think we walk all over the 'Skins again, but if McNabb is gone, we could sweep the Egals. Dallas is Dallas, always hard to call. I'll go with my usual hope that we at least split the division at 3-3.

That's 6 "no brainers".

GB,HOU, and MIN we lose.

That leaves JAX, TEN, CAR, and IND. JAX and TEN are a toss up, but should be winnable. I'd like to think we'd be pissed off enough over CAR to beat the begeezus out of them in our new stadium, and that Eli beating his brother on Peyton's turf would be payback for the previous meeting, but in my heart, I know better. These will be losses. So I'll mark that down as 2-2 for that series of games.

Basically, considering we haven't hit free agency, the draft or even know if there will be a new CBA yet, 8-8's no creampuff schedule even if (as it stands right now) last year's team hits the field intact.

Eli is an elite QB, and given some greater support from our defense, we'll make the playoffs.

I don't know if you can call Eli an Elite QB......he was rated 11th in the league in 2009 based upon QB rating

You can argue his receivers were better than average, and his running game worse than average. Balancing each other out

at 11 he is closer to average (16th) than elite (Top 5).....Eli is still not a consistent QB.....he has excellent games and not so excellent ones

He's a very good QB..... not Elite....at least not yet

There was nothing elite about the 2009 Giants......no one had pro bowl tatooed on their forehead

The best thing we have going for us right now is that the NFC East has gone form powerhouse to doghouse

there are no elite teams inthe NFC East

I don't know if you can call Eli an Elite QB......he was rated 11th in the league in 2009 based upon QB rating

You can argue his receivers were better than average, and his running game worse than average. Balancing each other out

at 11 he is closer to average (16th) than elite (Top 5).....Eli is still not a consistent QB.....he has excellent games and not so excellent ones

He's a very good QB..... not Elite....at least not yet

There was nothing elite about the 2009 Giants......no one had pro bowl tatooed on their forehead

The best thing we have going for us right now is that the NFC East has gone form powerhouse to doghouse

there are no elite teams inthe NFC East

Actually, the Dog and I discussed this, and we came to the conclusion that Eli is indeed an elite QB.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the Dog and I discussed this, and we came to the conclusion that Eli is indeed an elite QB.

if you define elite to mean painfully inconsistent in performance and unable to demonstrate leadership in the role that requires as such, then you and the dog are in complete agreement.