SportsWrath

Steve Smith will go to the Pro Bowl

UK-Giantsfan

Good for him....well deserved, no doubt.

I like the fact that the Pro Bowl is now before the Super Bowl....much cooler.

They should make the winner (AFC/NFC) be the equivalent of the coin toss winner for the Super Bowl.

Good for him....well deserved, no doubt.

I like the fact that the Pro Bowl is now before the Super Bowl....much cooler.

They should make the winner (AFC/NFC) be the equivalent of the coin toss winner for the Super Bowl.

i dont like it, seems like less players are willing to participate.

vince young has now made it to the probowl and as the article states makes it likely that 8 out of 16 starters in the conference may be able to call themselves probowlers.

"Sign me up for a league where the half the people with my job qualify as all-stars. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/16904/young-now-a-pro-bowler-too

i dont like it, seems like less players are willing to participate.

vince young has now made it to the probowl and as the article states makes it likely that 8 out of 16 starters in the conference may be able to call themselves probowlers.

"Sign me up for a league where the half the people with my job qualify as all-stars. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/16904/young-now-a-pro-bowler-too

I agree and I think it sucks. They should just nominate an honorary "All Star" team and be done with any actual game. Going to the Pro Bowl because a bunch of guys ahead of you didn't want to play is hardly an honor.

the hawaii trip was an incentive for some. i'm sure a lot of guys will be there for the SB, they just don't want to suit up. Can't blame them really.

That's what most the player's say and I think it's going back again. I understand that the NFL wants ratings but they should just think of it as a loss leader for the player's that make the league so rich.