SportsWrath

Strahan Where are you

GorillaNJ

I had the Fox pre-game on, but wasn't paying much attention to it. I thought I overheard them saying Strahan gave them a rah rah either today or during the week. I know it's not the same as being on the team, in the locker room, but still, it didn't do much good. If the players ain't got it, they ain't got it, ya know?

I had the Fox pre-game on, but wasn't paying much attention to it. I thought I overheard them saying Strahan gave them a rah rah either today or during the week. I know it's not the same as being on the team, in the locker room, but still, it didn't do much good. If the players ain't got it, they ain't got it, ya know?

At half time they made a reference to it too... and Strahan said this team had put the stamp on this season weeks ago and finally mailed it in.

Wow, not only do you need your beady ass eyes checked, but apparently, your ears, too. He said that he gave that speech a couple weeks ago, and they won. No speech this week.

Rewind your DVR, he said he spoke to them mid-week.

Rewind your DVR, he said he spoke to them mid-week.

hahaha, no, he said he did it the week they won, because the other dudes were busting his chops.

Go on, find it anywhere online. I'll wait for you.

I wish I could say with absolute certainty when exactly he spoke to them, I already said I wasn't paying attention, and it most certainly could have been during halftime. I didn't realize I'd need future evidence, but there was definitely a reference made to Strahan talking to the team, by the Fox guys today.

You find where both Bronx and I are wrong instead.. assface

okay. My link

They busted his chops about his team, he said that when he did give them a speech, they won. Then he did say they already put the stamp on the season.

You linked to a google search?

Do you see anywhere that Strahan gave a speech this week? If Strahan gave a speech this week, it would have been in the news. It wasn't. He didn't.

You linked to a google search?

Yeah, and I just spent 10 minutes sifting through links.

Look guys, it is very possible Strah was referencing a different time frame than what I originally posted. My point was, he can talk all he wants to, but apparently the team wasn't listening.

Yeah, and I just spent 10 minutes sifting through links.

Look guys, it is very possible Strah was referencing a different time frame than what I originally posted. My point was, he can talk all he wants to, but apparently the team wasn't listening.

True, but one or two speeches is not what this team needs, it needs a real leader who gets the players to step up and not be embarrassed this week and last. The defense has shown little fire since that Redskins game, and it is easy to get fired up when you are destroying the other team.

You must be right.... funny Rik and I both misheard the samething.

Oh, I misheard it the first time, too. Then, I listened again. They were busting his chops. And Strahan was like, well, they won when I gave them a pep talk.

The dog is not sure what is more amusing, arguing over when strahan gave a "pep" talk to this team (really, storm, the dog is wondering why the need to open fire on everything and everyone as of late, but it makes for good entertainment), or the fact that anyone would think strahan could inject life into a room full of gutless and heartless time clock-punchers that suffered for overachieving in recent years but who ultimately have been exposed once the d-cordinator moved on...

no leadership (and this includes the million dollar inconsistent QB that everyone likes to ordain)...weak d-backs that have been covered by schemes for years...limited ego maniacs on the d-line, a running back that cashed in on his physical size and ability to run through train-sized openings and over 150 pound corner backs, but who slips on his glass slippers and crumbles like a lethargic tranquilized bear if the line can't give him a clear lane to run through...a long offseason awaits...

True, but one or two speeches is not what this team needs, it needs a real leader who gets the players to step up and not be embarrassed this week and last. The defense has shown little fire since that Redskins game, and it is easy to get fired up when you are destroying the other team.

I agree. I don't know who in that locker room can step up next year. Pierce is probably done, obviously Strah is gone, and I don't see a vet FA pick up getting it done either. Leadership and inspiration come over time. Strah had a great example in LT and whoever was left from the 80's D. One would think Tuck, Osi, or even Kiwi should be the next natural leader, but quite frankly, if that's what either of them is considered, they've failed miserably.

The dog is not sure what is more amusing, arguing over when strahan gave a "pep" talk to this team (really, storm, the dog is wondering why the need to open fire on everything and everyone as of late, but it makes for good entertainment), or the fact that anyone would think strahan could inject life into a room full of gutless and heartless time clock-punchers that suffered for overachieving in recent years but who ultimately have been exposed once the d-cordinator moved on...

no leadership (and this includes the million dollar inconsistent QB that everyone likes to ordain)...weak d-backs that have been covered by schemes for years...limited ego maniacs on the d-line, a running back that cashed in on his physical size and ability to run through train-sized openings and over 150 pound corner backs, but who slips on his glass slippers and crumbles like a lethargic tranquilized bear if the line can't give him a clear lane to run through...a long offseason awaits...

Just Gorilla, Ccase, and So Cal.

I agree with everything you say about this team. Have for about 6 weeks, now...

No he didn't. Strahan said he gave them the pep talk 3 weeks ago.. and they won.

I'm happy with today's result. Very ecstatic actually. This assures us heads will roll. Remember how we landed Coughlin... the owners said this team needed disciplinarian.. say what you will about Coughlin but he got that part fixed... (till this year of course). Now I don't think this team needs a lot of fixing (at this time i'm praying someone like Fish, Jim, or XXI chimes and agreees with me :)). We are very few pieces away to regaining our dominance. Sintim is licking his chops right now. I hope the Giants land a stud free agent at MLB (at this point I like a FA better than a Rookie but I will be happy with a stud rookie in the mold of Cushing or Orakpo.

We've seen this before... Tim Lewis anyone? Johnny Lynn anyone? I guess you know where I'm going with this. It saddens me that I won't see my team play till next season.. but fuck it. Maybe we took a step back to make a huge leap forward. :G_ball: