SportsWrath

Did this suggest the Giants can and might be able to sign John Fox to run their D THIS SEASON?

Nas

perry fewell

perry farrell

im not gonna lie when i first read his name janes addiction popped into my head.

True, I first heard the name so the Jane's Addiction frontman didn't register...Fuel-Feral

Nolan was a great DC for us after Bellicheck left and knows how to bring it./....I've seen him gameplan with nobodies and shut a team down

Also his Dad Dick is in the NY Giants HOF

his blood runs Blue

I think hes DC for Denver or SFO now

does anyone know where Nolan is?

denver and he wasn't so great for the giants. he was all about the secondary.

denver and he wasn't so great for the giants. he was all about the secondary.

He has the Denver D way over performing

He is exactly what we need.......He'd be my 1st choice to replace Sheridan, and inherit Coughlin's spot

Listen I remember the Nolan Giant defense......he could dial up the blitz as well as anyone ever

he was a master at taking mediocre players play way over their heads.....and that was 12-13 yrs ago

If it were possible I'd replace Couglin with Nolan in January

He has the Denver D way over performing

He is exactly what we need.......He'd be my 1st choice to replace Sheridan, and inherit Coughlin's spot

Listen I remember the Nolan Giant defense......he could dial up the blitz as well as anyone ever

he was a master at taking mediocre players play way over their heads.....and that was 12-13 yrs ago

If it were possible I'd replace Couglin with Nolan in January

you're smoking dope, jack. nolan stunk up the joint in SF as a HC. Denver D is playing on their heels just like Giants did with him at the lead. The past is not always better, my friend.

you're smoking dope, jack. nolan stunk up the joint in SF as a HC. Denver D is playing on their heels just like Giants did with him at the lead. The past is not always better, my friend.

blunatic, Denver's D is playing better than the '09 Giants D...and not many people would say their defense has as much talent as the Giants D.

I have fond memories of Nolan putting together some pretty fair defenses out of what amounted to spare parts. IMO, he's almost as good as John Fox.

blunatic, Denver's D is playing better than the '09 Giants D...and not many people would say their defense has as much talent as the Giants D.

I have fond memories of Nolan putting together some pretty fair defenses out of what amounted to spare parts. IMO, he's almost as good as John Fox.

respectfully, i remember differently . his giants D was a read/react as opposed to Fox's and spag's more aggressive attack thru the gaps type.

i recall we got a lot of INT's with him the first year and then the other teams schemed better against us and we got pushed around.

and he was a total jerk as a HC. angry and divisive with the media, FO and players.

but i'll give you that he's better than sheridan

respectfully, i remember differently . his giants D was a read/react as opposed to Fox's and spag's more aggressive attack thru the gaps type.

i recall we got a lot of INT's with him the first year and then the other teams schemed better against us and we got pushed around.

and he was a total jerk as a HC. angry and divisive with the media, FO and players.

He cannot be more a dictator than Coughlin

on a scale of 0 to 100 Coughlin is 200

What you do not remember about Nolan is that like Spags, Nolan would change up the D each week depending upon the opponent

at times he played it like Buddy Ryan........others he dialed up 2 deep

Nolan had absolutely NO talent at SFO........Vince Lombardi would have stuggled

Are you thinking of Rod Rust? I recall Nolan's D always seemed to have a lot of variety...thats what I remember seeing from him when he was Baltimore's DC too, and this year again in Denver.

He cannot be more a dictator than Coughlin

on a scale of 0 to 100 Coughlin is 200

What you do not remember about Nolan is that like Spags, Nolan would change up the D each week depending upon the opponent

at times he played it like Buddy Ryan........others he dialed up 2 deep

Nolan had absolutely NO talent at SFO........Vince Lombardi would have stuggled

Mike Nolan was DC in NYG from 93-96. They were ranked 5, 11, 17, 14 respectively. Continually got worse.

Mike Nolan was DC in Wash from 97-99. They were ranked 16, 24, 30 respectively. Continually got worse. Lept to #4 the year he left.

Mike Nolan was DC in Balt from 02-04. (loaded with talent) They were ranked 2, 3, 6 respectively. Continually got worse. Went from 5th to 1st in the two years after he left. Also, they were ranked 2nd three years straight before he arrived.

as for SF, you're right, they had no talent but he did nothing to improve it and was kicked out on his suit clad keister mid-season. since then they're around .500 with singletary and the same talent.

Mike Nolan was DC in NYG from 93-96. They were ranked 5, 11, 17, 14 respectively. Continually got worse.

Mike Nolan was DC in Wash from 97-99. They were ranked 16, 24, 30 respectively. Continually got worse. Lept to #4 the year he left.

Mike Nolan was DC in Balt from 02-04. (loaded with talent) They were ranked 2, 3, 6 respectively. Continually got worse. Went from 5th to 1st in the two years after he left. Also, they were ranked 2nd three years straight before he arrived.

as for SF, you're right, they had no talent but he did nothing to improve it and was kicked out on his suit clad keister mid-season. since then they're around .500 with singletary and the same talent.

Thats a good point, but I think those rankings are coincidental...all those teams were in a state of decline during those periods. The Giants were mired in the winter of George Young, the 'Skins were in their Norv Turner years, Baltimore...well, Baltimore you might have a point...oh wait, they were actually 22nd his first year (I recall 2002 being a weird year for them), and then 3rd and 6th. But then look at Denver this year, its a complete 180 and Nolan is getting the credit.

Maybe its just me, but I like Nolan's Xs and Os.

The man said tara!!!

Yeah man...sucking in Cleveland should not be held against anyone...lol.

I know 8 people from Cleveland... and they all suck.

Oh wait, they're Puerto Ricans.. sorry carry on.