SportsWrath

Did this suggest the Giants can and might be able to sign John Fox to run their D THIS SEASON?

Nas

⇒ WEEK 16 -- Panthers at Giants, Sunday at 1 p.m. It is two days after Christmas and the NFL is in a giving mood.

Panthers are playing out the string and Giants try to hire John Fox on the spot to run their defense. Some old Giants' swagger returns just in time in their final game at Giants Stadium. Giants 24, Panthers 10

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/how_giants_will_make_the_playoffs_6unGPktzj2pl2qTEMEWMMI#ixzz0ZuuHwVR8

Great article.

no,

the article suggests playing in front of him our nyg/carolina game would be like auditioning for him to want to come be a coordinator for that team next season.

id be for hiring him next season but i think its a huge longshot.

no,

the article suggests playing in front of him our nyg/carolina game would be like auditioning for him to want to come be a coordinator for that team next season.

id be for hiring him next season but i think its a huge longshot.

I'm curious to know if a coach of another team that's no longer in contention.. say the Rams or or the Panthers... can that coach go and work for another team if his employer allows him to do so?

this makes perfect sense

John running the D for one year in the new stadium and then taking over for a retiring Coughlin

I WOULD WANT THIS if I were the Giants owners

The Giants never wanted Fox to depart in the 1st place......Erne admitted on WFAN he almost replaced Fassel with Fox after the 2000 SB debacle

I don't see any justification for John Fox taking a demotion to Defensive Coordinator even on the slim chance that he leaves Carolina.

This story concerns next season, and operates on the assumption that Fox gets canned after this season is over. And that could happen, given the coaching talent floating around. I could easily see Shanahan coaching in Carolina (I hope....if he takes the Dallas job they'd be a lock to win the division next year).

Fox would be a great slide into the DC chair until Darth Coughlin finally retires.

My choice would be Romeo Crennel, though....a Parcells disciple, and 3 Rings under Belichick at New England as a DC. A perfect fit for the Giants, and a logical successor to Coughlin too.

If sucking at Cleveland is a crime, every coach since Marty Schottenheimer (including Belichick) is guilty.

This story concerns next season, and operates on the assumption that Fox gets canned after this season is over. And that could happen, given the coaching talent floating around. I could easily see Shanahan coaching in Carolina (I hope....if he takes the Dallas job they'd be a lock to win the division next year).

Fox would be a great slide into the DC chair until Darth Coughlin finally retires.

Really? Read it again, he's joking about Fox. Again, even on the off chance that Fox gets canned, he will get another head coaching job or he will wait for one. You guys are assuming that people are willing to take a demotion to get a this dream DC job with the Giants_WHY?

---

Jauron, maybe... he's better suited as a DC even though he's improved every team he's HC'd

But not Fox, he's a head coach to stay.

Really? Read it again, he's joking about Fox. Again, even on the off chance that Fox gets canned, he will get another head coaching job or he will wait for one. You guys are assuming that people are willing to take a demotion to get a this dream DC job with the Giants_WHY?

---

Jauron, maybe... he's better suited as a DC even though he's improved every team he's HC'd

And why shouldn't he be. He did a great job in Carolina and it's not his fault Delhomme can't see the colour teal. Since he's been there they have been successful.

My choice would be Romeo Crennel, though....a Parcells disciple, and 3 Rings under Belichick at New England as a DC. A perfect fit for the Giants, and a logical successor to Coughlin too.

If sucking at Cleveland is a crime, every coach since Marty Schottenheimer (including Belichick) is guilty.

LOL Romeo Crennel?

you have to be kidding me.......

LOL Romeo Crennel?

you have to be kidding me.......

What's to joke about, Jack....the 3 Super Bowl rings he earned while a DC at New England?

It's a matter of fact that the Maras think very highly of Romeo....he was leading head coach candidate after Fassel got canned.

Either Fox or Crennel would be a good fit for the Giants.

---

Fox gets fired, gets hired as Assistant Head Coach / Defense, and then gets Coughlin's job when he retires. Doesn't sound like a stretch to me.

Actually I'd like to see Spags come back for a year as DC and gauranteed contract as HC when Coughlin retires

which I hope is soon

He wasting his time in St Louis

Sure....that' sounds a lot more likely than hiring Romeo Crennel to take over our defense..... :rolleyes:

Damn.. lol. Good shit, Joe.

watch out also for perry fewell, hes the interim headcoach and defensive coordinator for buffalo.

he worked with TC in the past, he was the secondary coach for jacksonville under TC.

if you want realistic predictions id say its either him or jauron.

Actually I'd like to see Spags come back for a year as DC and gauranteed contract as HC when Coughlin retires

which I hope is soon

He wasting his time in St Louis

You're on some wacko-shit, Jack. Fox made a mediocre defense play lights out. Fox presided over the D when our only source of hope came from the D. Much love to Spags but he had a mature Michael Strahan at his disposal.. he had an in-prime Anotonio Peirce... I'd be ecstatic with either one fo these guys but if I had to choose, I'd Fox comes home.

You're on some wacko-shit, Jack. Fox made a mediocre defense play lights out. Fox presided over the D when our only source of hope came from the D. Much love to Spags but he had a mature Michael Strahan at his disposal.. he had an in-prime Anotonio Peirce... I'd be ecstatic with either one fo these guys but if I had to choose, I'd Fox comes home.

What about Mike Nolan?.....with a contract to take over at HC when Coughhy retires or is forced to

What about Mike Nolan?.....with a contract to take over at HC when Coughhy retires or is forced to

Don't know much about Nolan... I grew up watching Fox at DC and I remember how I felt when he left for Carolina.

buffalos defense was over achieving under fewell and they are playing their best football this season with him as the interim headcoach, add that with the fact that he has a history with coughlin i could see him being our DC/headcoach in waiting if he doesnt get teh bills or another headcoaching job.

buffalos defense was over achieving under fewell and they are playing their best football this season with him as the interim headcoach, add that with the fact that he has a history with coughlin i could see him being our DC/headcoach in waiting if he doesnt get teh bills or another headcoaching job.

...assuming he doesn't take Jane's Addiction back out on tour again.

Don't know much about Nolan... I grew up watching Fox at DC and I remember how I felt when he left for Carolina.

Mike Nolan was the Giants D-coordinator at the end of Dan Reeves' head coaching tenure...flopped as 49ers head coach, but he's doing great as DC out in Denver right now. I'd love to have him back.

Nolan was a great DC for us after Bellicheck left and knows how to bring it./....I've seen him gameplan with nobodies and shut a team down

Also his Dad Dick is in the NY Giants HOF

his blood runs Blue

I think hes DC for Denver or SFO now

does anyone know where Nolan is?