SportsWrath

Goff appears to be NY Giants' new starting middle linebacker

Mr. P

When the Giants suddenly lost Antonio Pierce to a bulging disk in his neck, the quick, simple fix was to plug Chase Blackburn into that spot. And that's exactly what they did.

Two games later, they appear to be taking a different approach.

Second-year linebacker Jonathan Goff was working with Michael Boley and Danny Clark during the portion of practice that was open to the media on Wednesday. Goff has been taking snaps with the starters in practice but has never worked primarily with the first team during the individual portion of practice. The fact he was out there with Boley and Clark Wednesday is a solid indication Sunday's matchup against the Cowboys could be the first career start for last year's fifth-round pick.

Goff, who has been impressive on special teams this year with several big hits, will be available to reporters after practice. Stay tuned for updates.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/12/jonathan_goff_appears_to_be_ny.html

jacks gotta be on suicide watch right now,

the emotional up and down for jack lately has got to be taking its toll, first the unbridled joy he felt when pierce got injured, then even more joy when pierce was IR'd and now the heartbreak hes feeling because of this.

damn i cant imagine

jacks gotta be on suicide watch right now,

the emotional up and down for jack lately has got to be taking its toll, first the unbridled joy he felt when pierce got injured, then even more joy when pierce was IR'd and now the heartbreak hes feeling because of this.

damn i cant imagine

Jack's a "half-full" type of guy. I'm expecting his joy at Pierce being on IR will offset his Blackburn sorrow.

Jack's a "half-full" type of guy. I'm expecting his joy at Pierce being on IR will offset his Blackburn sorrow.

Im fine with anything Coughlin wants to do to save his job

frankly replacing Blackburn will only make things worse, and Coughlin will not do this....he has to train this guy as a back up....if chase goes down its a rudderless ship right now

Goff does not have a clue as to how to run a defense........but if he makes us better im for it

you guys are homing in on the wrong player.........its the giants defensive line that is offensive

id like to see Tolliffson in there

Can they please try to involve Sintim as well, and see what he's got?

Any also why not see if Travis Beckum can open up the middle of his field on offense? He's looked good in his few opportunities this season.

I agree with this, but until Beckum gets his blocking up to snuff, he's getting limited runs at full back and tight end. I mean when a team starts bringing in offensive lineman (beatty) as an extra blocker, you know what they're concerned with.

I sincerely hope Goff does well

I'm sure Blaackburn will be in a lot as well

I just want to win out, and see if we can advance this year............They could play Terry Bradshaw at MLBer if that will make it so

glad to see the non preforming Osi has been benched

glad to see the non preforming Osi has been benched

I'm not too concerned. Obviously the coaches saw things on tape that prompted that move. It's sad some players need fire to be lit under their asses to get going.

I like the guy Nas but he is not the player he was before the knee reconstruction

I like Osi too but our record and #s speak for themselves. It's a no-brainer.. it seems some players were caught playing at half-assed speed.