SportsWrath

Best football weekend in over a month.

JMFP

*and michael turner is most probably out next week.*

*which is not great for my fantasy team but good for :giants:

Wesbrook is pretty much done for the year. a second concussion his first game back? Not good

and ...AND...

Dallas lost a key part of their offensive line for the rest of the season. Things are looking up.

it really essentially boils down to this...If the Giants win their home games from here on out they will probably win the divsion. Assuming they can get at least 1 road win as well. What will be interesting is how important the game is for the Vikes in week 17. We could actually have a role reversal of a year ago where if the Giants can beat an already clinched team they themselves might win their divsion.

I see 4 home wins and 1 of 2 road wins before week 17 as the Giants path to winning the divsion.

it really essentially boils down to this...If the Giants win their home games from here on out they will probably win the divsion. Assuming they can get at least 1 road win as well. What will be interesting is how important the game is for the Vikes in week 17. We could actually have a role reversal of a year ago where if the Giants can beat an already clinched team they themselves might win their divsion.

I see 4 home wins and 1 of 2 road wins before week 17 as the Giants path to winning the divsion.

ok, just so the dog is clear, you are stating that the giants need to win 5 out of 7 remaining games that include two wins against the two division teams they are competing with to win the division? hmmm, anyone want to argue the contrary?

ok, just so the dog is clear, you are stating that the giants need to win 5 out of 7 remaining games that include two wins against the two division teams they are competing with to win the division? hmmm, anyone want to argue the contrary?

I do not see how you can argue that to the contrary. The Giants cushion(lets say wins against Zona and SD) which would give them a 1 game lead(essentially 2 with a win over Dallas) does not exist, the margin for error is now down to having to win the divisional games to win the division. Its ironic because last year they had a similar home DEC. schedule and did not have to win those games to win the DIV. this year there is no choice. Giants to win NFC east have to go 4-0 at home and win one of 3 games vs Skins(preferably) Vikes or Broncos. There really is no other way to assume they can win the div with any other such type numbers. Of course if Dallas runs the table and goes 6-1 with one loss to the Giants its a moot point, but I dont see that happening and that would ensure the Giants IMO a WC spot then as Dallas would have taken care of Philly as well as the Giants. I dont see Dallas losing just one more game from here on out with games with SD, N.O. Philly Giants, guess its possible but doubtful, then again who the hell knows if the Giants can win another game either. Its just what I see as a must to at least have a chance.

I do not see how you can argue that to the contrary. The Giants cushion(lets say wins against Zona and SD) which would give them a 1 game lead(essentially 2 with a win over Dallas) does not exist, the margin for error is now down to having to win the divisional games to win the division. Its ironic because last year they had a similar home DEC. schedule and did not have to win those games to win the DIV. this year there is no choice. Giants to win NFC east have to go 4-0 at home and win one of 3 games vs Skins(preferably) Vikes or Broncos. There really is no other way to assume they can win the div with any other such type numbers. Of course if Dallas runs the table and goes 6-1 with one loss to the Giants its a moot point, but I dont see that happening and that would ensure the Giants IMO a WC spot then as Dallas would have taken care of Philly as well as the Giants. I dont see Dallas losing just one more game from here on out with games with SD, N.O. Philly Giants, guess its possible but doubtful, then again who the hell knows if the Giants can win another game either. Its just what I see as a must to at least have a chance.

I think what Italian Dog is trying to say is that you pretty much stated the obvious in the post above...