SportsWrath

Shankapotomus does it again

JackStroud

Yeah I think we'll chalk up a bunch more INTs in the next couple weeks. Russell's QB Rating is 39.8 blink.gif

He is terrible he just cocks back and threws it like him and the wideout are the only two players on the field there is always like 4 or 5 members of the secondary just waiting like its a punt,this is why you can't draft guys based on their combine performance. What a shitty QB draft that was Quinn,Russell yikes

I have Carney in the SW III fantasy football league, and this is this week's player report:

Fri, Oct 2

Although Carney has made five of six field goals on the year (his only miss was a blocked attempt), his job security is uncertain with Garrett Hartley set to be reinstated from his four-game suspension after Sunday's game, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Recommendation: Carney has done nothing wrong this year. However, at 45 years-old he simply lacks the leg to consistently hit field goals longer than 40 yards. Coach Sean Payton will have an interesting decision to make after this weekend. If you're a Carney owner, or Hartley is floating around on the waiver wire in your league, keep an eye on the situation come Monday. The winner of the job will be a viable kicking option for most of this season backed by the Saints' high-powered offense.

(Rotowire.com)

This is Tynes' player report:

Wed, Sep 30

K Lawrence Tynes leads all NFL kickers with 32 points, one more than San Diego's Nate Kaeding. Tynes has made eight of 10 field goal attempts and all eight of his extra point tries. He also has two touchbacks. However he has two short misses - from 21 and 29 yards. Tynes said his recent struggles have stemmed from not carrying over his kicking habits from practice to the game. At the suggestion of special teams coordinator Tom Quinn - and with Tynes' consent - Tynes has adopted a different approach on kickoffs and field goals but he said he is now reverting to his old form on game day. "I feel comfortable, that's the frustrating part," Tynes said. "I just gotta get some old habits out of my head when it comes to game day in terms of how I line up, the things I've been doing for the previous eight years."

(Yahoo! Sports)

He is terrible he just cocks back and threws it like him and the wideout are the only two players on the field there is always like 4 or 5 members of the secondary just waiting like its a punt,this is why you can't draft guys based on their combine performance. What a shitty QB draft that was Quinn,Russell yikes

i don't know if you follow college football but russell put up some great numbers and meorable performances. i'm not saying that means anything but it wasn't from the combines. although once al heard he can throw 60 yds from his knees he was pretty much sold. :D

watching the replay, and feagles reaction(feagles was clearly mad at himself) feagles didnt get the laces where they should be.

but

with a kick that short it shouldnt make too much of a difference.

I think Feagles did a fine job turning the ball just in time... that's not the problem anyway.. the laces only affect the kick from long distance as the ball loses steam sailing in the air. That was just a bad miss.

I think Feagles did a fine job turning the ball just in time... that's not the problem anyway.. the laces only affect the kick from long distance as the ball loses steam sailing in the air. That was just a bad miss.

just sayin what i saw.

and feagles was clearly upset at himself for that.

i don't know if you follow college football but russell put up some great numbers and meorable performances. i'm not saying that means anything but it wasn't from the combines. although once al heard he can throw 60 yds from his knees he was pretty much sold. biggrin.gif

I seen Russell plenty at LSU not every player that puts up tremendous numbers in college though translates to the NFL,and Russell wasn't all that spectacular in college and didn't start that many years what two? he had that bowl game against Notre Dame that pretty much put him #1 in the draft against Quinn who was his only competition in that draft, he also threw a crap load of picks in college

I seen Russell plenty at LSU not every player that puts up tremendous numbers in college though translates to the NFL,and Russell wasn't all that spectacular in college and didn't start that many years what two? he had that bowl game against Notre Dame that pretty much put him #1 in the draft against Quinn who was his only competition in that draft, he also threw a crap load of picks in college

you said they picked him because of the combines- i think you also threw in brady quinn as a subliminal message. i'm saying it wasn't just the combines. if you're say he was a questionable pick, you're preaching to the choir.

I have Carney in the SW III fantasy football league, and this is this week's player report:

This is Tynes' player report:

Tynes' report is interesting because I thought it was stupid in the first place to change his kicking style as it was. The dude has been kicking that way his entire career. We haven't really seen much of an improvement in his kickoffs (I'm assuming the change in his kicking style was the "stand closer to the ball and don't do the running wind-up to kick") with every kickoff being hit or miss...sometimes he kicks it deep and does have 2 touchbacks, but other times he'll squib or pop it into the air (albeit I'm sure at least SOME of those are strategies). And on to field goals: the change in his approach to the kick is obviously hindering him. He seems to be stuck in between two styles, the style that's been successful for him with how he lines up, and this new one that seems to make him pull everything left. I guess we will have to see whether it proves to be beneficial for him once he gets used to it.

you said they picked him because of the combines- i think you also threw in brady quinn as a subliminal message. i'm saying it wasn't just the combines. if you're say he was a questionable pick, you're preaching to the choir.

I think Oakland drafts everybody because of the combines DHB is the new example of that. He can't run routes,he can't catch and he doesn't really seem to care but boy is he fast lets take himconfused.gif

Tynes' report is interesting because I thought it was stupid in the first place to change his kicking style as it was. The dude has been kicking that way his entire career. We haven't really seen much of an improvement in his kickoffs (I'm assuming the change in his kicking style was the "stand closer to the ball and don't do the running wind-up to kick") with every kickoff being hit or miss...sometimes he kicks it deep and does have 2 touchbacks, but other times he'll squib or pop it into the air (albeit I'm sure at least SOME of those are strategies). And on to field goals: the change in his approach to the kick is obviously hindering him. He seems to be stuck in between two styles, the style that's been successful for him with how he lines up, and this new one that seems to make him pull everything left. I guess we will have to see whether it proves to be beneficial for him once he gets used to it.

Except that he said he abandons the 'new' style on gameday because his old style is more familiar, so I'm assuming his old style is why he pulls to the left. No?

Tynes has been shanking them to the left for years..............did Feagles cause ALL those :rolleyes:

Feagles is probably saying

how in Flying F___ can you possibly miss two chippies two games in a row

DONT QUIT YOUR NIGHT JOB LAWRENCE (soon to be of Arabia)

LOL

Except that he said he abandons the 'new' style on gameday because his old style is more familiar, so I'm assuming his old style is why he pulls to the left. No?

I dunno, I can't remember, did he consistently pull it left? I guess most right legged kickers would....

Guess so then

I dunno, I can't remember, did he consistently pull it left? I guess most right legged kickers would....

Guess so then

Yeah, I don't know either. I just figured if he's pulling it left, and he admits he uses the 'new' style in practice, but reverts to his old style on gameday, then it must be his old way that's giving him issues.

I think Oakland drafts everybody because of the combines DHB is the new example of that. He can't run routes,he can't catch and he doesn't really seem to care but boy is he fast lets take himconfused.gif

nothing to do with the combines. al likes strong arm QB's and fast receivers. been that way for 40 years.