SportsWrath

I'm issuing a public aplology to Sheridan

JackStroud

Here's the difference Storm... it took Hunter Smith to take only 3 strides before Michael Johnson, Danny Clark, and Chris Canty starting pursuing. It took TWICE as long for Moss to start pursuing. How is he supposed to know the ball wasn't kicked? Well, when you are about 2 and a half feet away from a ball that's about to be kicked, even if you don't see it, you should still hear the foot kicking the ball. Hell, I even hear it on TV. When you don't hear that, you better get your head on a swivel.

No excuse for Moss. I put the thing in slo mo replay and he dogged it. He absolutely dogged it. As I said, it took him twice as long to react as the other guys. And Sinorice Moss, the fastest guy on the team, could very well have caught a 32 year old PUNTER! The only reason the kicker was able to even engage Moss was because he was just standing there lackadaisically instead of pursuing the play.

You really need to come up with yet even more excuses for Moss.

Moss was in the backfield, the other guys didn't penetrate into the backfield and have to reverse gears, they were right there being blocked and saw the ball coming to them and still couldn't shed any blocks or catch up (Michael Johnson is not slow...the other two...are).

You really need to blame Moss for more things, such as the buttery defense at the end of the game and Manning's delay of game penalty, possibly.

Moss was in the backfield, the other guys didn't penetrate into the backfield and have to reverse gears, they were right there being blocked and saw the ball coming to them and still couldn't shed any blocks or catch up (Michael Johnson is not slow...the other two...are).

You really need to blame Moss for more things, such as the buttery defense at the end of the game and Manning's delay of game penalty, possibly.

Sorry man, I watched it in slo mo replay with DVR more than several times, and replayed it in full speed several times. Moss didn't catch him because of lack of effort, period. If he had just shown the same effort as Canty, Johnson, and Clark, he would've had Smith, but he didn't. I guarantee you the Giants coaches will see that on film and he will answer for it.

i blame moss for my fading vision and world hunger.

Wow, the dog thinks this is too funny. admittingly, the dog didn't pay attention to the play when it unfolded, but if Moss was lined up on the outside and hard coming off the edge, then most likely his assignment is to sell out and block the kick. If that is true, then he is not responsible for any fake. Someone else has that assignment. If Moss was lined up anywhere and did not rush from his spot, then he is most likely to blame. If Moss had fake responsibility, and rushed the kick isntead, than he is to blame, and the dog is pretty sure nobody on the boards designed the giants field goal defense scheme, and so can't speak intelligently to it...

if moss' was assigned to block the kick and not cover the fake (logic tells you this would be his assignment, as he is a fast WR and so to have him on fake responsibility and put him in pass coverage or have him tackle would be against all logic in this instance), then he is clean on the play...

Wow, the dog thinks this is too funny. admittingly, the dog didn't pay attention to the play when it unfolded, but if Moss was lined up on the outside and hard coming off the edge, then most likely his assignment is to sell out and block the kick. If that is true, then he is not responsible for any fake. Someone else has that assignment. If Moss was lined up anywhere and did not rush from his spot, then he is most likely to blame. If Moss had fake responsibility, and rushed the kick isntead, than he is to blame, and the dog is pretty sure nobody on the boards designed the giants field goal defense scheme, and so can't speak intelligently to it...

if moss' was assigned to block the kick and not cover the fake (logic tells you this would be his assignment, as he is a fast WR and so to have him on fake responsibility and put him in pass coverage or have him tackle would be against all logic in this instance), then he is clean on the play...

This is exactly correct.

Moss can't go from attempting to block a kick to catching a guy 5 yards downfield and 10 yards outside the tackle box, from the backfield

You have no concept of irony at all do you?

This is exactly correct.

Moss can't go from attempting to block a kick to catching a guy 5 yards downfield and 10 yards outside the tackle box, from the backfield

He's only aiming two yards in front of the holder, the same guy that ran past him with the ball. It's seriously not that much of an adjustment.

Here, watch it again. Moss is hardly going full tilt and could have reacted if he'd been paying attention. Johnson definitely dogs it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CRaBcEKvU

Can't believe this thread has gone so long without somebody posting this -

From the transcript of Coughlan's press conference, which can be found on the Giants website:

Q: RE: The faked field goal.

A: It was an all-out block.

Q: From that side.

A: As it turned out it was. But that is my call. That is my call. Put that one on me. It is not on the players.

There are a lot bigger issues facing us this week in Dallas. Lets move on.

He's only aiming two yards in front of the holder, the same guy that ran past him with the ball. It's seriously not that much of an adjustment.

Here, watch it again. Moss is hardly going full tilt and could have reacted if he'd been paying attention. Johnson definitely dogs it too.

I did watch it several times...and I still can't see how Sinorice Moss could have ever made that play unless he was expecting it. Michael Johnson at least stayed at home and still dogged after the kicker.

Regardless, no one was catching Hunter Smith before he gained 1 yard so no matter what, the Redskins would have had 3 more downs to score...

I honestly dont see what your getting at Tree, Moss was going full tilt to block the kick and the Redskins sold it well. Moss didn even see the play until he turned around at the 12-14 second mark and even then the kicker gives him a little shove/block(clearly shown at the 40 second mark). It was a full out block and our entire ST unit was tricked by it because the Redskins actually sold the play well.

Even I have to admit your seeing things you want to see Tree.

I honestly dont see what your getting at Tree, Moss was going full tilt to block the kick and the Redskins sold it well. Moss didn even see the play until he turned around at the 12-14 second mark and even then the kicker gives him a little shove/block(clearly shown at the 40 second mark). It was a full out block and our entire ST unit was tricked by it because the Redskins actually sold the play well.

Thank God.

That is exactly what I saw: Moss completely fooled and not paying attention to the play. No argument there.

Pause it at 0.11. Moss is coming in free of any block and has a perfect view of the kicker with his leg extended, pretending to kick, and the holder up and starting to run. He's about 5 yards away from the kicker & holder. At this point a heads-up player could have made a difference. Moss could have caught him before he made it back to the line of scrimmage, had he been aware enough to see it happen.

I can't post a screenshot from work but I will when I get home.

:ranting2:

Ok I may have been a little too hard on Moss because Johnson needs an ass kicking. That was fucking terrible and he should have been able to catch him (hell Clark almost did and he's a LB).

I bet Tyree would have caught him.

Yes, I bet if Tyree was trying to block a kick, on a designed field goal block, subsequently ran passed the punter (who sells the fake well), had his back turned to the ball carrier allowing the ball carrier time to get momentum going in the opposite direction of where he was running, he would have still managed to tackle Hunter Smith for -39 yards.

Guys, did ANYBODY see my post from earlier today?????

Posted Today, 11:30 AM

From the transcript of Coughlan's press conference, which can be found on the Giants website:

A: As it turned out it was. But that is my call. That is my call. Put that one on me. It is not on the players.

Yes, I bet if Tyree was trying to block a kick, on a designed field goal block, subsequently ran passed the punter (who sells the fake well), had his back turned to the ball carrier allowing the ball carrier time to get momentum going in the opposite direction of where he was running, he would have still managed to tackle Hunter Smith for -39 yards.

Dude you keep exaggerating to try to make your point. Moss HADN'T run past the punter before the 'kick' or before the holder got up to run. He did NOT have his back to the play. He runs at the kicker AFTER the kick was already faked. Look at 0.11 on the video. And you can clearly see Moss wasn't going anything close to all out, the momentum shift and angle would have been doable. At the point they pulled the fake Moss had a great angle and distance to pursue Smith. He just completely missed the opportunity.

That is exactly what I saw: Moss completely fooled and not paying attention to the play. No argument there.

Pause it at 0.11. Moss is coming in free of any block and has a perfect view of the kicker with his leg extended, pretending to kick, and the holder up and starting to run. He's about 5 yards away from the kicker & holder. At this point a heads-up player could have made a difference. Moss could have caught him before he made it back to the line of scrimmage, had he been aware enough to see it happen.

I can't post a screenshot from work but I will when I get home.

the dog is pretty sure if you review the play again, you will also see evidence that Moss was the third shooter on the grassy knoll...the dog is pretty sure that it is not easy to be responsible for selling out to block a kick and simply shift gears to adjust to a fake that occurs in less than a half a second...but then again, the dog can't speak to this well as the dog has never been assigned to an NFL FG block team with this responsibility...obviously you have...

Guys, did ANYBODY see my post from earlier today?????

Posted Today, 11:30 AM

there are no bigger issues facing us- we are not the giants brain trust. as far as coughlin, he's doing what a good

coach does- putting all the blame on himself. his reaction in real time told a different story.

but i agree, who gives a shit. it's not like we need more evidence that moss sucks.

I watched it in HI DEF, slo mo, and in real speed. Bottom line, don't give a shit about the play call being an all out block.... Moss had a shot and he fucking didn't react. That's the bottom line. No more excuses. It's a fucking punter we're talking about, not fucking Usain Bolt. Sinorice Moss with all of his blazing speed couldn't make a play because he decided not to do anything "extra" that what was his assignment and react to what was happening. This is so stupid this is still going on.... I know what I saw, I watched it about 8 times, and it's plain as day and 100% clear Moss didn't catch him because he didn't try to catch him.

EDIT* You can see it in the Youtube clip at :11, :39, and :50 where Moss pulls up and does a little hop... That is not "full tilt". When he does that little hop, at that moment he should've turned and pursued Smith. The kicker wouldn't have blocked him, and yes, he would've caught Smith.