SportsWrath

Ross/Thomas: One to watch.

boohyah

Ross doesn't play tomorrow. Thomas playing well and showing promise. If Thomas plays well tomorrow, the Giants may keep him starting while Ross works his way back in..

Either way, this could be an interesting battle this season.

Thought?

My only thought is if a person keeps getting pulled himastrings then he should get the hint to stretch the damn thing.. he's a professional for god's sake.

My only thought is if a person keeps getting pulled himastrings then he should get the hint to stretch the damn thing.. he's a professional for god's sake.

I dunno Nas...some of us just have chronic tight hamstrings....I am 45 and my left hamstring has been tight since I can remember at age 15-16. No amount of stretching or treatments have worked for me. I am not a professional but I think its the same for a lot of guys. I think Thomas is a little shakier than Ross....I definitely want Ross as healthy as he can be as soon as possible.

Ross has the right speed and size for a CB and looks to be a future pro-bowler. I like Thomas a lot and I like the way he hits hard, but he's a tad slower than Ross (IMO). Thomas cannot afford to make a minor mental mistake or get tangled up in his moves as I don't think he has the speed to recover quickly enough to keep from getting burned. But if he doesn't make a mistake, he can keep up with the best of the WRs and he's a power hitter.

I like Thomas because he's smart. He should be able to minimize those mistakes with experience, right? With Ross, I always wondered about those hamstring problems with young guys, like maybe it's one exercise they're doing too often, or a vitamin def. or something. Who knows? With me, it was groin pulls.

Anyway, it's an interesting contest, and one we can't lose. It's like Mattingly and Winfield when they went head to head for the batting title.

I dunno Nas...some of us just have chronic tight hamstrings....I am 45 and my left hamstring has been tight since I can remember at age 15-16. No amount of stretching or treatments have worked for me. I am not a professional but I think its the same for a lot of guys. I think Thomas is a little shakier than Ross....I definitely want Ross as healthy as he can be as soon as possible.

TBC, how rare is it for an athlete to have chronic tight hamstring? Ross wasn't known for that in college... let's face it... I didn't start pullhing my hamstring till i REALLLY over did it playing an entire football game on all 3 sides (Def, Off, and ST).. after having partied all night and went to an after party.. Nothing against Ross but he's a pro.. meaning.. stretching and playing is all he has to worry about.

I'm sorry... But Thomas got his ass kicked today. I hope he plays a lot better next week.

not sure how thomas kicked his ass, and that you hope he plays alot better next week when ross didnt play at all.

You miss read it, P. :rolleyes:

And, Nem, mental errors! Hopefully he'll learn from them by the 2nd half of the season.

TBC, how rare is it for an athlete to have chronic tight hamstring? Ross wasn't known for that in college... let's face it... I didn't start pullhing my hamstring till i REALLLY over did it playing an entire football game on all 3 sides (Def, Off, and ST).. after having partied all night and went to an after party.. Nothing against Ross but he's a pro.. meaning.. stretching and playing is all he has to worry about.

Nas, for the last fucking time, stop trying to equate your experience in pick-up games with that of pro athletes. Thanks.