SportsWrath

Moss Tries to Work Through Frustration; Boley Comes Off Pup;3 Waived

Mr. P

Moss Tries to Work Through Frustration; Boley Comes Off Pup

WR Sinorice Moss generally rolls with the punches. And throughout his Giants career, he’s had a lot to roll through as it has been a rocky road for the former second round draft pick.

So on Saturday night, when the coaches opted to keep Moss on the sidelines in favor of their most current draft picks, first rounder Hakeem Nicks and WR Ramses Barden, moss let his frustration bubble over if just a little. He said after the game that he planned to ask the coaches why he wasn’t given a chance, a meeting he apparently had with his position coach, Mike Sullivan within the last 48 hours.

When asked today if he got the answers he was looking for, Moss said, “You could say so. Just trying to work guys in and get guys out there to see what they could do, and that’s what they did.”

However he didn’t sound too convinced as when asked if the coaches expressed confidence or knowledge in what he can do, Moss said, “I still don’t know.”

Moss said that there were numerous questions going through his mind on Saturday as he waited for his chance to get out there on the field. “Uncertainty, not knowing what’s going on. Different type of questions running through my head,” he admitted.

One thing though that he said didn’t enter his mind was whether he would be among the first roster moves made by the team BY September 1. “No I didn’t think about that at all. If that is the case, I have no say so in that.

“I’m just sitting there very, very anxious to get out there on the field and do my part to help the team, whether it’s blocking, catching a pass -- whatever it was, I was just anxious to get out there.”

And he remains anxious, despite what happened. Although he doesn’t know how much – or if he’ll play in the Giants’ preseason finale against New England on Thursday, Moss said it will be business as usual for him, regardless.

“This week is a new week, a new opportunity for me, a new opportunity for my teammates to go out there and make some plays at the receiver spot and do what we have to do.”

And he’s confident that he can still prove himself as a viable receiver. “When I did get out there o the field (against the Jets), I ran my routes. I was open. I blocked well, so I need to continue to keep doing that.”

But he’s not looking for anyone to sing his praises, even if he does well in a game or in practice. “I feel like there’s something I need to show every day. Even when I do show something, the next day I feel like I need to show more, no matter what it is. I’m not content to just go out there and practice. Anyone can go out there and practice. Anyone can catch a pass in practice. It’s about getting an opportunity to go out in a game and showing it.

* LB Michael Boley (hip) has been removed from the PUP list and will do some work today at practice. Boley said he won’t be able to play on Thursday in the preseason finale against New England, and he still must serve a one-week league imposed suspension, but he’s hopeful of returning to action by Week 2 of the regular season.

Boley, said that his rehab seemed to take forever, but that he’s finally at a point where he can start working his way back into the mix. “It was a slow process,” he said of is rehab. “I wasn’t able to do any running at all; I just had to sit around and let my scars heal up to where I could walk. Then it was trying to run, but only being able to do straight-line stuff to where you work through your progression to do football stuff agility wise.”

Now he’s feeling “pretty comfortable,” having worked through any discomfort and stiffness that was part of the initial rehab process. And he even was able to find a silver lining to having to stand around all summer and watch his teammates go through the reps without him.

“It was good experience to go through. It helps you focus your mind a lot more vs. when you’re out there you can physically get the reps. When you sit on the sidelines day in and day out, it helps work your mind a lot more.”

However, there’s no substitute for the reps, and Boley said he’s itching to get back out there and apply all the stuff he observed and learned in meeting to good use.

“It’s one thing to learn it on paper and when you’re looking, but once you actually go out there and go through it, there are some things you might not have seen well while you’re on the sidelines, so it will be a little bit of an adjustment when I get back.”

* QB Eli Manning on what he likes most about the no-huddle offense, which the Giants ran at the start of Saturday’s game against the Jets. “I think you get to set the pace for the game. You can quick snap it, go into a long cadence and get your team in and out of plays. It just changes the tempo and throws people on defense for a loop a bit, maybe simplifying what they do defensively a little bit. It’s a good thing to have in your arsenal.”

* WR David Tyree (hamstring) won’t practice today. Tyree, who said his hamstring still hurts him, is well aware that his tenure as a member of the Giants could be coming to an end, but he seems at peace with whatever fate has in store for him. He said the next phase of his life “excites” him.

* RB Danny Ware, who had some muscle soreness sin his chest area, won’t practice today either. Are told me that he’s feeling much better today than he did yesterday, when he couldn’t even shrug his shoulders. He wasn’t sure if he’d be ready for Thursday’s preseason finale, but was hopeful of being able to do some practice work tomorrow.

* The Giants have confirmed three of the five roster moves that they’ll need to make by 4PM ET tomorrow. The confirmed moves are as follows: CB Stoney Woodson, the Giants’ seventh round draft pick this year, was waived/injured. Woodson as dealing with an ankle injury. Waived were WR Taye Biddle and OL Terrance Pennington.

What wasn’t confirmed but what is probably a given since he’s walking around on crutches is that RB Andre Brown (Achilles) will be placed on IR. Brown, by the way, was in the locker room today on crutches. Great to see the rookie with a smile on his face – he certainly has a lot to look forward to next season when he’s fully healthy.

The Giants will still need to make one more move so I’ll keep an eye out on practice today to see if anyone is missing.

Speaking of practice, I’ll have another report later today with any highlight as well as anything new to report.

Source: Inside Football

do they ever keep 7 ?

probably keep 3 Qb's

There has been conjecture in media circles that they may keep 7 wide receivers but I think that is unlikely. My hope is that they keep Tyree and move Hagan to PS, but I think the list you gave is probably accurate.

There has been conjecture in media circles that they may keep 7 wide receivers but I think that is unlikely. My hope is that they keep Tyree and move Hagan to PS, but I think the list you gave is probably accurate.

i'm old school so i have a hard to time letting Tyree go!

If Moss was smart, he'd ask to be traded. I can't see this ending well and he could at least make someone's roster before the season starts. I mean, have we ever seen a guy been led by the nose over the years like this. It's nothing personal against the guy, he just needs a new direction. His Giant career has been an abject failure and an embarrassment.

He's already asked. Too bad you can't make a career out of being a fourth string backup WR.

If Moss was smart, he'd ask to be traded. I can't see this ending well and he could at least make someone's roster before the season starts. I mean, have we ever seen a guy been led by the nose over the years like this. It's nothing personal against the guy, he just needs a new direction. His Giant career has been an abject failure and an embarrassment.