SportsWrath

Strong rumor that Lavar is a Giant

BiG PiMPiN

Lavar a Giant finally?

I’ve been told by a source (a person who is friends with the Giants PR director, and doesn’t lie to me. EVER.) the Giants and LB Lavar Arrington have agreed to a deal. I obviously had my doubts since it’s constantly going back and forth. And because I’ve been misinformed previously regarding LA.

I took the time to confirm it with a few other sources. One who is a broadcaster, and two others who have asked me repeatedly not to name them or what they do.

All three of those sources also confirmed that Arrington has signed with the Giants. No contract details were given to me, other than that the contract brings Arrington in for six years. However, none were able to tell me when it would be announced, although it’s likely it will be (should be) tonight.

As I stated above, I still have my doubts. At this point, I will believe it 100% when I see it. But if this is the case, I’m as excited as the next guy.

Serious rumor link

Guest Lockhart

Hold on Sports fans - the first Arrington rumour has already hit the Kiddie.com board - get your popcorn and go watch them - like watching the three stooges. I got this from the Giant.com board on my first check in the morning - they are a bunch of dopes over there.

QUOTE(nygiants1975 @ Apr 4 2006, 08:33 AM)

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/giants/

HERE it is - Today's first Arrington unfounded Rumour clacks in at 8.33 AM - Now I get to laugh at all the Arringtonians getting excited for 2 to 3 hoursbefore they realize they ghave been used again - This is great!

Guest Carbo
Hold on Sports fans - the first Arrington rumour has already hit the Kiddie.com board - get your popcorn and go watch them - like watching the three stooges. I got this from the Giant.com board on my first check in the morning - they are a bunch of dopes over there.
There sure are. Although we have our share here, too. But in the interest of protecting the guilty, they shall remain nameless.

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

End of an Era?

Filed under: Giants 101— Dan Benton @ 7:42 am

RUMOR:

A short but powerful era.. A painful and exhausting era. The off-season that was (is) Lavar Arrington.

It has seemed relentless. Day after day after day.. Week after week. Would it ever end? Many said this was the most agonizing off-season they could remember, and I’d have to agree.

Nonetheless, this should all finally come to an end today. The final update I got last night (before I went to Watch the Yankees game) was that the deal was pending league approval. I personally have no idea how long that takes, what exactly is involved or what potential set-backs there could be. (With the Poston’s, there is a good chance something gets messed up.)

I’ve been asked a lot the last 24 hours how this information could have leaked without any news outlets reporting it. I admit, that’s a good question. I actually went and asked a few people who work in the media and they informed me that NORMALLY they will not report anything until the league (Be it NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, etc.) approve the deal. And that there is always room for something to fall apart. Basically, to save face they won’t report anything until it’s signed, sealed and delivered. Lucky for me, I don’t care. If I hear it, it shows up here on this blog.

Anyway, nack to the Arrington “signing”. I asked around to all my “sources” and unfortunately none could give me any note-worthy details about the terms of the contract. All I got was that it sounds like it’s for 6 years and for “less than expected”. (Two of them said that.)

I like hearing “less than expected”. Sure beats what the asking price was, and leads me to believe that we didn’t over-pay for Arrington. (If in fact this is all accurate.)

Hopefully someone in the media will report this at some point today, so all us Giants fans can finally allow that 300 lb. weight to fall from our shoulders.

Guest Lockhart
Tuesday, April 4, 2006

End of an Era?

RUMOR:

A short but powerful era.. A painful and exhausting era. The off-season that was (is) Lavar Arrington.

It has seemed relentless. Day after day after day.. Week after week. Would it ever end? Many said this was the most agonizing off-season they could remember, and I’d have to agree.

Nonetheless, this should all finally come to an end today. The final update I got last night (before I went to Watch the Yankees game) was that the deal was pending league approval. I personally have no idea how long that takes, what exactly is involved or what potential set-backs there could be. (With the Poston’s, there is a good chance something gets messed up.)

I’ve been asked a lot the last 24 hours how this information could have leaked without any news outlets reporting it. I admit, that’s a good question. I actually went and asked a few people who work in the media and they informed me that NORMALLY they will not report anything until the league (Be it NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, etc.) approve the deal. And that there is always room for something to fall apart. Basically, to save face they won’t report anything until it’s signed, sealed and delivered. Lucky for me, I don’t care. If I hear it, it shows up here on this blog.

Anyway, nack to the Arrington “signing”. I asked around to all my “sources” and unfortunately none could give me any note-worthy details about the terms of the contract. All I got was that it sounds like it’s for 6 years and for “less than expected”. (Two of them said that.)

I like hearing “less than expected”. Sure beats what the asking price was, and leads me to believe that we didn’t over-pay for Arrington. (If in fact this is all accurate.)

Hopefully someone in the media will report this at some point today, so all us Giants fans can finally allow that 300 lb. weight to fall from our shoulders.

HAHAHAHAHA-and some fools believe this Garbage - I love this Giant101 guy - he gets the boards rockingwith his unfounded rumours!

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Floyd The Barber

oh heres a picture of the reporter who put together this article...it must be true

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Guest Lockhart
oh heres a picture of the reporter who put together this article...it must be true

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Yes, I believe that fellow works for Giant101.com, and he does a little side consulting work with BBI - he's a man of his word!

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

End of an Era?

RUMOR:

Yup Looks like its all coming to an end :rock:

Guest Lockhart
Yup Looks like its all coming to an end :rock:

Sure is - Giant101 is ALWAYS right on the button! Here's his crack staff of field reporters:

vcvg20.jpg

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

End of an Era?

RUMOR:

Im so happy that this is ending

p1_redskins.jpg

Guest Lockhart

Here we see Assistant GM Never Chamberlain announcing the Lavar signing and waving the contract to the Giant faithful!

ca01940a-ChamberlainArthurNeville-18690318b-19401109d-02.jpg

Guest Lockhart
Look at been with his head down crying like the little girl he is

He's looking at his Super Bowl ring that he won as the youngest starting QB in NFL history - Lavar is the umemployed gimpy kneed headcase, while Big Ben is a NFL Super Star! Nice try little fella- don't worry, there's another Arrington rumour due out about 3 PM today!

Guest Carbo
Look Ben's right arm...he is even wiping the tiers from his eyes what a little cry baby girl
No. He's spit polishing his Super Bowl ring.

Guest Nutty Sack
Look Ben's right arm...he is even wiping the tiers from his eyes what a little cry baby girl

Yeah look at that right arm. It has more muscle on it than Eli has in his hole body !! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha......you guys kill me..no you really do..........ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha !!