SportsWrath

Strong rumor that Lavar is a Giant

BiG PiMPiN

Guest Carbo
. . .I think it best you simply read and not post to avoid embarrassing yourself again.
Don't assume he knows how to.

No, No the Tick ....Tock is for Dan Benton's rumour that only the Arringtonians like yourself are silly enough to believe. As usual you are lost in the conversation. I think it best you simply read and not post to avoid embarrassing yourself again.

If you think it's best to do something I'll have to really think about it. You are not a good role model.

Guest Lockhart
Don't assume he knows how to.

Good point and when some Good Samaritan reads my post to him, he will be quite offended. No wonder he has difficulty on the internet.

Good point and when some Good Samaritan reads my post to him, he will be quite offended. No wonder he has difficulty on the internet.

Don't assume I care if Arrington signs or not. Just know that I think you and Carbo are laughing stocks not fit to shine my shoes.

Guest Carbo
Don't assume I care if Arrington signs or not. Just know that I think you and Carbo are laughing stocks not fit to shine my shoes.
Right. . .you have shoes.

Guest Lockhart

Hopefully, for you, those shoes don't have laces that would need to be tied.

Not that I'm claiming it's true as I just did an internet search that netted no new information, but a buddy of mine just called me and told me he heard on ESPN radio that the Giants had reached a 6 year deal with Arrington.

Two things ... first, he's not a Giants fan so he has no agenda or reason to lie. Second, for all I know ESPN radio was reporting that which we already know .... that "according to internet sources the Giants and Arrington are close to a 6 year deal".

So basically .... there's nothing new to report.

We need a DT ! :brooding:

arrington is a big risk.

His health is suspect with all the injuries he had and they are numerous

and his locker pressence may not be great. For the money (and this could be

expensive $$) that we are gonna lay out I am not sold on this if it happens.

The only thing that is interesting is the Pierce really wants him.

But I really think it would be a mistake.

The risk maybe too high for this type of purchase.

:TD:

Even if we were to sign Arrington, I still think we could affor a guy like Brenston Buckner.

Granted, this is by no means me making an argument for Lavar but I'm not convinced that signing him takes us out of the DT market. Hell, there's only 2 guys worth signing left anyway.

arrington is a big risk.

I agree we need a DT big time, and LA is a big risk at probly a steep price. I wasn't a big supporter when the rumors started coming, but the potential this guy has is just too hard to deny, maybe a change of venue would do wonders for him, maybe playing beside his friend will help, also, it's possible that playing LB for the Giants, a position deep in history, could help him become ultra serious about playing. Many things could make him become what his skills said he could be.

arrington is a big risk.

Agreed. I'd rather have a vet DT and a rookie LB than the reverse.

Guest Nutty Sack

I'm waiting to hear about the Lavaar signing before I eat dinner. Hey this could be a good way to lose exces weight !!

Guest Lockhart
I'm waiting to hear about the Lavaar signing before I eat dinner. Hey this could be a good way to lose exces weight !!

here it is - the newest rumour from the same guy who has be wrong for weeks now, yet those morons on kiddie.com believe him again - what a bunch of dopes. If you have followed this clown, he keeps making excuses (weak ones too) why this deal hasn't happen - he's really pitiful, but no more than those that believe him.

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Poston’s cause a slow down.

Filed under: Giants 101— Dan Benton @ 6:00 pm

RUMORS:

I’m still hearing/being told the same things I was yesterday about Lavar Arrington signing. Not a single person I’ve spoken with has swayed, and if anything only seems more positive that Arrington will sign with the Giants.

There has been a slightly hold-up however. With the Poston’s serving as Lavar’s agents this doesn’t surprise me at all. I was informed it had to do with the signing bonus which is going to be two tiered. The total signing bonus is going to be somewhere between $10 to $11 million, and to save as much space as possible the contract may be heavily back-loaded.

(The “error” in the signing bonus was noticed by the league, who asked the two sides to fix the issue.)

Nonetheless, I have been assured Arrington will be wearing Giants blue next year and this hick-up is nothing to worry about. That it will slow it down slightly, but not enough to further this head-ache much longer.

Some other “rumors” were passed along to be about the DT situation. Apparently Brentson Buckner is going to be the man when a DT is finally signed. Grady Jackson was just asking to much.

I was also informed although the winds have slowed, the Giants may still be interested in a trade with the Packers for WR Javon Walker. The likelihood of that trade is slim, but the talk has been enough to cause the Giants to refrain from signing WR Ricky Proehl.

Everyday he has some other imaginary excuse why Lavar hasn't signed. I like the little note saying the league asked them to "fix the error" -Balderdash. Still these Arringtonians will eat this up and get fooled again.

Although these multiple rumors coming out of this guy are insane, he does have pretty realistic stuff in there and I can't say he's a liar, but can say he was always just a bit premature with his announcement of Lavar signings. At least he warned us that they were internet rumors first.

Even if we were to sign Arrington, I still think we could affor a guy like Brenston Buckner.

Granted, this is by no means me making an argument for Lavar but I'm not convinced that signing him takes us out of the DT market. Hell, there's only 2 guys worth signing left anyway.

As long as we get the vet DT we then have what we most urgently need on the

line of scrimage. Sure we could use a OLB but with the draft pretty deep in LB's

i feel confident the Giants will sign 2 LB's. If we get lavar and brenston than

i guess that would be ok as long as we dont have to mortgage the house for

arrington. I really wonder about the value of his purchase.

The saga continues ! :rolleyes:

I agree we need a DT big time, and LA is a big risk at probly a steep price. I wasn't a big supporter when the rumors started coming, but the potential this guy has is just too hard to deny, maybe a change of venue would do wonders for him, maybe playing beside his friend will help, also, it's possible that playing LB for the Giants, a position deep in history, could help him become ultra serious about playing. Many things could make him become what his skills said he could be.

And it could happen the way you say. He might thrive playing with pierce and be very

happy or the giants will pay through the nose on a player that they never should

have signed. Pretty much a roll of the dice.

I just wish we got the DT signing out of the way ! :drool:

And it could happen the way you say. He might thrive playing with pierce and be very

happy or the giants will pay through the nose on a player that they never should

have signed. Pretty much a roll of the dice.

I just wish we got the DT signing out of the way ! :drool:

We know. Chill out. <_<

I don't think our DT situation is that dire...we only lost Clancy who was a back up with the steelers prior to 2005 and is very replaceable even if we sign Arrington. We should be able to afford solid vet like Buckner.

here it is - the newest rumour from the same guy who has be wrong for weeks now, yet those morons on kiddie.com believe him again - what a bunch of dopes. If you have followed this clown, he keeps making excuses (weak ones too) why this deal hasn't happen - he's really pitiful, but no more than those that believe him.

Everyday he has some other imaginary excuse why Lavar hasn't signed. I like the little note saying the league asked them to "fix the error" -Balderdash. Still these Arringtonians will eat this up and get fooled again.

wow, did this guys just finish playing Madden...?

Football

Arrington Continues To Talk With GiantsWednesday, April 5, 2006; Page E02

Former Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington continued to negotiate with the New York Giants yesterday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Arrington, who negotiated his release from the club before the start of free agency last month, has stated his desire to remain in the NFC East, and he is the highest-profile free agent remaining on the market. Jacksonville, Miami and Cincinnati have made efforts to sign him as well.

-- Jason La Canfora

Guest Lockhart
Football

Arrington Continues To Talk With GiantsWednesday, April 5, 2006; Page E02

Former Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington continued to negotiate with the New York Giants yesterday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Arrington, who negotiated his release from the club before the start of free agency last month, has stated his desire to remain in the NFC East, and he is the highest-profile free agent remaining on the market. Jacksonville, Miami and Cincinnati have made efforts to sign him as well.

-- Jason La Canfora

I'm sure his agent calls it "negotiating" as he is with all the other teams. Gee- I thought he had already agreed. This Post report destroys all those rumours - Still unemployed anbd still begging teams. Another day of silly Lavar Rumours!