SportsWrath

A question for us giants fan

so-cal dub

I just have to know, was Big Blue Wrecking Crew ever a name given to a specific Giants defense???

Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn it was just a nickname for the team no matter what year. I'm right, right?

LMAO 1 HEART.........

I just have to know, was Big Blue Wrecking Crew ever a name given to a specific Giants defense???

Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn it was just a nickname for the team no matter what year. I'm right, right?

If memory serves me correctly, the moniker was originally applied to the defense on the team that won the '86 SuperBowl led by LT with Carson, Banks, Pepper Johnson, Leonard Marshall, Jim Burt, etc.

After that, the name became popular referring to the Giants, particularly among us Giants fans. Like the Steel Curtain, I would say most non-Steelers fans recognize that as the name for the defense of the Steelers of the SuperBowl teams of the 70's, but I bet many Steelers fans still refer to their team that way today.

Isn't it a reference to a particular poster featuring the 80's LB corps on a bulldozer?

thats what im fuckin looking for

ive seen it before

who are these dudes your talkin about socal?

Isn't it a reference to a particular poster featuring the 80's LB corps on a bulldozer?

Exactly Tree....it was a reference to Carson, Taylor, van Pelt and Brian Kelley the line backing corp specifically. It was later applied to the entire defense and they were also known as Linebacker U during the mid 80's. The Crunch Bunch was the name of the poster...but Big Blue Wrecking Crew was also used first for the LB's then the rest of the team.

I've just always called then from time to time the big blue wrecking crew, and of course I always refer to them as Big Blue.

BTW, this is the video in which I pose the question. This guy is a moron....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like he was right after all :ph34r:

Exactly Tree....it was a reference to Carson, Taylor, van Pelt and Brian Kelley the line backing corp specifically. It was later applied to the entire defense and they were also known as Linebacker U during the mid 80's. The Crunch Bunch was the name of the poster...but Big Blue Wrecking Crew was also used first for the LB's then the rest of the team.

when were they ever referred to as this? the dog doesn't think this makes any sense...

Ha meetdamets on the scene. whatup kid?

WHats up bro lol ya man im lurkin behind the scenes poppin my head out every now and then LMAO.......i didnt get to see This GUY OSI's vid what did the clown say......

WHats up bro lol ya man im lurkin behind the scenes poppin my head out every now and then LMAO.......i didnt get to see This GUY OSI's vid what did the clown say......

It wasnt a video, not that Im aware of. But this Osi tool started threatining a memeber here.