SportsWrath

CC...

so-cal dub

There is no reason to panic based on the first game.

CC looked bad no doubt. From what I heard on the radio (good god Suzy Waldman is HORRIBLE "OH MY GOD HOW COULD THEY BOO HIM WHEN HIS FATHER IS IN THE STANDS?!?!?!?") the weather was caushing some trouble, mud in the cleats. And then I got home and was watching TV and they were showing and talking about a heat pack and his ribs....

Im not the least bit concerned...guy started last season off with a 35.00 ERA getting shelled in his first 3 starts...then look what he did the rest of the way. Brandon Webb was tattood in his home ball park yesterday as well. Its the first game of a very long season. CC will have other bad starts this year, but expect them to be few and far between. The guy is a beast.

It wasnt only CC, the whole team stunk...they must have left 20 guys on base..they had men on base every inning and could have and shouldhave scored more that 5 runs.

Again, Imnot concerned..the yankees and CC are going to be fine...better than fine

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6603/g...FCLcF?year=2008

check out his first four starts last seasonj. 27 earned runs in his first 18 innings. but 49 ER in his next 235 IP

those stats are terrific.

The one that sticks out to me is the 235 IP combined with the IP in 2007 compared to career wise IP. If I were Eiland and Girardi thats what I would keep an eye on, especially with a good bullpen.

Great start by CC combined with some excellent bats. If they can keep this offensive production up with the quality starting pitching they have the Yanks are easily the team to beat even in what is shaping up to be the best AL East lineup that...well historically we can see.

Great start by CC combined with some excellent bats. If they can keep this offensive production up with the quality starting pitching they have the Yanks are easily the team to beat even in what is shaping up to be the best AL East lineup that...well historically we can see.

This is what we need from him. Hell, I'd settle for 75% of the way he pitched today... simply awesome.

It's going to be a great year fellas.

the Al east is a beast...the orioles, as Ive said before, have a GREAT line up and it miht get better if jones continues to progress as he has..not to mention weiters is an evan longoria type of talent and shoudl contribute imediately. If the O's were to trade for another pitcher, they could seriously contend. And the Blue Jays are no patsy either.

Series like this against a TERRIBLE team like the Royals are must sweeps. I have no idea why Girardi is putting out a line up with 4 automatic outs in it today....against a very good pitcher in Meche. Gardner, Cabrera, Ransom and Molina should never be in the line up together...this is what will lose pennants.

Series like this against a TERRIBLE team like the Royals are must sweeps. I have no idea why Girardi is putting out a line up with 4 automatic outs in it today....against a very good pitcher in Meche. Gardner, Cabrera, Ransom and Molina should never be in the line up together...this is what will lose pennants.

Defense! I love it! It's about time Melky gets a chance. He had a great spring. And Ransom and Gardner are due.

Don't forget about Swisher. This guy is a beast. Great signing. :clap:

the Al east is a beast...the orioles, as Ive said before, have a GREAT line up and it miht get better if jones continues to progress as he has..not to mention weiters is an evan longoria type of talent and shoudl contribute imediately. If the O's were to trade for another pitcher, they could seriously contend. And the Blue Jays are no patsy either.

their lineup spots 1-4 are ridiculous right now and huff hasn't even gotten going yet.

i hate to agree with the media when they are trying to look slick and say stupid shit like the royals are the rays of 2009, but they do finally have enough talent to surprise some people and that division is freaking awful