SportsWrath

Make the case: Superbowl 25: Otis Anderson MVP

boohyah

It's a little boring here in the offseason, so I'm going to put some of these together next couple of days.

We all know Otis Anderson won MVP in Superbowl 25, but a lot of people think Thomas should have won it. What do you think?

for me .....the MVP should always go to a player from the winning team ...unless there is a truly exceptional performance from a member of the losing side. Secondly Otis got a TD and over 100 yards from 20 carries .....and crucially allowed the Giants to dominate the time of possession ( over 40 mins if i recall ). If we had allowed Buffalo more time they would have been victorious.

Thurman Thomas?? C'mon now, he was the LUHOOSUHER!!!(Thats my Ace Ventura way of saying LOSER :P )

But seriously, Thomas was almost unstoppable, but Otis was controlling, dominate by avg 5.0 YPC and on the winning side. OTIS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

NEXT!

The MVP should come from the winning team, unless, like UK said earlier, there was a truly exceptional performance from someone on the losing team. Thomas had a helluva game, but so did Anderson. The only time I can say that I think someone on the losing team deserved the MVP was this past Super Bowl with Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't even think an above and beyond performance by a member of the losing team should warrant the losing side having the mvp. I mean, most people say a member of the Giants line should have won it last year, but Welker was the best player on the field.

Winning side should always have the mvp.

Otis Anderson is and always will be one of my favorite Giants ever. I have this throwback jersey(along with the one I had back in 1989 and 90) and I was excited as a young kid when the Giants got him and as sad as I was in 1989 when Joe Morris went down in 1989 to a season ending injury in training camp, I was equally as excited that OJ was gonna now carry the load. With that said, I think my bias arguement can win you over.

Anyone that remembers that game and the hype leading up to it remembers that K gun offense of the Bills and their ability to score and score often as they put a 51 spot on the Raiders in the title game the week before. For the Giants to win they had to hit them in the mouth and be the physical team(which they did early if anyone remembers the reed drop on the first drive) and control the clock(which as we know the Giants did). Not only did Anderson help control the clock with his runs, her set the tone physically as the game wore on by actually beating on the defenders, the famous stiff arm we all now place in Giants lore. If you also remember there were a couple times on that game defining 9 minute drive to open the second half where he not only converted short yardage third downs, he threw some excellent blocks in the pass protection to allow Hoss some time to complete some very key throws for 1st downs.

Otis was the MVP that night along with Ron Earhardt who drew up IMO one of the greatest offensive gameplans in Giants history in what was effectively an offense designed to frustrate the Bills offense and keep them off the field and Otis was the key to the whole thing. MVP!

Otis Anderson is and always will be one of my favorite Giants ever. I have this throwback jersey(along with the one I had back in 1989 and 90) and I was excited as a young kid when the Giants got him and as sad as I was in 1989 when Joe Morris went down in 1989 to a season ending injury in training camp, I was equally as excited that OJ was gonna now carry the load. With that said, I think my bias arguement can win you over.

Anyone that remembers that game and the hype leading up to it remembers that K gun offense of the Bills and their ability to score and score often as they put a 51 spot on the Raiders in the title game the week before. For the Giants to win they had to hit them in the mouth and be the physical team(which they did early if anyone remembers the reed drop on the first drive) and control the clock(which as we know the Giants did). Not only did Anderson help control the clock with his runs, her set the tone physically as the game wore on by actually beating on the defenders, the famous stiff arm we all now place in Giants lore. If you also remember there were a couple times on that game defining 9 minute drive to open the second half where he not only converted short yardage third downs, he threw some excellent blocks in the pass protection to allow Hoss some time to complete some very key throws for 1st downs.

Otis was the MVP that night along with Ron Earhardt who drew up IMO one of the greatest offensive gameplans in Giants history in what was effectively an offense designed to frustrate the Bills offense and keep them off the field and Otis was the key to the whole thing. MVP!

It's nice to see someone made an effort, apart from the "nuff said" comments I got. When Thurman Thomas went to the hall of fame, it was mentioned several times how he deserved to be mvp. Truth is Thomas was outstanding (the only superbowl where he was mind you), but Anderson was the key to maintaining the ball control offense that you just said. I didn't need to be convinced he was MVP, it was just something that comes up from time to time.

With that, we'll move on.