SportsWrath

IF plax comes back

Mr. P

if plax gets no jail time and comes back do you think we still draft a WR on day 1?

and

if hes back what do you see our WR lineup being?

i personally think if hes back and we dont get draft a WR it being

1-plax

2-smith

3-hixon

4-mario

5-moss

if we draft someone im not too sure where they would go in that lineup, who theyd push back

if plax gets no jail time and comes back do you think we still draft a WR on day 1?

and

if hes back what do you see our WR lineup being?

i personally think if hes back and we dont get draft a WR it being

1-plax

2-smith

3-hixon

4-mario

5-moss

if we draft someone im not too sure where they would go in that lineup, who theyd push back

If he's back, maybe a second round rather than first, but I still see a wr in there somewhere. we need to start looking for the next number one anyway, because Plax is over 30, and we're in a position where we don't have a lot of things that need fixing. thanks to fa.

1 plax

2 hixon

3 smith

4 hopefully mario

5 hopefully a draftee or tyree

I think Hixon will make a fine #2. He got thrust into the #1 position last year with very little experience under his belt and still dis alright.

People can't seem to get past his one high-profile drop, just like with Shockey.

I think Hixon will make a fine #2. He got thrust into the #1 position last year with very little experience under his belt and still dis alright.

People can't seem to get past his one high-profile drop, just like with Shockey.

Shockey sucked!. :P

Any interview Reese has conducted recently, he has said he wants Plaxico back as long as he falls in line. And it's not lip service, once they get all the crap out of the way, they want him back.

I'd say that Resse might just be posturing for a number of reasons not the least of which is the draft. As for who will start in our lineup, I'm going to guess that it is largely up to performance in camp, but we do not possess a #1 and that's that....at least not at the moment.

if someone even postulated about TO, I'd like them banned immediately.

It all depends on who they are targeting. Giants are still going for a WR, draft or otherwise. Hixon is not a number 2.

Hixon will be fine at 2. All he needs is a threat like Plax on the opposite side.

Look for Britt or Nicks in Giant blue. Whoever it is, they will have a prominent role in the offense, and there may not be a #1 next year. But say they draft Britt... they will groom him to be a #1.

My thoughts exactly.

Plax will be suspended by the league either way and there is no #1 on the roster that can replace him, therefore there is no question that the Giants not only will draft a WR in round 1, but they will probably trade up to get Nicks specifically.

He is the one player that could help the Giants the most from day one, except for Maclin, but he would require too much in the trade up and signing $ as well.

My thoughts exactly.

Plax will be suspended by the league either way and there is no #1 on the roster that can replace him, therefore there is no question that the Giants not only will draft a WR in round 1, but they will probably trade up to get Nicks specifically.

He is the one player that could help the Giants the most from day one, except for Maclin, but he would require too much in the trade up and signing $ as well.

I kinda prefer Britt a little over Nicks, but I think both would be terrific.

im of the opinion that if plax comes back theres no need for a WR early

even if he gets a 4 game suspension(even though goodell said hes looking primarily to suspend repeat offenders and that plax isnt one) we could play 4 games with hixon,smith,manningham,moss,tyree

It is possible, but who is going to step up.

No one did last year, Manningham is essentially a rookie, Hixon is no a #!, Smith is a possession guy, and Moss is an enigma.

Tyree=special teams.

Plus the Giants need a red zone threat as well.

im of the opinion that if plax comes back theres no need for a WR early

even if he gets a 4 game suspension(even though goodell said hes looking primarily to suspend repeat offenders and that plax isnt one) we could play 4 games with hixon,smith,manningham,moss,tyree

It is possible, but who is going to step up.

No one did last year, Manningham is essentially a rookie, Hixon is no a #!, Smith is a possession guy, and Moss is an enigma.

Tyree=special teams.

Plus the Giants need a red zone threat as well.

well if we draft high level receiver its gonna push guys down the depth chart and essentially never give them a chance to step up.

if plax comes back he is a great redzone threat

Plax is going on 32 this year and that means it is time for the Giants to start grooming a replacement this year and it also insures and insurance policy if Plax continues his self destructive behavior.

well if we draft high level receiver its gonna push guys down the depth chart and essentially never give them a chance to step up.

if plax comes back he is a great redzone threat

No question!

He is a number 1.

if plax is back where do you see nicks on the depth?

no.2 with smith in the slot and hixon back to 4 and returning kicks(itd be great to see hixon returning again)

Exactly, when Plax gets back Nicks becomes the number two.

Smith the slot and Manningham and Hixon can rotate at the 4.

Plax has 2 more years max in my book before the Giants will release him due to age and performance.

if plax is back where do you see nicks on the depth?

no.2 with smith in the slot and hixon back to 4 and returning kicks(itd be great to see hixon returning again)

To be a number two you have to make the receptions and handle the competition. Hixon doesn't have it. He is a number 3 that excels against inferior dime backs. It was not one drop, it was a series of them and the inability to shake the better corners in the league. Hell, they ran the routes better than he did.

To be a number two you have to make the receptions and handle the competition. Hixon doesn't have it. He is a number 3 that excels against inferior dime backs. It was not one drop, it was a series of them and the inability to shake the better corners in the league. Hell, they ran the routes better than he did.

Hixon is a very raw talent...it's confusing because sometimes he makes awesome catches and other times he's wide open down the field and eli hits him and he drops it...