SportsWrath

Was Plax the best Giants FA signing ever

BurnThePhilFans

I would say Plaxico is the best signing. He won us that NFC Champ game and has been a great threat for us. At a good price too 5 years 27 million.

Fred Robbins was a very good one along with Pierce and McKenzie.

Sam Madison was real good for our team ata good price.

Shaun Ohara was a nice signing

I would say Plaxico is the best signing. He won us that NFC Champ game and has been a great threat for us. At a good price too 5 years 27 million.

Fred Robbins was a very good one along with Pierce and McKenzie.

Sam Madison was real good for our team ata good price.

Shaun Ohara was a nice signing

Oh shit, O'Hara, how could I forget how important that guy has been. But, although I appreciate what Plax did last season, and it was VERY importanat, he didn't win it for us last yr. It was a team effort, fueled mostly by the Defense.

Oh shit, O'Hara, how could I forget how important that guy has been. But, although I appreciate what Plax did last season, and it was VERY importanat, he didn't win it for us last yr. It was a team effort, fueled mostly by the Defense.

Yeah but Plax clearly was the offensive MVP... he may have single handedly won the Jets and one of the Washington games for us.

Carried the team on his back in 2007.

Week 2: 2 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD

Week 4: 4 catches, 24 yards, 1 TD

Week 7: 5 catches, 43 yards, 0 TD

Week 8: 2 catches, 14 yards

Week 10: 4 catches, 24 yards

Week 11: 4 catches, 47 yards

Week 13: 3 catches, 36 yards

Week 15: 3 catches, 35 yards

Week 16: 1 catch, 6 yards

Over half the seasons games.

Production?

28 catches, 261 yards, 2 TDs.

You have one wacked out idea on a player carrying a team on his back.

Week 2: 2 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD

Week 4: 4 catches, 24 yards, 1 TD

Week 7: 5 catches, 43 yards, 0 TD

Week 8: 2 catches, 14 yards

Week 10: 4 catches, 24 yards

Week 11: 4 catches, 47 yards

Week 13: 3 catches, 36 yards

Week 15: 3 catches, 35 yards

Week 16: 1 catch, 6 yards

Over half the seasons games.

Production?

28 catches, 261 yards, 2 TDs.

You have one wacked out idea on a player carrying a team on his back.

Did you forget about the 8 touchdowns he had in the first 5 or 6 games? The playoff game in Lambeau? His 3 touchdowns against New England the last game of the regular season, his game winning streak down the sidelines vs. the Jets, his go ahead score against Washington? I think we would of had at least 2 or 3 more losses without him in 2007. Who would you say was more important than him to the offense last season?

Did you forget about the 8 touchdowns he had in the first 5 or 6 games? The playoff game in Lambeau? His 3 touchdowns against New England the last game of the regular season, his game winning streak down the sidelines vs. the Jets, his go ahead score against Washington? I think we would of had at least 2 or 3 more losses without him in 2007. Who would you say was more important than him to the offense last season?

Dude you said he carried the team. Someone carrying a team doesn't put up such shitty numbers in over HALF the games.

Your assertion is laughable at best.

Dude you said he carried the team. Someone carrying a team doesn't put up such shitty numbers in over HALF the games.

Your assertion is laughable at best.

Well during his stretch of being injured, sure he wasn't as productive... but I think his other half of the season more than made up for that and was still enough to say he was the driving force behind our offensive success. I don't know, maybe you just don't like the guy because he clearly hurt the team this year. But I don't think you cany deny what he was in 07. He was putting up numbers on pace with Randy Moss before he got hurt. (First Half of the Season)

I agree with Lubeck (no offense) cause again, although those 8TD's and the game winner were great, that's not more than half the season.

I agree with Lubeck (no offense) cause again, although those 8TD's and the game winner were great, that's not more than half the season.

Ok ill accept that... Anyways... any thoughts about what we're gonna do to fill his spot? Anyone who thinks we can win big with the wr's we have ow (minus Plax) is crazy

Well during his stretch of being injured, sure he wasn't as productive... but I think his other half of the season more than made up for that and was still enough to say he was the driving force behind our offensive success. I don't know, maybe you just don't like the guy because he clearly hurt the team this year. But I don't think you cany deny what he was in 07. He was putting up numbers on pace with Randy Moss before he got hurt. (First Half of the Season)

Thanks for proving my point. Kind of hard for a guy to carry a team if he is injured.

I certainly have something against Plax for what he did this season, but that isn't what makes me think your assertion that Plax carried the team is a ridiculous statement. The facts speak for themselves. Someone who carries a team is someone who puts up steady production and is a key part of why the team wins. That is hardly what Plax was in 07. He had some good games but he WAS limited by injury almost all season long.

If he had been healthy maybe, MAYBE he would put up Moss like numbers. But he wasn't healthy and he didn't put up Moss like numbers so to say he was what carried the team is ridiculous and no matter how you want to spin it my dislike of the guy for what he did THIS season doesn't change those facts.

I think a strong case can be made for O'Hara.

He is the leader of the Oline. The same Oline that many call best in the league. He is the one who makes the protection scheme calls at the line. He identifies the defense that will be impacting the line. And as a fan you have to appreciate the loyalty he showed the Giants by coming back on a contract that was below what he could have gotten elsewhere.

you guys obviously forgot about kenny holmes and brian mitchell

Holmes actually had a good season for us in 2002. Brian Mitchell... slowest returner I have ever seen until I saw Davenport returning kicks for awhile for Pittsburg this season.... Those were rough days when we seemed to take all the eagles scraps and those players were all washed up