SportsWrath

and the media rumors start

Mr. P

Will Anquan Boldin's anger eventually lead him away from the Cardinals and possibly to the Giants? Too soon to tell, but it's clear from the star receiver's temperament in yesterday's 32-25 victory over the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game that all is not sunshine and roses for him in Arizona, and that a trade could be his way out. On the Cardinals' game-winning drive, Boldin and offensive coordinator Todd Haley engaged in a heated shouting match on the sideline. Boldin was steamed he was off the field, and Haley was trying to explain the personnel group he called for had Steve Breaston in the game in place of Boldin. But Boldin did not accept that reasoning. He left University of Phoenix Stadium without speaking to reporters. Boldin has played angry all season after he was denied a new contract. The Giants, with Plaxico Burress' situation in limbo, certainly will be watching his situation carefully.

New York Post

I would give up a first and second for this guy - He is an absolute monster. Even that might not get that deal done though considering the Eagles could use him and have 2 first round picks working in their favor and also the Redskins offered 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson before this year. So if it comes down to a draft pick bidding war I don't feel confident we would win out. But - this guy could change our offense. I think he's better than Plax.

We're one well-timed tantrum away from getting him at a reasonable price. Pout on Anquan, pout on.

Plenty of fuck you you motherfucking motherfucker should do quite nicely. :) Enough disgruntlement and they will be lowering the asking price just to be rid of the headache.

Plenty of fuck you you motherfucking motherfucker should do quite nicely. :) Enough disgruntlement and they will be lowering the asking price just to be rid of the headache.

...and then he becomes...our headache :o . I'd be a little worried about going after this guy after seeing his behavior during the game yesterday. No matter what's going on, you keep it bottled up for the good of the team during a game. I know there are people who will say Boldin just has a problem with Whisenhunt, and that once he gets out of AZ he'll be fine, but guys like this always find a problem with someone wherever they go.

while i do think boldin is better than burress i juts think burress and his height is a better fit for this offense plus we'd have to give up no picks and he's already got a contract that will prob be cheaper than whatever we'd have to give boldin. i wouldn't complain about either one though

This is not to say that Boldin is not a malcontent, but let's face facts here, you might be pissed also if your wide receiver partner who was drafted after you, just got signed to a humongous contract at the beginning of the season, virtually leaving you knowing you are playing this season as your last, forgetting the fact that before this season you were probably the most valauble member of the offense. You might be pissed off that you almost had your face caved in this season and came back determined as ever. You might be pissed off that you missed last weeks game and you're desperate to play in this game, and that you are being pulled off the field at a critical because of personnel reasons. Again, not saying that he's not a Burress type, he may well be. But the signs so far show that he's not and that maybe in the era of the pre madonna wide receiver, he's really not that bad at all.

I mean Amani Toomer is revered as a Giant, and he was never pissed off at not getting the ba..... oh wait, yes he was.

This is not to say that Boldin is not a malcontent, but let's face facts here, you might be pissed also if your wide receiver partner who was drafted after you, just got signed to a humongous contract at the beginning of the season, virtually leaving you knowing you are playing this season as your last, forgetting the fact that before this season you were probably the most valauble member of the offense. You might be pissed off that you almost had your face caved in this season and came back determined as ever. You might be pissed off that you missed last weeks game and you're desperate to play in this game, and that you are being pulled off the field at a critical because of personnel reasons. Again, not saying that he's not a Burress type, he may well be. But the signs so far show that he's not and that maybe in the era of the pre madonna wide receiver, he's really not that bad at all.

I mean Amani Toomer is revered as a Giant, and he was never pissed off at not getting the ba..... oh wait, yes he was.

totally agree, he came back from a vicious hit and has always played hard never a bad guy, but if its the fact that Fitz got paid and he did not he needs a little wake up, Fitzgerald is better than him, much better, so much so I think Fitzgerald is the best WR in the game. Boldin is in the top 10 but in reality the deal the Cards made with Larry is a steal compared to how good he is.

totally agree, he came back from a vicious hit and has always played hard never a bad guy, but if its the fact that Fitz got paid and he did not he needs a little wake up, Fitzgerald is better than him, much better, so much so I think Fitzgerald is the best WR in the game. Boldin is in the top 10 but in reality the deal the Cards made with Larry is a steal compared to how good he is.

X, you're right, Larry is better, but it's just got to be a blow to the guy's ego, especially now, and Breaston looks like a ready made replacement for him after he's gone. Didn't Boldin get voted to the pro bowl also as a starter?

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't be pissed off. However, you're punishing your teammates when you start making an issue out of it on the sidelines during the NFC Championship game while your OC is trying to call plays.

X, you're right, Larry is better, but it's just got to be a blow to the guy's ego, especially now, and Breaston looks like a ready made replacement for him after he's gone. Didn't Boldin get voted to the pro bowl also as a starter?

I think so not sure but from a front office standpoint you have to commend Zona because Fitz is an absolute beast. Nonetheless this could benefit a team like ours in need of a WR. I would love Boldin, his Run after catch ability intrigues me and he is a tough reciever.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't be pissed off. However, you're punishing your teammates when you start making an issue out of it on the sidelines during the NFC Championship game while your OC is trying to call plays.

The play was called though, he wasn't involved and that's what he was annoyed at. Also, let's not let Haley off the hook here as he could very well have just shut his mouth and just got on with it. Haley was involved with Warner earlier in the game also, they were arguing over something.

I think so not sure but from a front office standpoint you have to commend Zona because Fitz is an absolute beast. Nonetheless this could benefit a team like ours in need of a WR. I would love Boldin, his Run after catch ability intrigues me and he is a tough reciever.

No Arizona look like geniuses now , but at the beginning of the season, they were dumbasses in the eyes of the league. It also doesn't just affect Boldin. If I'm correct, they couldn't afford to keep Calvin Pace because of it.

Considering the Redskins offered two first rounders for Chad Johnson - I don't see Boldin going anywhere for less than a first and second...

And now, you can have Chad Johnson for a big mac. Which means the Skins would have been mucho dumbo for giving up that much. Boldin however is so much better.

The play was called though, he wasn't involved and that's what he was annoyed at. Also, let's not let Haley off the hook here as he could very well have just shut his mouth and just got on with it. Haley was involved with Warner earlier in the game also, they were arguing over something.

And Warner looked pissed.....and that is not easy for Mr. Kurt "God Bless you" Warner.

Well, I suppose we could make excuses for the guy all day if we wanted to. Funny, I don't ever hear anybody try to defend TO when he pulls this stuff, even though he risked his career by playing hurt in a Super Bowl. You'd think he get a free pass for life. :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose we could make excuses for the guy all day if we wanted to. Funny, I don't ever hear anybody try to defend TO when he pulls this stuff, even though he risked his career by playing hurt in a Super Bowl. You'd think he get a free pass for life. :rolleyes:

So, we don't agree with you Mickeef, means we're making excuses. Interesting.

When TO has behaved, it's been noted.