SportsWrath

and the media rumors start

Mr. P

Boldin had a 15 second argument on the sideline. He didn't:

- shoot someone (or himself)

- put his head in an oven

- slag off his teammate, current or former, to reporters

- get arrested

He's a better player and a better person than many WRs out there.

Interviewed Monday afternoon on ESPN's NFL Live, Boldin dismissed the characterization of him not wanting to share in the Cardinals' celebration.

"I didn't leave through a back door, I just tried to get in and out [after the game]," Boldin told ESPN. "I didn't want [the postgame] story line to be me and Todd getting into it on the sideline."

Boldin had a 15 second argument on the sideline. He didn't:

- shoot someone (or himself)

- put his head in an oven

- slag off his teammate, current or former, to reporters

- get arrested

He's a better player and a better person than many WRs out there.

lol So these are now the guidelines separating "good guy" from "bad guy"? Uh, okay.

Wow guys, try to focus, okay? Again, I never said we shouldn't pursue this guy, I never said he's a criminal. What I said was that the organization should be at least a little concerned after seeing that yesterday. Do you not think they will be?

Interviewed Monday afternoon on ESPN's NFL Live, Boldin dismissed the characterization of him not wanting to share in the Cardinals' celebration.

"I didn't leave through a back door, I just tried to get in and out [after the game]," Boldin told ESPN. "I didn't want [the postgame] story line to be me and Todd getting into it on the sideline."

Well, I guess that does it. After all, Boldin said so himself. He probably just wanted to get home and catch 60 Minutes.-_-

lol So these are now the guidelines separating "good guy" from "bad guy"? Uh, okay.

Wow guys, try to focus, okay? Again, I never said we shouldn't pursue this guy, I never said he's a criminal. What I said was that the organization should be at least a little concerned after seeing that yesterday. Do you not think they will be?

Seriously Keef, you need to focus and you'll see he's not saying that. In the grand scheme of things that demonstration wasn't a big deal. The Giants will look at the big picture. After all, we drafted a guy in the 7th, despite the fact he stole a Playstation. Supposedly they like his smile.

Seriously Keef, you need to focus and you'll see he's not saying that.

Sort of like I never said we shouldn't even consider signing the guy because of what happened yesterday?

Anyway, there was a reason Bradshaw fell so low, just like there's a reason you don't just go throwing away draft picks for a guy without doing your homework and taking everything into account.

No Arizona look like geniuses now , but at the beginning of the season, they were dumbasses in the eyes of the league. It also doesn't just affect Boldin. If I'm correct, they couldn't afford to keep Calvin Pace because of it.

Pace was rumored to be let go because if you remember they originally were going to franchise Fitzgerald and did place the tag on him. He later signed that deal and rumor was Boldin was not happy.

Sideline antics or not Boldin is a player and I would go after him if the price is right. Due dilligence should be applied when thinking about this, but its not like this guy has a reputation or history for that. I want guys that want to be on the field in big spots and want to win.

The guy is slowly turning into a Diva/T.O lite.

"Hey look I'm not the number one guy anymore...I want out"

He'll go to some team willing to throw a first and second round pick at this guy, maybe the Raiders need another player to kill their career there. He's injured dam near every year and is taken lessons from the diva WR book.

I would offer a third and fourth for the guy, nothing more.

Seriously Keef, you need to focus and you'll see he's not saying that. In the grand scheme of things that demonstration wasn't a big deal. The Giants will look at the big picture. After all, we drafted a guy in the 7th, despite the fact he stole a Playstation. Supposedly they like his smile.

I agree. Sideline stuff makes for good ESPN fodder, but it means nothing outside the context of what was happening - a very tense, very competitive game.

I can't recall how many times I saw Phil Simms go off on the sidelines... it's more a sign of an intense competitor than a jerk. In fact, the Simms-Parcells shouting matches where classics.

by the way, you can make the argument that boldin had a point being mad when the season started. he had been the more productive of the two up until his injury. he played 12 games and still had about 90 catches, 1100 yards and 11 td's. he was the #1 receiver in past seasons together. fitz had more raw talent and was younger so he got the contract, but boldin had been the more productive of the two up until fitz raised his game up a notch. when the contract was signed however, one could argue boldin was the #1 receiver on that team.

i don't think boldin has reached diva status just yet, but that's just my own opinion

Pace was rumored to be let go because if you remember they originally were going to franchise Fitzgerald and did place the tag on him. He later signed that deal and rumor was Boldin was not happy.

Sideline antics or not Boldin is a player and I would go after him if the price is right. Due dilligence should be applied when thinking about this, but its not like this guy has a reputation or history for that. I want guys that want to be on the field in big spots and want to win.

Ultimately that is why Boldin was so upset on Sunday anyway

WIKI

Anquan Kenmile Boldin (pronounced /AN-kwan/) (born October 3, 1980 in Pahokee, Florida) is a professional American football player. He was chosen by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2003 NFL Draft out of Florida State University. He was drafted in the 2nd round because of his relatively slow combine speed.[1] His speed has proved no impediment to success. Boldin was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2003 by the Associated Press. He is known as one of the league's most physical receivers.

Boldin is the cousin of CFL All-Star defensive back Korey Banks. He also has a brother, Demir Boldin, who currently plays for Wake Forest University. He has one son, Anquan Jr .

Boldin requested a trade following the 2007 season when his fellow wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald signed a four-year, $40 million contract extension with Arizona [2] and the Cardinals declined to renegotiate Boldin's contract. He has 3 years with $12 million remaining on his current contract.

physical reciever, something that was sorely missed when Plax was gone. Physical and wants the ball and is a competitor and has never been known to show up a QB..... hmm let me think.... yeah I will take him.

notice the date before you read

Cardinals deny Anquan Boldin's trade request

Posted by Anthony Stalter (08/19/2008 @ 10:31 am)

According to the Arizona Republic, the Cardinals have denied wide receiver Anquan Boldin's request for a trade.

Drew Rosenhaus made the first request in the spring, although Boldin denied asking for a trade. Team officials, however, confirmed that request, and sources close to the situation said Rosenhaus recently asked them again to trade Boldin or allow Rosenhaus to shop for a deal.

The Cardinals' stance remains unchanged, according to a team spokesman. They have no intention of trading Boldin and are hopeful of signing him to a contract extension.

Rosenhaus declined comment, but a source close to negotiations said Boldin is unhappy, does not talk to coach Ken Whisenhunt and wants out of Arizona. It's possible Boldin could walk out of training camp, the source said, even though he is under contract for three more years and subject to fines of $15,000 a day.

Boldin said he believes Whisenhunt became too involved in negotiations.

"At this point we have no relationship, and I don't see that changing," Boldin told NFL Network on Monday. "It's just gotten to a point where I think lines were crossed. If you ask me, coaches should be coaches, management should be management, and I don't think those lines should be crossed. But when you cross those lines, you put yourself in position for things like this to happen."

Even though he's dealing with a hamstring injury, Boldin's situation might open the door for rookie Early Doucet, who runs excellent routes and has good hands. Of course, Doucet would be more effective in the slot with Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald on the outsides.

It'll be interesting to see what the conclusions will be to Boldin and Rams' running back Steven Jackson's contract situations. Both cases look rocky right now.

I remember wanting Plax so badly when he was a free agent AND despite some of your guys hate for him now because of his 2008 trouble filled year, lets not forget that he carried the team on his back in 2007.

Boldin IMO is even better than Plax and younger than Plax and can bring the Giants offense to a scary level. I don't know why historically the Giants have not locked up big time wr's but this one would be huge. Trade a first and a third or a first and a second if necessary to get this deal done. Wr and LB are our only weak areas on the team and with Boldin, Hixon, Steve Smith - I think we would only have to focus on linebacker really in the draft.

physical reciever, something that was sorely missed when Plax was gone. Physical and wants the ball and is a competitor and has never been known to show up a QB..... hmm let me think.... yeah I will take him.

I would give up two number two's for him. And try to package a 3rd rounder from next years draft. But if a number one would guarantee that he came here I would do it...however reluctantly.

I would give up two number two's for him. And try to package a 3rd rounder from next years draft. But if a number one would guarantee that he came here I would do it...however reluctantly.

he was a second rounder in 2003 so we wouldn't have to go any higher than that right?

Mark the 2nd rounder from the Saints for Boldin it's Like trading Shockey to the saints for Anquan from the cards

pull the trigger.

Apparently players and the OC yelling at each other are a common thing in Arizona.

Cardinals play down Boldin's late-game behavior against Eagles

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Arizona Cardinals called receiver Anquan Boldin's sideline shouting match with the offensive coordinator a "normal thing," and coach Ken Whisenhunt insisted the outburst would in no way disrupt the team.

Boldin and Todd Haley were seen arguing on television during the Cardinals' late touchdown drive in a 32-25 win over Philadelphia in the NFC championship game Sunday.

Boldin, going to his fourth Pro Bowl this season, did not participate in the postgame celebration on the field with his teammates.

"It was a heat of the moment thing," said third-string quarterback Brian St. Pierre, who was standing near the argument. "The fourth quarter of the NFC championship game and we were trying to win the game. Q wanted to be out there. It was a personnel package, there was no message being sent. You know big-time players want to be in the game at all times."

Whisenhunt brushed the dispute.

"That's a normal thing that happens," he said. "It happened in the first quarter with Todd and Kurt (Warner) on the sidelines. It happened with a couple of our defensive players and our defensive coaches. It's an emotional game. Yesterday was one of the most emotional you'll play in."

Asked about the timing of the brouhaha in the midst of such a crucial possession, Whisenhunt said, "Obviously it didn't affect us being successful on the drive. I didn't think that it was an issue, to be honest with you."

Whisenhunt expects Boldin's behavior to have no effect on the team.

"This is a highly competitive business,"' he said. "There are a lot of emotional swings that go into this game. We're never going to agree on things, but we've always been able to move past that and continue to be focused on our goal."

After the game, Boldin spoke briefly to a few reporters, praising the play of fellow receiver Larry Fitzgerald, then bolted for the locker room. He was gone when reporters were allowed inside.

Boldin missed the Cardinals' previous playoff victory at Carolina with a strained left hamstring but had practiced all week and was in the starting lineup on Sunday. He caught four passes for 34 yards and just missed a big play when Warner overthrew him down the middle.

Haley is an extremely vocal coach, and Warner said such yelling is nothing new.

"I don't know what transpired there but I know that Todd and I have argued most of the games thi year," Warner said. "You just see things differently sometimes on the field in the heat of battle. As a player sometimes you want something and as a coach you see things from a different perspective -- and your competitive juices just fire and you let it go."

The heated exchange came during Arizona's 14-play, 72-yard scoring drive that used up nearly eight minutes of the fourth quarter. While Boldin wasn't in the game during much of the drive, he was in for the final play as a decoy.

Warner faked throwing the screen to Boldin, a play Arizona has used with great success this season, then tossed inside to Tim Hightower, who barreled over the goal line from 8 yards out.

Boldin has been playing all season despite a simmering contract dispute.

In training camp, he accused the Cardinals' management of lying to him by promising a new deal and not following through. He said at the time, and repeated later, that he would never re-sign with the Cardinals.

Asked if going to the Super Bowl would change his mind, Boldin said, "Next question."

Boldin said he would not let the contract issue affect his play, and he lived up to his word with 89 catches for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns in the regular season despite missing four games with injuries.

He has two years left on his current deal. Neither Boldin nor Haley were available to reporters on Monday.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Apparently players and the OC yelling at each other are a common thing in Arizona.

Cardinals play down Boldin's late-game behavior against Eagles

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Arizona Cardinals called receiver Anquan Boldin's sideline shouting match with the offensive coordinator a "normal thing," and coach Ken Whisenhunt insisted the outburst would in no way disrupt the team.

Boldin and Todd Haley were seen arguing on television during the Cardinals' late touchdown drive in a 32-25 win over Philadelphia in the NFC championship game Sunday.

Boldin, going to his fourth Pro Bowl this season, did not participate in the postgame celebration on the field with his teammates.

"It was a heat of the moment thing," said third-string quarterback Brian St. Pierre, who was standing near the argument. "The fourth quarter of the NFC championship game and we were trying to win the game. Q wanted to be out there. It was a personnel package, there was no message being sent. You know big-time players want to be in the game at all times."

Whisenhunt brushed the dispute.

"That's a normal thing that happens," he said. "It happened in the first quarter with Todd and Kurt (Warner) on the sidelines. It happened with a couple of our defensive players and our defensive coaches. It's an emotional game. Yesterday was one of the most emotional you'll play in."

Asked about the timing of the brouhaha in the midst of such a crucial possession, Whisenhunt said, "Obviously it didn't affect us being successful on the drive. I didn't think that it was an issue, to be honest with you."

Whisenhunt expects Boldin's behavior to have no effect on the team.

"This is a highly competitive business,"' he said. "There are a lot of emotional swings that go into this game. We're never going to agree on things, but we've always been able to move past that and continue to be focused on our goal."

After the game, Boldin spoke briefly to a few reporters, praising the play of fellow receiver Larry Fitzgerald, then bolted for the locker room. He was gone when reporters were allowed inside.

Boldin missed the Cardinals' previous playoff victory at Carolina with a strained left hamstring but had practiced all week and was in the starting lineup on Sunday. He caught four passes for 34 yards and just missed a big play when Warner overthrew him down the middle.

Haley is an extremely vocal coach, and Warner said such yelling is nothing new.

"I don't know what transpired there but I know that Todd and I have argued most of the games thi year," Warner said. "You just see things differently sometimes on the field in the heat of battle. As a player sometimes you want something and as a coach you see things from a different perspective -- and your competitive juices just fire and you let it go."

The heated exchange came during Arizona's 14-play, 72-yard scoring drive that used up nearly eight minutes of the fourth quarter. While Boldin wasn't in the game during much of the drive, he was in for the final play as a decoy.

Warner faked throwing the screen to Boldin, a play Arizona has used with great success this season, then tossed inside to Tim Hightower, who barreled over the goal line from 8 yards out.

Boldin has been playing all season despite a simmering contract dispute.

In training camp, he accused the Cardinals' management of lying to him by promising a new deal and not following through. He said at the time, and repeated later, that he would never re-sign with the Cardinals.

Asked if going to the Super Bowl would change his mind, Boldin said, "Next question."

Boldin said he would not let the contract issue affect his play, and he lived up to his word with 89 catches for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns in the regular season despite missing four games with injuries.

He has two years left on his current deal. Neither Boldin nor Haley were available to reporters on Monday.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Obviously they are downplaying things just like all NFL teams do. The Giants did it with Shockey so this should come as no surprise. The fact is that Boldin has wanted out of Arizona for awhile now and I think he is a lock to leave. Now it just turns to whether the Giants will be smart enough to get a deal done.

Will Anquan Boldin's anger eventually lead him away from the Cardinals and possibly to the Giants? Too soon to tell, but it's clear from the star receiver's temperament in yesterday's 32-25 victory over the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game that all is not sunshine and roses for him in Arizona, and that a trade could be his way out. On the Cardinals' game-winning drive, Boldin and offensive coordinator Todd Haley engaged in a heated shouting match on the sideline. Boldin was steamed he was off the field, and Haley was trying to explain the personnel group he called for had Steve Breaston in the game in place of Boldin. But Boldin did not accept that reasoning. He left University of Phoenix Stadium without speaking to reporters. Boldin has played angry all season after he was denied a new contract. The Giants, with Plaxico Burress' situation in limbo, certainly will be watching his situation carefully.

New York Post

yeah this will be great for team chemistry!