SportsWrath

Steelers are 6 time SB winners

so-cal dub

I think the Cards run is going to come crashing down in 2 weeks. No way they can do what they've been doing against that defense.

On a positive note, the Steelers having 6 means the Cowboys are no longer tied for most championships and can suck a dick.

BTW, will Bettis talk about how he lived in Tampa at one point in life for the next two weeks?

Not a chance its gonna be a blowout and not a chance that the Steelers offense can put up 34

I know, I expect the Steeler D to put up at least 14 of those points.

Not to sound like a sore loser or a hater, but I still am not convinced with the Cards. OK, they elevated their play when needed, they deserve to be where they're at. But PITT is for real and has a REAL D. I fully expect this Cinderella ride for AZ to end SB Sunday. You dont get thumped that many times during the regular season, and have the majority of your wins come against terrible teams and be for real. Every year theres a Cinderella team it seems. You could say we were last yr, but we had a top D and run game. We didnt barely get over .500 last yr and we didnt get thumped as many times. We were a good team, that was consistent most of the year, and got better in the playoffs. The Cards STUNK all season, and have played well the last 3 games. I dont see them winning against that experince and stellar D.

All that said, Im still rootin for the Cards to win, I just dont see it happening.

Don't underestimate them again. They are built to be able to beat a team like the Steelers who stop the run 100% of the time but can give up the pass at times. 2 of the best receivers in the game sitting on the Cards bench. I actually think they can pull it out.

I completely agree and the Cardinals had a much harder road to the SB. The Steelers beat the Chargers that were just lucky to make the playoffs and the Ravens with a QB making 10 completions a game. The Cardinals beat a very good Falcons, Panthers and can be good Eagles and are playing in the type of weather that suits their game. If this game was in Pittsburgh then no contest but in TB it favours the Cardinals type of game very much. If the Cardinals could protect Warner against Johnson's blitz defense then they can do it again against LaBeau and win the game.

If the Cards can give Warner anytime back there at all, the Steelers will realize they haven't seen anything like Fitzgerald/Boldin and Breaston, especially if Boldin can get healthier in the next 2 weeks.

I think this is going to be a lot closer than people think, the line is only 6 1/2 right now.

Cardinals are built for very quick release of the ball too. Pressure doesn't stop big plays from these guys. I think Pitt will have a hard time containing them and keeping pace offensively.

Also helps to have an OC that understands about quick dumps when the blitz is coming. Also Warner seems to have stepped up big time with limiting his mistakes. I could careless who wins as long as it's a good game. It seems that most SBs are let downs; except last years even if I wasn't a Giants fan.

I think the Cards run is going to come crashing down in 2 weeks. No way they can do what they've been doing against that defense.

On a positive note, the Steelers having 6 means the Cowboys are no longer tied for most championships and can suck a dick.

BTW, will Bettis talk about how he lived in Tampa at one point in life for the next two weeks?

I picked Arizona over Philly, and I'm picking Arizona over the Steelers.

They are playing in Tampa Bay, not Pittsburgh, and Arizona is built to win shootouts. I'll take Kurt Warner and Fitzgeraldn on warm grass v. anyone.

And that Arizona defense is very underrated.

I know, I expect the Steeler D to put up at least 14 of those points.

Not to sound like a sore loser or a hater, but I still am not convinced with the Cards. OK, they elevated their play when needed, they deserve to be where they're at. But PITT is for real and has a REAL D. I fully expect this Cinderella ride for AZ to end SB Sunday. You dont get thumped that many times during the regular season, and have the majority of your wins come against terrible teams and be for real. Every year theres a Cinderella team it seems. You could say we were last yr, but we had a top D and run game. We didnt barely get over .500 last yr and we didnt get thumped as many times. We were a good team, that was consistent most of the year, and got better in the playoffs. The Cards STUNK all season, and have played well the last 3 games. I dont see them winning against that experince and stellar D.

All that said, Im still rootin for the Cards to win, I just dont see it happening.

the cardinals have the ingredients necessary to win it all...they have a top 5 veteran QB who has been here before, and knows how to beat the blitz. they have a servicible run game that gets what it needs to, and they have the best receivers in the league. they also have a defense that has come together at the right time, and they are extremely well coached. the dog believes the steelers should be the favorite, but as the dog said at the start of the playoffs, don't keep sleeping on the cardinals...by the way - the giants were 10-6 last year, and the cards were 9-7 this year - can't really say one team was "barely" over 500 and was was well above...

the cardinals have the ingredients necessary to win it all...they have a top 5 veteran QB who has been here before, and knows how to beat the blitz. they have a servicible run game that gets what it needs to, and they have the best receivers in the league. they also have a defense that has come together at the right time, and they are extremely well coached. the dog believes the steelers should be the favorite, but as the dog said at the start of the playoffs, don't keep sleeping on the cardinals...by the way - the giants were 10-6 last year, and the cards were 9-7 this year - can't really say one team was "barely" over 500 and was was well above...

The Cards played 6 games vs the NFC west. Playing .500 ball after those 6 games should warrant 11 wins. Every single good team they faced this year they were beaten by exluding playoffs. It has broken as perfectly as possible for the Cards this post season. Pitt should beat them and cover the spread.

The Cards played 6 games vs the NFC west. Playing .500 ball after those 6 games should warrant 11 wins. Every single good team they faced this year they were beaten by exluding playoffs. It has broken as perfectly as possible for the Cards this post season. Pitt should beat them and cover the spread.

the same was being said a year ago...pitt should beat them and cover the spread, but the cardinals are doing all the right things on both sides of the ball. the dog likes their chances to pull off one more upset, even if they are not the better team. however, the dog would not be confident enough in this to bet against the steelers, so this one is a stay away game...

the same was being said a year ago...pitt should beat them and cover the spread, but the cardinals are doing all the right things on both sides of the ball. the dog likes their chances to pull off one more upset, even if they are not the better team. however, the dog would not be confident enough in this to bet against the steelers, so this one is a stay away game...

That's getting old too. And it actually is not the same. The Cards have had two home games and they completely tanked it at the end of the yr. We hit our stride after the comeback vs. CHI last season. We played strong at the end and earned our playoff victories, that were ALL on the road.

That's getting old too. And it actually is not the same. The Cards have had two home games and they completely tanked it at the end of the yr. We hit our stride after the comeback vs. CHI last season. We played strong at the end and earned our playoff victories, that were ALL on the road.

it is getting old in so much as nobody cares so much about last year anymore...the fact is, both the cards and the giants of last year are making remarkable runs, and in that both benefited from breaks and having things fall into place...and if you want to argue that the giants "hit their stride" after the bears win, well they went 1-2 in the regular season after that, and the one win was a 16-13 edging of the eagles where they benfited from a missed interference call and a missed late FG...the dog is saying that everyone continues to dsicount the cards the same way they did the giants...

On CNN SI they are calling the Cardinals the worst team to ever make the SB, second 9-7 team. The Cardinals though have beat some very good teams and James has decided to run. This team is very different than in the regular season and playing in TB is going to help their chances.

it is getting old in so much as nobody cares so much about last year anymore...the fact is, both the cards and the giants of last year are making remarkable runs, and in that both benefited from breaks and having things fall into place...and if you want to argue that the giants "hit their stride" after the bears win, well they went 1-2 in the regular season after that, and the one win was a 16-13 edging of the eagles where they benfited from a missed interference call and a missed late FG...the dog is saying that everyone continues to dsicount the cards the same way they did the giants...

Actually, we went 2-2 after that, none of those being blowouts. More specifically, we showed glimpses of coming on strong from the BUF game. The Cards went 1-4 the lastr 5 games, and were DESTROYED in those losses. My point is, using the "reminds me of the Giants last year" is old. And this aint as close to what we did as you think. The Eagles were more similiar till they lost. And xxi was right in that theyre getting breaks at the right time. They had 2 home games as a 4th seed. Thats getting a break. One the Gints DIDNT have. ;)

Actually, we went 2-2 after that, none of those being blowouts. More specifically, we showed glimpses of coming on strong from the BUF game. The Cards went 1-4 the lastr 5 games, and were DESTROYED in those losses. My point is, using the "reminds me of the Giants last year" is old. And this aint as close to what we did as you think. The Eagles were more similiar till they lost. And xxi was right in that theyre getting breaks at the right time. They had 2 home games as a 4th seed. Thats getting a break. One the Gints DIDNT have. ;)

your right - shockingly the dog forgot about the bills game oddly enough. that being said, losing to the redskins at home dismally and losing the last game of the season, albeit in a good effort, is hard to classify as hitting their stride. this is pretty close, seeing as the cardinals were considered the worst team in playoffs on all accounts. speaking to the home games, yes that is true that they were fortunate to end up with a home game in the championship, but they earned it by beating the panthers. the giants collapse isn't their fault - you play the games on your schedule. as for the giants not benefiting from home games last year, well, the dog's not so sure that would have benefited them, since they haven't won a home playoff game since 2000, and their million dollar huckleberry baby QB, despite being an nfl qb playing in the northeast, is unable to throw in the meadowlands without the benefit of a wind free day...

the giants were also fighting for their playoff lives the last 4 games...the cards had it sewn up very, very early - not an excuse for poor play, but the fact that they have put that aside and find themselves in the super bowl, well, the dog is just reiterating - it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they win it all...

Can't wait till media day when a reporter asks.............."there was a charter from Detroit, any idea who was on that charter" Mike Tomlins response........"well we didn't want to let it out of the bag but we flew in Jerome's family to officiate the game, it worked three years ago for coach Cowher, thought i would give it a shot, do i think it's cheating nah nobody did anything about it three years ago, why now"

Can't wait till media day when a reporter asks.............."there was a charter from Detroit, any idea who was on that charter" Mike Tomlins response........"well we didn't want to let it out of the bag but we flew in Jerome's family to officiate the game, it worked three years ago for coach Cowher, thought i would give it a shot, do i think it's cheating nah nobody did anything about it three years ago, why now"

Did you used to be a Seahawks fan or something?

Did you used to be a Seahawks fan or something?

No never been a Seahags fan, in fact i went into that superbowl rooting for Pittsburgh and by halftime i went ok somethings wrong here, this is real bad for the NFL if Pittsburgh ends up winning a superbowl like this. Then it just all went away, nobody said nothing about how terrible the officiating was, part of it was america was all tied up into Barry Bonds and the steroids garbage that took center stage soon after the super bowl but, still i think that superbowl was fixed or the refs just hated Seattle and wanted to see a favorite well known team win, the best image of that superbowl was Mike Holmgren walking into the tunnel with this Clint Eastwood pissed off ready to go dirty harry look.