SportsWrath

VOTE - Who do you want the Giants to play?

Allstarjim

Divisional Playoff Opponent  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like the Giants to play in the divisional round?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Philadelphia Eagles

the dog's point before this was taken in the wrong direction was that the cardinals have the weapons to pull an upset over any team in the playoffs...as the dog said, they are the weakest team in the NFC postseason, but they can be scary, and contrary to what people want to believe, they were no cake-walk for the giants when they played them...are the giants the better team? obviously. but as we have learned time and time again, the better team does not always come out on top.

I have to be honest, up 34-19 with 6 minutes left I never felt that that team was any threat and in fact I wondered what if that game were at home back east at say 1pm like when they played the Jets if the Giants might have beaten them by 25 or more points. You are correct though it was a one score game in the end and I guess when evaluating the end result that is what we have to look at. I can honestly say I cannot see them coming east an beating the Giants. Vikes? yeah. Eagles? obviously. Falcons? Maybe Panthers? yeah no doubt Cards? No way. IMO that is.

My issue with Atlanta is the same one with Philly, Turner and Westbrook. Short dump passes to a running back will kill the Giants. There's no way Peirce could cover either of them. And I'm not sure how much Spags is willing to give him safety help as both QBs can air it out.

On second inspection though, Turner has 6 catches this year (17 in 4 years) which is really surprising to me. Even so, him getting the ball in space is frightening.

Even more frightening is Norwood getting the ball in space, or getting those little dump offs with Pierce chasing him. :ph34r:

I have to be honest, up 34-19 with 6 minutes left I never felt that that team was any threat and in fact I wondered what if that game were at home back east at say 1pm like when they played the Jets if the Giants might have beaten them by 25 or more points. You are correct though it was a one score game in the end and I guess when evaluating the end result that is what we have to look at. I can honestly say I cannot see them coming east an beating the Giants. Vikes? yeah. Eagles? obviously. Falcons? Maybe Panthers? yeah no doubt Cards? No way. IMO that is.

the dog agrees with just about 100% of what you are saying...the reality is, the cards have no business coming east in january and beating a better team...but the fact is, they do have the weapons to be that sneaky dangerous team that pulls an upset and has everyone scratching their heads...

the dog agrees with just about 100% of what you are saying...the reality is, the cards have no business coming east in january and beating a better team...but the fact is, they do have the weapons to be that sneaky dangerous team that pulls an upset and has everyone scratching their heads...

I disagree 100%. The Cards are not, and cannot be sneaky dangerous. They are too one dimensional to be sneaky, and I see no possible way they can win a game in Jersey in January, unless the weather is uncharacteristically un-January-ish and Spagnuolo gameplans to stop the non existent running attack and stacks ELEVEN in the box.

Of course, there is the possibilty that the Giants can play a sloppy game, let them hang around, and they can steal it, but I don't see that happening either.

I disagree 100%. The Cards are not, and cannot be sneaky dangerous. They are too one dimensional to be sneaky, and I see no possible way they can win a game in Jersey in January, unless the weather is uncharacteristically un-January-ish and Spagnuolo gameplans to stop the non existent running attack and stacks ELEVEN in the box.

Of course, there is the possibilty that the Giants can play a sloppy game, let them hang around, and they can steal it, but I don't see that happening either.

the dog isn't suggesting that it is probable, but then again, a year ago, nobody was sitting there saying that the giants were going to go on the road to below zero temperatures in green bay against favre after pulling off two straight upsets on the road with a QB that had yet to show he could play in cold weather and win...and they did...so...

If I had to choose who I'd like the Giants to play, it would definitely be the Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals have not been good as of late, and the fact that game takes place at Giants Stadium favors the odds more to us than them. We've beaten this team before, and we can do it again. I'm more fearful of the Philadelphia Eagles doing the same thing we did last year.

Also, Italian Hotdog, your gimmick is annoying the fuck out of me. Please post like a normal person, I would much appreciate it.

You know what's funny, the dog acts like he's the smartest guy ever, but his third person gimmick is making him look like an idiot. Lesson to be learned here: no matter how many intelligent things you say, if you talk in third person, you're a fucking douche bag. That's just my opinion.

If I had to choose who I'd like the Giants to play, it would definitely be the Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals have not been good as of late, and the fact that game takes place at Giants Stadium favors the odds more to us than them. We've beaten this team before, and we can do it again. I'm more fearful of the Philadelphia Eagles doing the same thing we did last year.

Also, Italian Hotdog, your gimmick is annoying the fuck out of me. Please post like a normal person, I would much appreciate it.

You know what's funny, the dog acts like he's the smartest guy ever, but his third person gimmick is making him look like an idiot. Lesson to be learned here: no matter how many intelligent things you say, if you talk in third person, you're a fucking douche bag. That's just my opinion.

the italian hotdog finds you interesting.

The Blue seems to NOT be the only person that finds you to be a douchebag.

the dog cares little for your thoughts...you showed your true colors. and by the way, the dog doesn't want to hear from anyone again making accusations about the dog following you around - it has always been the opposite, and this has been exemplified in recent weeks here...so please continue...but occassionally try and bring some football knowledge with you...please...thanks.

the dog isn't suggesting that it is probable, but then again, a year ago, nobody was sitting there saying that the giants were going to go on the road to below zero temperatures in green bay against favre after pulling off two straight upsets on the road with a QB that had yet to show he could play in cold weather and win...and they did...so...

But, what the Giants did show up to that point, was that they could run the ball and pressure the other team's QB. So there was always a chance that anything could happen.

And I'm not sure how much of an upset beating Tampa really was. I'm sure they were favored since they were the home team, but they weren't really all that good. They were this year's Cardinals. Decent team in a shitball division.

the dog cares little for your thoughts...you showed your true colors. and by the way, the dog doesn't want to hear from anyone again making accusations about the dog following you around - it has always been the opposite, and this has been exemplified in recent weeks here...so please continue...but occassionally try and bring some football knowledge with you...please...thanks.

The dog can go fuck himself, as he is on a GIANTS message board and claims NOT to be a Giant fan. I'll say whatever I want, and you can keep following me around all you want. Its quite flattering. :)

But, what the Giants did show up to that point, was that they could run the ball and pressure the other team's QB. So there was always a chance that anything could happen.

And I'm not sure how much of an upset beating Tampa really was. I'm sure they were favored since they were the home team, but they weren't really all that good. They were this year's Cardinals. Decent team in a shitball division.

very true - but with the weapons the cardinals have on offense, and with what they have shown, the dog would argue that there is always a chance that they can out gun a team and pull off an upset or two...the dog is not a big warner fan, but he is an experienced QB that consistently makes the big play, and matching up on the outside with those receivers is a huge challenge for any defense. again, they shouldn't get out of round 2, and maybe not even out of round 1, but anything is possible in this league...

very true - but with the weapons the cardinals have on offense, and with what they have shown, the dog would argue that there is always a chance that they can out gun a team and pull off an upset or two...the dog is not a big warner fan, but he is an experienced QB that consistently makes the big play holds onto the ball too long, and matching up on the outside with those receivers is a huge challenge for any defense. again, they shouldn't get out of round 2, and maybe not even out of round 1, but anything is possible in this league...

FIXED! ;)

Actually, I really like Warner. Very good QB and an even better person. One thing to add is that Corey Webster absolutely shut down Steve Smith in Week 16. With the Cards already unable to run the ball, and with the Giants having the luxury of having Webster on Fitz in single coverage, I think the potential for big plays by the Giants defense is enormous. A couple of interceptions, a couple of sacks on Warner, and the Giants pound the ball with Earth, Wind, and Fire and cruise to an easy victory.

FIXED! ;)

Actually, I really like Warner. Very good QB and an even better person. One thing to add is that Corey Webster absolutely shut down Steve Smith in Week 16. With the Cards already unable to run the ball, and with the Giants having the luxury of having Webster on Fitz in single coverage, I think the potential for big plays by the Giants defense is enormous. A couple of interceptions, a couple of sacks on Warner, and the Giants pound the ball with Earth, Wind, and Fire and cruise to an easy victory.

could very well be the case if these teams play...but stopping fitzgerald is only one piece of the passing game there, b/c boldin is a rather impressive number 2 option, and the dog actually likes what he sees from breaston...most likely what you describe above would be the outcome, but you never know...

could very well be the case if these teams play...but stopping fitzgerald is only one piece of the passing game there, b/c boldin is a rather impressive number 2 option, and the dog actually likes what he sees from breaston...most likely what you describe above would be the outcome, but you never know...

Aaron Ross is no slouch and would do fine matched up with Boldin, Especially with the occasional double on him. Breaston against our nickel is a mismatch, though, but if you are neutralizing Fitz and Boldin, I like our chances against Warner trying to find that open guy every time.

the dog's point before this was taken in the wrong direction was that the cardinals have the weapons to pull an upset over any team in the playoffs...as the dog said, they are the weakest team in the NFC postseason, but they can be scary, and contrary to what people want to believe, they were no cake-walk for the giants when they played them...are the giants the better team? obviously. but as we have learned time and time again, the better team does not always come out on top.

well giants fans, come to the dog for all of your accurate NFC playoff information...