SportsWrath

Will Eli break Elway's 4th quarter comeback record...

BurnThePhilFans

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised this doesn't get mentioned more. Since his rookie year he's had a knack for coming from behind in pressure situations and winning games late.

Any hate aside, I'd be interested in seeing Eli's 4rh quarter comebacks compared to Ben's and other young QB'.

I believe Ben has either the same amount as Eli or 1 more... BUT that is in 5 full seasons as a starter compared to Eli's 4. I don't get why announcers mention that every time Ben falls behind they talk about his comebacks but Eli is right there with him and it hardly gets mentioned.

I believe Ben has either the same amount as Eli or 1 more... BUT that is in 5 full seasons as a starter compared to Eli's 4. I don't get why announcers mention that every time Ben falls behind they talk about his comebacks but Eli is right there with him and it hardly gets mentioned.

Yeah, as i said for some reason Eli isn't mentioned when they talk about modern come from behind QB's. And in reality, trying to be unbiased, when the chips are down and you need a QB to drive down the field with time running out, you'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable QB to lean on. That really is his niche, calm cool and relaxed, quick pace, process the info fast and get the score. For all his faults people like to come up with, when it time to win a game, I'm glad we have Eli.

Eli aka "Cool as ice" - 17 fourth quarter comebacks for wins. I basically expect him to win games for us now when he gets the ball down by a score with 3 minutes to go in the game. That is when he is at his best. Elway's record is 40. Eli has 17 in 4 seaons as a full starter. Thoughts?

God, I hope not- my heart couldn't take 40 of those. I'd much prefer him to break Joe Montana's record of 4 super bowl wins.

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised this doesn't get mentioned more. Since his rookie year he's had a knack for coming from behind in pressure situations and winning games late.

Any hate aside, I'd be interested in seeing Eli's 4rh quarter comebacks compared to Ben's and other young QB'.

Remember his first win against the Cowboys? I have had issues with Eli after that but that was the first game I realized that he has the potential to lead this team. He looked very simular to his brother on that drive by reading blitzes. Just like what he does now

I would love to see that stat. I never compare Eli to Big Ben because I think in a way they are very similar QB's and will always have that 4th Qtr comeback in them.

Remember his first win against the Cowboys? I have had issues with Eli after that but that was the first game I realized that he has the potential to lead this team. He looked very simular to his brother on that drive by reading blitzes. Just like what he does now

I would love to see that stat. I never compare Eli to Big Ben because I think in a way they are very similar QB's and will always have that 4th Qtr comeback in them.

Yeah, thats the game he audibled to Tiki for the game winning score.

He played well in the Steelers game that year as well.

Eli aka "Cool as ice" - 17 fourth quarter comebacks for wins. I basically expect him to win games for us now when he gets the ball down by a score with 3 minutes to go in the game. That is when he is at his best. Elway's record is 40. Eli has 17 in 4 seaons as a full starter. Thoughts?

actually, the dog is pretty sure elway is credited with 47 fourth quarter comebacks, but that is neither here nor there...just out of curiosity, where did you get the manning number from? the dog thought as of the bears game last year, he had 7 fourth quarter comebacks to his credit, which means he has had 10 in his last 18 wins, which seems high, but certainly possible...

Yeah, as i said for some reason Eli isn't mentioned when they talk about modern come from behind QB's. And in reality, trying to be unbiased, when the chips are down and you need a QB to drive down the field with time running out, you'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable QB to lean on. That really is his niche, calm cool and relaxed, quick pace, process the info fast and get the score. For all his faults people like to come up with, when it time to win a game, I'm glad we have Eli.

The call him Easy E. And as much as his over-calmness makes me nervous... I no longer worry about time ticking. The pinacle was that last drive in the Super Bowl. I stood the entire time... in the same spot.. staring at the TV.. speechless.. emotionless.. just knowing something great is about to happen. And when Plax caught the ball in the end zone.. I remained speechless.. emotionless... because I wasn't surprised.

actually, the dog is pretty sure elway is credited with 47 fourth quarter comebacks, but that is neither here nor there...just out of curiosity, where did you get the manning number from? the dog thought as of the bears game last year, he had 7 fourth quarter comebacks to his credit, which means he has had 10 in his last 18 wins, which seems high, but certainly possible...

For once, I have to agree with the dog. I can only count 15. That's including Buffalo where Eli did nothing, and the OT wins vs. Cinci and Carolina. Still, 15 is impressive nonetheless.

For once, I have to agree with the dog. I can only count 15. That's including Buffalo where Eli did nothing, and the OT wins vs. Cinci and Carolina. Still, 15 is impressive nonetheless.

What is considered a 4th quarter comeback though? Would it still be considered a 4th quarter

comeback if he brings the team back and they still lose or what?

What is considered a 4th quarter comeback though? Would it still be considered a 4th quarter

If that's the case, I would imagine he has more than 17. but I don't think that's the case.

no - the team has to win as a result, otherwise a number of QBs would have a high amount of 4th quarter comebacks...the dog would guess elway would be much higher...by that rationale, one would credit Romo with two fourth quarter comebacks at the ravens game alone, and they still lost...

no - the team has to win as a result, otherwise a number of QBs would have a high amount of 4th quarter comebacks...the dog would guess elway would be much higher...by that rationale, one would credit Romo with two fourth quarter comebacks at the ravens game alone, and they still lost...

although I agree that no 4th quarter comeback credit is given if a team thus loses. I would think to be considered a 4th quarter comeback you have to at least lead or have the game tied at the end of regulation