SportsWrath

My take on this bump in the road for the Giants

osi724dasack

Ok we are not in trouble just yet as most of you good fans would already know

however its looked ugly the last 2 weeks. the offense is clearly missing Plax and Jacobs. the true question is which one is missed more.

the defense looked good agaisnst dallas minus a few plays but they didnt get any help from the offense

SO THE DEFENSE IS FINE (Pierce has to step his play up though)

The Offense is a mess

The O-LINE WILL BE FINE

The running game will pan out with or without jacobs as long as we establish it and stick with it. And this is when we should get Bradshaw on the field and give him 10 carries a game till BJ gets back

the big question is the WR's. Someone has to step up and play big and scare the opposing d

Hixon could be that guy.

Toomer wont be that guy, however he will get us his clutch catches when we need them

Moss could be that guy but wont since KG doesnt know how to use him

MM could be that guy

AND DAMIT I WISH WE HAD TYREE RIGHT NOW!!

And Boss is fine with me.

so alot of work has to be done on offense to get back to the yardage and points we were producing the whole year and Hixon must step up and make some plays that he hasnt due to drops or getting bumped at the line.

i will continue this thread in a few hours. (bout to burn one up)

I'm witholding judgment on how much we miss or don't miss them. The Philadelphia game we killed ourselves. We played poorly on defense and dropped a ton of passes. I don't think we missed either of those players that much there. In the Dallas game we played a desperate team in a primetime game at their house and the O-Line got manhandled. If I had to pick I would say we miss Jacobs more. We haven't had a run game in the time he has missed (Philly, Dallas, Arizona, etc...). If we have no passing game in the last 2 games of the season though I think it will become clear how much we do miss Plax. Plax was the one bigtime receiver the Giants had and it opened up their whole offense. If we don't bring him back we need a bigtime wideout.

I agree with BTPF...the Broke Backs had to win that game...the importance was so high that their classless owner celebrated like he won the SuperBowl. Act like you been there before Jones....I know its been a while but you are not even in the playoffs yet.

To be honest, I dont know what to think of this slump we've been in the last 2 weeks. The sky isnt falling (yet) but we better get our shit together if we are going to make a run. We have already acomplished far more than anyone thought we would (accept us fans), but the way we lost those last 2, well lets just say it doesnt look good.

I feel bad for Manning. When he has had time to throw, he's been hitting the recievers, only to watch them drop it.

Seriously, I'm tired of the f-ing excuse that the other team had more to play for. We are playing for homefield, #1 seed, and a bye week. That is a lot to play for. Do not try and tell me that we don't want to win just as bad as the other team, because if that's the case, we are in big trouble. Please stop using that f-ing excuse. Not to go off you guys, but seriously. When we get our asses kicked, our asses got kicked because we JUST WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN ON THAT DAY.

These players wanted both of these last two games BAD. Seriously, we are in trouble if the players are going to start making excuses. Amani talking about how they had a bad week prior to the Eagles game. FUCK THAT. No excuses. Oh, this was their SuperBowl (heard that one too, either after the Eagles game or Cowboys, don't know which). IT'S BS. When you get between the lines, you execute or you don't. You leave it on the field, or you go home.

This is not week 17 with homefield throughout wrapped up. You want to know when we don't have enough to play for? When David Carr is running the offense.

No more fucking excuses.

Seriously, I'm tired of the f-ing excuse that the other team had more to play for. We are playing for homefield, #1 seed, and a bye week. That is a lot to play for. Do not try and tell me that we don't want to win just as bad as the other team, because if that's the case, we are in big trouble. Please stop using that f-ing excuse. Not to go off you guys, but seriously. When we get our asses kicked, our asses got kicked because we JUST WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN ON THAT DAY.

These players wanted both of these last two games BAD. Seriously, we are in trouble if the players are going to start making excuses. Amani talking about how they had a bad week prior to the Eagles game. FUCK THAT. No excuses. Oh, this was their SuperBowl (heard that one too, either after the Eagles game or Cowboys, don't know which). IT'S BS. When you get between the lines, you execute or you don't. You leave it on the field, or you go home.

This is not week 17 with homefield throughout wrapped up. You want to know when we don't have enough to play for? When David Carr is running the offense.

No more fucking excuses.

That's all fine and dandy but the point stands that those who are desperate to avoid "death" are far more empowered to fight than those who strive for higher ground.

That's all fine and dandy but the point stands that those who are desperate to avoid "death" are far more empowered to fight than those who strive for higher ground.

And my point stands that if you are not giving 100% already, then you shouldn't be out on the field, especially at this time of year.

And my point stands that if you are not giving 100% already, then you shouldn't be out on the field, especially at this time of year.

And while I agree with you 100%, the truth of the matter most humans don't operate that way.

I agree with BTPF...the Broke Backs had to win that game...the importance was so high that their classless owner celebrated like he won the SuperBowl. Act like you been there before Jones....I know its been a while but you are not even in the playoffs yet.

LOL at Jones. Looks like his facelift didn't last too long right? Eyebags are back and worst than ever.

Would we be the first team ever to lose four straight games to finish the season and still get a bye?

Thats the problem. We WOULDN'T get the bye (assuming Minnesota wins this weekend). If Minnesota wins this weekend and we lose and Minnesota beats us the following week then they get the bye. That would be a Mets-like choke

Thats the problem. We WOULDN'T get the bye (assuming Minnesota wins this weekend). If Minnesota wins this weekend and we lose and Minnesota beats us the following week then they get the bye. That would be a Mets-like choke

But if Minny lost this weekend and we lose out then we get the bye. So would we be the first?