SportsWrath

Gilbride

Lughead

Gilbride's Future  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gilbride Deserve to Stay or Should he leave?

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Needs to change in order to stay
    • Needs to change nothing in order to stay
    • Sports a cool Due even in the driving wind the rivals even Jimmy Johnson so he stays.

Does Gilbride need to go ?

I say YES .

Hey, you're a MOD....no F bombs in the title. :P

And no, Gilbride shouldn't be called out for this. How about the players make the plays he calls? Hmmmm, maybe then he's called a genius. If the players execute bad plays and lose, then I can see your point.

He's done nothing wrong in my eyes. He doesn't catch the passes or block.

Would you call an end around in the first series ?

Would you keep trying to run outside the tackles when it wasn't working?

Would you throw throw throw on first down?

4th and inches,well maybe we should throw it . Is that the play you would of called?

Yes, but I wouldn't have given it to Manningham.

When wasn't it working? I thought the outside tackles running was fine, they didn't have enough time

to continue it.

Probably not.

4th and inches,well maybe we should throw it . Is that the play you would of called?

Eli could have ran for that 1st down.

You're being a little too harsh here, don't you think? This loss sits squarely on execution, or should I say, failed execution.

The end around, so he tried a little trickery. Didn't work and I don't recall him trying it again. But had it worked, everyone would be like "WOW, bold move".

Running outside outside the tackles when it wasn't working? Can't say, but I'm sure if the line made some interior holes, the backs would have taken that option.....maybe.

Throw on first down? Sure, why not. Our running game wasn't working.

4th & inches: No I would have run it, but I'm not the OC.

You're being a little too harsh here, don't you think? This loss sits squarely on execution, or should I say, failed execution.

The end around, so he tried a little trickery. Didn't work and I don't recall him trying it again. But had it worked, everyone would be like "WOW, bold move".

Running outside outside the tackles when it wasn't working? Can't say, but I'm sure if the line made some interior holes, the backs would have taken that option.....maybe.

Throw on first down? Sure, why not. Our running game wasn't working.

4th & inches: No I would have run it, but I'm not the OC.

No I dont think so

This goes deeper than today's game

any way this is my opinion and other people has their opinion so I will leave it at that.

Lughead if we did everything you suggested here we would have a predictable offense... something that Gilbride has also been criticized for. Is it just that he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? He's done a good job for us this year. Other season's I've criticized him, and to be honest I didn't like the hire in the first place. But I am inclined to give him some due for our success this year. Dare I say the offense has been even better than our defense this season.

Lughead if we did everything you suggested here we would have a predictable offense... something that Gilbride has also been criticized for. Is it just that he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? He's done a good job for us this year. Other season's I've criticized him, and to be honest I didn't like the hire in the first place. But I am inclined to give him some due for our success this year. Dare I say the offense has been even better than our defense this season.

What did I Suggest?

Well I think your insinuation is we at least should not have done these things. Is it your idea that we should always run on first down? It's easy to criticize the offensive coordinator when things don't go well. Sometimes it's legit, sometimes it's not. This year, the criticism is unfounded. I think no matter what, you mix up the play calling and trust your quarterback to change the play if the one you called doesn't look successful with the way the defense lines up.

Anything that makes our offense formulaic is a bad idea, methinks, as the worst thing you can do is let the defense know what you're going to do and when. All this, we should run on first down more than pass talk, and not do end arounds, blah blah blah... I have no problem with doing either as long as we remain unpredictable in our play-calling.

I don't know yet maybe the Browns depends ..... phone hasn't rang yet :P

Well, you're cap hit is pretty low, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out. Just don't make any strange requests, like having the Browns add a finance section. Although I think a beer section would go over well. :TU:

Well, you're cap hit is pretty low, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out. Just don't make any strange requests, like having the Browns add a finance section. Although I think a beer section would go over well. :TU:

I was thinking about a milkbone section if I ever get out of the green room

I'll give him a little respect because of this season in terms of points and the fact we're 11-2.

But...he is not a very good OC.

If coordinating a run through the playoffs, a superbowl win, the highest points in the league, and an 11-2 record don't define very good OC, what does? :confused: