SportsWrath

Feagles.

BlueInCanada

I was thinking the other day after the Dallas game...Feagles is quite the asset to the team, it's not to often you know your punter is going to come in and consistently put the opposing teams O inside their own 20. The guy has been money for us since the day we signed him and even though he has only been a Giant for a short time it's going to suck not seeing him come out and punt for us. Sure we will probably get some punter who can boot it down the field farther then Feagles but no one will ever come as close to the accuracy Feagles has. Coming out in a stadium like the Giants and being able to punt in it with ease where other kickers/punters complain about the wind, just solidifies him as one of the best punters in NFL history.

In my opinion he has to atleast be a consideration for the HoF someday, he may not get in but he should atleast make a ballot or two. I wonder if there any chance if the Giants will honor him in some way when he does retire and he will retire as a Giant.

So this is just an appreciation thread for the old GOAT who doesnt get the most attention and is one of the many reasons why we still continue to dominate teams.

Feagles :cheers: this ones for you.

I was thinking the other day after the Dallas game...Feagles is quite the asset to the team, it's not to often you know your punter is going to come in and consistently put the opposing teams O inside their own 20. The guy has been money for us since the day we signed him and even though he has only been a Giant for a short time it's going to suck not seeing him come out and punt for us. Sure we will probably get some punter who can boot it down the field farther then Feagles but no one will ever come as close to the accuracy Feagles has. Coming out in a stadium like the Giants and being able to punt in it with ease where other kickers/punters complain about the wind, just solidifies him as one of the best punters in NFL history.

In my opinion he has to atleast be a consideration for the HoF someday, he may not get in but he should atleast make a ballot or two. I wonder if there any chance if the Giants will honor him in some way when he does retire and he will retire as a Giant.

So this is just an appreciation thread for the old GOAT who doesnt get the most attention and is one of the many reasons why we still continue to dominate teams.

Feagles :cheers: this ones for you.

He's not going to get to the hall of fame, because he doesn't have the stats and those count for the HOF. I think Jeff will be satisfied with the fact that after all these years, his decision to come back last year worked out so well for him. And I think the fact he's the special teams captain is gratification enough, he knows the team appreciates him.

Plus, when they were getting the trophy last year, I believe he was up on the podium, which says a lot, since the others were Strahan and Eli. The team thinks highly of him.

He's not going to get to the hall of fame, because he doesn't have the stats and those count for the HOF. I think Jeff will be satisfied with the fact that after all these years, his decision to come back last year worked out so well for him. And I think the fact he's the special teams captain is gratification enough, he knows the team appreciates him.

I dont know, I never said he would get in but he has some pretty decent stats on his career.

Through the end of the 2007 NFL season, Feagles holds the following NFL records:

* Most consecutive games played, career: 320 (streak still active)

* Most punts, career: 1,585

* Most punts inside the 20, career: 508

* Most punting yards, career: 65,793

Probably wont get in.

But still lets appreciate him all the same.

I dont know, I never said he would get in but he has some pretty decent stats on his career.

Through the end of the 2007 NFL season, Feagles holds the following NFL records:

* Most consecutive games played, career: 320 (streak still active)

* Most punts, career: 1,585

* Most punts inside the 20, career: 508

* Most punting yards, career: 65,793

Probably wont get in.

But still lets appreciate him all the same.

I absolutely do, I started topics about him before like this, I said 2 years ago that one of the biggest moves we made in the offseason was resigning him. He's absolutely money.

By the way, how fast are you, I edited my post and here you are quoting me before I finished.

Punters don't get into the hof. They don't win football games for the most part.

Sure they help, but good punts or not, a defense still has to stand and an offense still has to score.

I do appreciate Feagles tho.

The problem in general with the NFL HOF is that football is very much a team sport; probably the most team sport. Many busts could have probably done very well on another team while HOFs would have floundered on the wrong team. It's too bad that certain positions aren't glamorous enough and don't get the recognition they deserve. Pinning an O I am sure has definitely won games for the Giants but it just doesn't seem that way when the D has to eventually make the stop. I remember seeing statistics once while watching a game and the chance a team goes the length of the field and scores is very low, like 8%. Since this is an average then even bad Ds have a good chance of stopping a team when they have to go 90 yards.

The problem in general with the NFL HOF is that football is very much a team sport; probably the most team sport. Many busts could have probably done very well on another team while HOFs would have floundered on the wrong team. It's too bad that certain positions aren't glamorous enough and don't get the recognition they deserve. Pinning an O I am sure has definitely won games for the Giants but it just doesn't seem that way when the D has to eventually make the stop. I remember seeing statistics once while watching a game and the chance a team goes the length of the field and scores is very low, like 8%. Since this is an average then even bad Ds have a good chance of stopping a team when they have to go 90 yards.

Yes but punters don't kick the ball 90 yards. How did the punter get close enough to pin the team inside the ten?

I agree somewhat, but let's not go so far to say a punter wins games. They help, yes indeed.

And if a punter ever does get into the hof, it will be Feagles or Guy. Feagles a more deserving stat-wise.

I wish he could punt the ball farther than 40 yards though...

yeah, but fortunately, our offense is rarely pinned deep in their own territory when they have to punt...so his 40 yard punts more often than not leave the other team around their own 30 after the return.