SportsWrath

POWER RANKINGS

jerseygiantfan

Not sure if being the media favorite is a good thing or a bad thing

It's really more of an ongoing tongue in cheek weekly thread here.

I dont like this number one stuff..... any time the media gets behind us we fuck up and loose.

Honestly, I get the feeling they have us number one by default, because they only like us a little more than the Titans. They're waiting for that first loss to drop us to 15.

like applebutter?

the dog is a tad spent on the whole being the media favorite impacts the giants negatively...if it is true, then perhaps it is a team that traditionally folds under pressure, and that seems highly unlikely to happen time and time again...

like applebutter?

the dog is a tad spent on the whole being the media favorite impacts the giants negatively...if it is true, then perhaps it is a team that traditionally folds under pressure, and that seems highly unlikely to happen time and time again...

I dont know about you, but applebutter sounds good. :)

Antonio Pierce is doing a great job of keeping the Giants grounded, I think. Everyday I read a comment by him in which he finds something that someone said or did to put down the Giants recently, or he just reminds everyone that last year is last year, and they've won nothing this year.

There is a player on the Browns who played for GB last year, and he took a swipe at Jacobs and the Giants' O-line, saying "there's nothing physical about em". I'm sure they'll show him how physical they can be. :TU:

I dont like this number one stuff..... any time the media gets behind us we fuck up and loose.

I don't know about that. Lately we've been breaking a lot of bad habits... no more losing to bad teams.. no more dumb penalties.. no more unnamed source, no more losing after a bye... eh.. I'm comfortable with #1.. except I don't think we've played anyone yet.

I don't know about that. Lately we've been breaking a lot of bad habits... no more losing to bad teams.. no more dumb penalties.. no more unnamed source, no more losing after a bye... eh.. I'm comfortable with #1.. except I don't think we've played anyone yet.

Who has? But we did give the Skins their only loss so far, and they and Seattle were both playoff teams just 9 months ago. The Browns won 10 games last year. I have this debate with a friend who suddenly is a Dallas fan and I have been telling him the Giants have not been squeaking by against these so called inferior teams, they have blown the doors of 2 of them, and dominated Washington for most of that game, too. Of course, he comes back with the Washington being confused excuse (new coach etc..). What? They figured it out just a week later?!

Who has? But we did give the Skins their only loss so far, and they and Seattle were both playoff teams just 9 months ago. The Browns won 10 games last year. I have this debate with a friend who suddenly is a Dallas fan and I have been telling him the Giants have not been squeaking by against these so called inferior teams, they have blown the doors of 2 of them, and dominated Washington for most of that game, too. Of course, he comes back with the Washington being confused excuse (new coach etc..). What? They figured it out just a week later?!

..Actually yes..they did. Zorny looked lost on the sidelines during our week one match up and the team was just uninspired and you could see it. Their last four games have shown me the team that we played in week one is no longer the same team, it's going to be a more physical match in DC.

..Actually yes..they did. Zorny looked lost on the sidelines during our week one match up and the team was just uninspired and you could see it. Their last four games have shown me the team that we played in week one is no longer the same team, it's going to be a more physical match in DC.

Come on. Even the dregs are inspired for the opening game of a fresh, new season. I think they were just overmatched. Of course, every team has the chance to get better as the season goes on, but I just don't buy that in Week 1 they were a bad team and then all of a sudden in Week 2, they became an NFC East powerhouse. It's all just a way of slighting the Giants, and I hope people keep doing it, because they feed off it and it keeps them hungry.

Come on. Even the dregs are inspired for the opening game of a fresh, new season. I think they were just overmatched. Of course, every team has the chance to get better as the season goes on, but I just don't buy that in Week 1 they were a bad team and then all of a sudden in Week 2, they became an NFC East powerhouse. It's all just a way of slighting the Giants, and I hope people keep doing it, because they feed off it and it keeps them hungry.

Yeah they were overmatched in week one, but to say they are the same 'Skins we met in that first week is just preposterous.

Yeah they were overmatched in week one, but to say they are the same 'Skins we met in that first week is just preposterous.

I'm saying they are the same team that steamrolled into the playoffs in the 2nd half last year, and are 4-1 this year, and the Giants handled them pretty easily, yet people are saying the Skins weren't the Skins yet. :rolleyes:

Well I'd like us to remain grounded. The teams we've played so far are not playoff bound.. unless you count the skins which have gotten it together after our game. That's the argument against us being #1.. the argument for us being #1 is: Who should be #1 then?

ok, ok...the dog will argue that the redskins aren't the same team now that they were week 1 or for 3 quaters of week 3...feel better? not so "slighted"? The dog sure hopes so...

Yeah, fuck em. ;)