SportsWrath

Kudos to Gilbride.

Sephiroth

We like to complain on here (and rightfully so many times) that Gilbride doesn't make a whole lotta second half adjustments. Well, let's give him some props when he does.

With the game still tight in the beginning of the second, KG seemed to be calling an awful lot of four-WR sets that isolated Hixon in one-on-one coverage. Also, inserting Bradshaw at the end of the game was the perfect "change of pace" back the Giants really needed... and his two TDs basically sealed it for us. We just clobbered 'em at the end. It was nice to see our OC move away from the power and TE sets and into four WRs to change things up a bit since we actually have the personnel this year to run that kinda stuff.

Let's hear it for KG! :clap:

Yeah when we got rid of Shockey I knew we were going to have to change up our normal play calling and our different O formations.

It's nice to see the 4WR sets and using our RBs to their fullest. He could of easily just stuck with Boss and Matthews in the game but taken them out and running the WR heavy sets is a nice change of pace. Now teams have to worry about us coming out in 5WR sets and not just our running game.

I was very critical of Gilbride game one against the Skins. In reality, I just don't know if it was the Skins D or some bad play calling. I think it is a little bit of both. This game, Gilbride did not go conservative and went for the jugular in the 4th.

I give Gilbride kudos. Very nice mixing up of plays and stayed aggressive right to the end for a change. To be a great OC (in my opinion anyway), one needs to be able to change game plans on the fly after figuring the defense out....and then keep playing "real football" right to the end. Hopefully, Gilbride continues what he did yesterday.