SportsWrath

Gameday Thread: Season Opener

BronxRik

What I get from this game.

Our D has alot of depth...I mean we had backup DBs in the game, backup Dline. They played extremely well in my opnion.

....Our O.....Well we seen what it can do on the first couple of drive...but decided to play like shit the rest of the game. I'm sure once we get the kinks out we will be alright. Who would of though Eli had the first rushing TD of the year?

You could say one of two things depending on your view.

1. We won but we played like shit.

2. We played like shit but we won.

Our tight end was invisible throughout the entire game. Getting rid of Jeremy Shockey is going to make every game this season like this one. No Super Bowl in 2009 because of stupidity by Giants management.

You could say one of two things depending on your view.

1. We won but we played like shit.

2. We played like shit but we won.

It seems like the Giants were just going through the motions. Maybe they'll get more hyped for the Cowboys or something. I also found myself not emotional either which is fucking weird. I was confident they were going to win. Maybe they were too and they didn't even give 100%.

Our tight end was invisible throughout the entire game. Getting rid of Jeremy Shockey is going to make every game this season like this one. No Super Bowl in 2009 because of stupidity by Giants management.

Step away from the keyboard.

Kiwi walked off. So hopefully nothing serious. Samuels needs to be reminded of what he did next time we play him.

Anyway, a win is a win. We could have played better on offense and honestly if we play like that all the time we wont many games. Defense is stellar.

1-0 guys. Here's to a good season.

Kiwi walked off. So hopefully nothing serious. Samuels needs to be reminded of what he did next time we play him.

Anyway, a win is a win. We could have played better on offense and honestly if we play like that all the time we wont many games. Defense is stellar.

1-0 guys. Here's to a good season.

HERE HERE :TU:

I just hope people like Wynn and McDougle can really step up. We're going to need them.

The defense for the most part played well. If last season is any indication they'll get better.

They were rotated in I believe, I remember seeing McDougle on during the final plays of the game. I noticed we rotated on alot of D players...keep all of them fresh.

Well it was the first full game of the season for all of the guys, so it was bound to get a little sloppy at the end. It almost always seems whichever team dominates the first half struggles in the second. We pretty much dominated the entire first half of the game, but still have the problem of punching the ball in when inside the 15, like we do every year. The second half was just a sloppy half to survive the game.

If the O could get it in the endzone when they were hot the game would have been 24-7 at the half. Not terrible, but definately a lot of room for improvement.

Mathias Kiwanuka is fine after opening injury

OK, everybody take a deep breath and relax. Mathias Kiwanuka is fine.

I was already in the tunnel under the stadium when I heard he was injured on the last play of the Giants 16-7 win tonight, and I saw him walking gingerly toward the X-Ray room after the game with the trainers at his side. But he walked without a limp, both to that room and to the locker room.

And when he returned, he said he was “OK.”

Kiwanuka said he felt someone fall onto his leg, and he had a few flashbacks to late last season when he broke his left fibula and his season ended in the 10th game.

WHAT A DRIVE to open the season...... :clap:

By the way its nice to hear the Stadium Noise a rocking it's been a long time to since I heard it :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I was shocked at how live the place was.. my goodness I'd have to go back to that playoff game against the vikes where we beat them 41-0..

The good :TU: :

- Tuck and Kiwi look like they can handle the load left by Strahan and Osi

- O-Line looked sharp most of the time

- Burress looks like he's sharper than last year

- Jacobs looks like he's on a mission

- Secondary looks greatly improved

- All the WR's looked very good

- NO INJURIES

The bad :TD: :

- Everything looked a little out of sync

- No significant TE play

- Sloppy play in second half

- Special teams missed a lot of tackles

- Some dumb penalties

The Ugly :puke: :

- Under pressure, instead of throwing it away, Eli chucked the ball to a wide open defender

- The bullshit fight in which Pierce got face butted with a face mask :chair:

-----------------------------

Hey.....we got win number one and it's in our own division! And to the best of my knowledge, no serious injuries.

Shockey was going to bring us down this year. Distractions, bitching and moaning, there was no way we couldve kept him.

How do you think shockey wouldve reacted if that was him Eli overthrew on that pick?

Shockey was going to bring us down this year. Distractions, bitching and moaning, there was no way we couldve kept him.

How do you think shockey wouldve reacted if that was him Eli overthrew on that pick?