SportsWrath

Things That Helped The Giants Win The Superbowl That We Hadn't Seen In Past Years...

Your forgetting the fact that most 4th year players (3 years as starter) didn't bring their team to three straight playoff appearances (when was the last time the Giants did this?), they don't usually win superbowls, they don't usually have great 4th quarter comebacks, they NEVER beat Brett favre at his house in the playoffs, the don't play flawless postseason games with no interceptions, they don't escape three sacks and save their team in the superbowl, they don't consistently throw for 20 touchdowns a year, etc... . Eli is special - face it haters.

Oh Jesus Christ. I say one thing detrimental to Eli and I get labeled a "Eli hater."

Get read dude, most of the people here know I supported Eli through everything.

I think Rodney Harrison (Or Merriweather)drop another one on that same drive. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

It's always better and in the playoffs even more so. Almost every team has to have a few lucky breaks to win the SB. Very few teams dominate every game in the playoffs, That's why mistakes are huge and Eli playing almost mistake free football is a big reason why. It's the little details that kill you in the playoffs and Coughlin always stressed that so credit goes to him too. Of course you have to be lucky to be good and good to be lucky.

because kiwi hasn't done anything to deserve one. i guarantee you next or a year later if he explodes he'll be asking for a new deal.

Well and if we let anyone who has a good year just whine about a new deal, then we're opening the flood gates... The way I see it, a player must honor what he signed the dotted line for. If the team renegotiate his deal 1 or 2 years before the current deal is up then it's icing on the cake.

Well and if we let anyone who has a good year just whine about a new deal, then we're opening the flood gates... The way I see it, a player must honor what he signed the dotted line for. If the team renegotiate his deal 1 or 2 years before the current deal is up then it's icing on the cake.

Nas:

Burress (IMO) just wanted an extension to REMAIN a Giant. In these days, let's just say Burress get cut by the Giants in 2009. Then Burress is left out there with a TWO year deal which would have just ONE year left on it. What if NO ONE picks up Burress??? Also, what is wrong with a top 10 reciever getting an EXTENSION? I am glad Burress wants to remain a Giant...and IF and when the Giants grant him an extension...it shows that the Org wants Burress and it shows that Burress wants to remain a Giant past 2010. I see very little wrong with that.

Nas:

Burress (IMO) just wanted an extension to REMAIN a Giant. In these days, let's just say Burress get cut by the Giants in 2009. Then Burress is left out there with a TWO year deal which would have just ONE year left on it. What if NO ONE picks up Burress??? Also, what is wrong with a top 10 reciever getting an EXTENSION? I am glad Burress wants to remain a Giant...and IF and when the Giants grant him an extension...it shows that the Org wants Burress and it shows that Burress wants to remain a Giant past 2010. I see very little wrong with that.

There's NOTHING wrong with him remaining a Giant. I've made that clear already. The problem is he wants MORE money as though he didn't sign the dotted line for his existing contract. Why would the Giants cut Plax unless he stinks up the joint?

Now, is Plax afraid his 2007 performance was a mere aberration? Is he really afraind he's going to get cut? I doubt it.. it's about greed... and ego.

There's NOTHING wrong with him remaining a Giant. I've made that clear already. The problem is he wants MORE money as though he didn't sign the dotted line for his existing contract. Why would the Giants cut Plax unless he stinks up the joint?

Now, is Plax afraid his 2007 performance was a mere aberration? Is he really afraind he's going to get cut? I doubt it.. it's about greed... and ego.

PAY THE GUY! He isn't asking for crazy money anyway. And again the key words are "J.P. Pelzman, of The Bergen Record, reports New York Giants WR Plaxico Burress thinks he will reach a contract extension with the team very soon and wants to remain with the Giants for the rest of his career. 'I want to finish up here. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm very happy here with the guys I've played with and the chemistry we have,' Burress said"

Again, you rather see Burress' contract run out in 2010, then possibly lose Burress to another team who will overpay for him?? Then the Giants are left with looking for another big time WR who will want mega bucks. PAY THAT to Burress by extending his contract. Burress is young and wants to be here!!! If the Giants aren't gonna sign him to an extension, it says to me that they don't want him...but I do believe Burress will get a slight raise AND an extension. Which is cool to me!

"Plus NFL contracts are bogus. It's really the signing bonus that matters. They can release you at anytime and not pay you your full amount anyway." TRUE or FALSE

"So - maybe Giants could extend his contract 2-3 years, give him a signing bonus that will spread the load out so it won't kill us cap-wise." TRUE or FALSE

"On March 17, 2005, he signed a six-year, $25 million contract with the New York Giants. Burress is scheduled to make $3.25 million this season and $7.25 million in the next two years."

Now would it be too much for you to get this dude locked up at 5 mil a year for 5 more years???

I hate admitting I was ready to jump off. Midway thru the Bears game, I was ready to leave, and write Eli off as a bust. Even though I kept telling all the Eli haters that he's only in his 3rd year as a starter, I was disgusted by the first 3 qtrs of the Bears game. But when it comes to clutch, thats Eli's middle name. Thats what continued to give me hope.

I was at the same point, first time I've ever actually stopped watching a game in the middle.. i eventually turned it back on to see the end but was still even after the W thinking that the season was still going to end in dissapointment. I think that was the most negative I have been ever about the Giants.

As for the superbowl, I felt it was almost a karma thing. I was born only about 1 and 1/2 when the Giants beat the Bills in the Superbowl so all my experiences have been relatively negative, the only great thing I can remember is being at the 2000 NFCCG 41-0, but back to my point... I've gone to about 3-4 games every year since I can remember and I have seen A LOT of shitty games. the first bad one i remember was giants/cowboys on MNF i think the giants lost 31-7 (the game where deion had that PR) and i remember just seeing cowboys fans everywhere. I remember being at a MNF game against atlanta during the kent graham days (got killed), the bears SNF game 2 years ago (hester's return) and the philly game 2 years ago, the vikings game this year and the one a few years ago where they got like 3 returns, the carolina playoff game 2 years ago, the 2004 campaign i was at all 3 terrible losses down the stretch (bears, lions, someone else?)... i remember sitting in the stands at ALL those games in the 4th quarter thinking that SOMETIME in my life things would come together, and that SOMETIME there haddd to be a season where the giants wouldn't let me down and everything would work out. i sure as hell didn't think it would be this year especially after the bears game... but I just remember sitting down wathing the SB postgame thinking exactly what i had hoped every since I can remember had actually come true... and i'll never forget that :cwy:

PAY THE GUY! He isn't asking for crazy money anyway. And again the key words are "J.P. Pelzman, of The Bergen Record, reports New York Giants WR Plaxico Burress thinks he will reach a contract extension with the team very soon and wants to remain with the Giants for the rest of his career. 'I want to finish up here. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm very happy here with the guys I've played with and the chemistry we have,' Burress said"

Again, you rather see Burress' contract run out in 2010, then possibly lose Burress to another team who will overpay for him?? Then the Giants are left with looking for another big time WR who will want mega bucks. PAY THAT to Burress by extending his contract. Burress is young and wants to be here!!! If the Giants aren't gonna sign him to an extension, it says to me that they don't want him...but I do believe Burress will get a slight raise AND an extension. Which is cool to me!

I didn't say it has to run till 2010. But a year from now is more like it.

Ans for the second bolded sentence: As a GM, I agree with this move :D

I was at the same point, first time I've ever actually stopped watching a game in the middle.. i eventually turned it back on to see the end but was still even after the W thinking that the season was still going to end in dissapointment. I think that was the most negative I have been ever about the Giants.

As for the superbowl, I felt it was almost a karma thing. I was born only about 1 and 1/2 when the Giants beat the Bills in the Superbowl so all my experiences have been relatively negative, the only great thing I can remember is being at the 2000 NFCCG 41-0, but back to my point... I've gone to about 3-4 games every year since I can remember and I have seen A LOT of shitty games. the first bad one i remember was giants/cowboys on MNF i think the giants lost 31-7 (the game where deion had that PR) and i remember just seeing cowboys fans everywhere. I remember being at a MNF game against atlanta during the kent graham days (got killed), the bears SNF game 2 years ago (hester's return) and the philly game 2 years ago, the vikings game this year and the one a few years ago where they got like 3 returns, the carolina playoff game 2 years ago, the 2004 campaign i was at all 3 terrible losses down the stretch (bears, lions, someone else?)... i remember sitting in the stands at ALL those games in the 4th quarter thinking that SOMETIME in my life things would come together, and that SOMETIME there haddd to be a season where the giants wouldn't let me down and everything would work out. i sure as hell didn't think it would be this year especially after the bears game... but I just remember sitting down wathing the SB postgame thinking exactly what i had hoped every since I can remember had actually come true... and i'll never forget that :cwy:

That's why Nas remains the single voice of reason on this board. :mellow:

Disclaimer: Offer only valid on the third Sunday of every month, between nine and ten pm only. You must be educated, gorgeous, have a sense of humor, intelligent and most importantly of the opposite sex. :D

I have been at some bad one's as well - The playoff meltdown to the Vikings where we lost the game when we failed to recover their onsides kick, the bears game last year, the sehorn's pants falling down game vs the lions, giants philly playoff game in philly last year, redskins game this year, the game against dallas where simms threw the halftime pass to LT, the ravens superbowl win, etc... . I did happen to be at the vikings giants 41-0 NFC champ. game though. That was the best game I have ever been to. The stadium was rocking. 14-0 before the Viks even started their first posession. <_<

How can you value his word when he won't even honour a written contract?

Well again IF he wants to be signed up for a LONGER contract...I'd say yea!!! Reguardless, Burress is a Giant for a few more years and about to 'remain' a Giant when this contract gets worked out.