SportsWrath

TOp 10 Pass Rushers if Strahan retires

Despite serving a two-game league suspension for violating the substance abuse policy, Allen led the league with 15½ sacks in 14 games.

He has an incredible motor and tries to get to the quarterback every play. Expect Allen to lead the league in sacks a few more times before his career is over. There is no doubt the Vikings just acquired the most dominant pass-rusher in the NFL.

Coud it be that incredible motor has something to do with the substance he abused? :confused:

he should atleast be ahead of Mario Williams.

I think he should be #2 on that list behind Freeney. Are they guessing on the future? Because Jared Allen has had one good year, and I dont know if Williams has had a good yr yet. Didnt some other Texans' end show Williams up the year he was drafted? Demecco Ryans?

I think he should be #2 on that list behind Freeney. Are they guessing on the future? Because Jared Allen has had one good year, and I dont know if Williams has had a good yr yet. Didnt some other Texans' end show Williams up the year he was drafted? Demecco Ryans?

Why? Because he had six sacks in one game? Like the article said, Osi needs to be

more consistent in his play...he had 7 the rest of the year.

And Allen has more than one good year.

Demeco Ryans is a linebacker.

Why? Because he had six sacks in one game? Like the article said, Osi needs to be

Really? Allen had more than one good year? Hmm, I wonder why they talk about Osi more, I've never heard of Allen before this year. And if Ryans is a LB and he was all the talk of the Texans when M Williams was picked ahead of Bush, doesnt say alot for Williams. So again, I ask, is this based on what they will do for the future?

And partially, yes, because Osi had 6 in a game. Even if he had only 2 the rest of the way, thats remarkable. And he's been doing it longer than any up there besides Freeney. He led, or was tied for the league in sacks a couple years back.

Really? Allen had more than one good year? Hmm, I wonder why they talk about Osi more, I've never heard of Allen before this year. And if Ryans is a LB and he was all the talk of the Texans when M Williams was picked ahead of Bush, doesnt say alot for Williams. So again, I ask, is this based on what they will do for the future?

And partially, yes, because Osi had 6 in a game. Even if he had only 2 the rest of the way, thats remarkable. And he's been doing it longer than any up there besides Freeney. He led, or was tied for the league in sacks a couple years back.

Because it's easier to adapt in the NFL as a linebacker than a defensive end?

And it seems passing over Reggie Bush was probably one of the smartest move

ever, Bush is overrated.

Because it's easier to adapt in the NFL as a linebacker than a defensive end?

And it seems passing over Reggie Bush was probably one of the smartest move

ever, Bush is overrated.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, aint it? My point is, which one of those top 4 DE's has been a top DE in the league longer than OSI besides maybe Freeny?

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, aint it? My point is, which one of those top 4 DE's has been a top DE in the league longer than OSI besides maybe Freeny?

It doesn't matter. Allen and Mario are more of pass rushing forces than Osi because of their various pass rushes. I know that Osi has done the bull rush before but Allen and Mario pose much more of a threat because of their versatility off the edge.

Towards the end of the year there were countless times where Osi just sprinted off the edge and the QB just stepped up and Osi had no impact on the play. He still has some work to do in crafting his pass rushing art.

Isn't Sean Merriman, too? Pass rusher does not just mean DE...

It doesn't matter. Allen and Mario are more of pass rushing forces than Osi because of their various pass rushes. I know that Osi has done the bull rush before but Allen and Mario pose much more of a threat because of their versatility off the edge.

Towards the end of the year there were countless times where Osi just sprinted off the edge and the QB just stepped up and Osi had no impact on the play. He still has some work to do in crafting his pass rushing art.

OK, I just checked stats, and Allen's are comparable to Osi's. Didnt know that. But Williams is only gonna enter his 3rd year and his first yr was horrendous. Freeny's stats are better than all of them. So, are these projections? And Osi does more than just the bull rush. He's fast as hell and sometimes the QB just stepping up can avoid that. But the QB hasnt avoided that more times than not. Consider all the pass rushing DE's we have, and Osi still gets back there as much as he does and still recorded all those sacks. Allen and Williams are all their respective teams got. I know I sound partial, but its true. As of currently, all things considered, it should go Freeny, Osi, Allen, hell, I'd even put Ware in there before Williams. He hasnt even proven himself for more than a year.

Lets not forget Allen was on a contract year last year. It is a statistical fact players play harder and seemingly do better during their contract years.

And Allen will still look pretty good, if not damn good next year. Minnesota has a sick pair of tackles and a pretty good defense.

You could consider Osi as high as 3 or as low as 6-7. It's a fair assessment. I think Freeney is on his way down.

But again, maybe I'm biased because I like the kid, but Tuck is better than "special consideration". He's been a beast and since he's technically playing out position it makes what he's doing more impressive. He changed the tone of more games this on his own, more than Stra and more than Osi.

And to fill his spot on the special consideration list, should be none other than Kiwi, Kiwi is a great speed rusher, and with more experience could be devastating. He's got LT type speed.

You could consider Osi as high as 3 or as low as 6-7. It's a fair assessment. I think Freeney is on his way down.

But again, maybe I'm biased because I like the kid, but Tuck is better than "special consideration". He's been a beast and since he's technically playing out position it makes what he's doing more impressive. He changed the tone of more games this on his own, more than Stra and more than Osi.

And to fill his spot on the special consideration list, should be none other than Kiwi, Kiwi is a great speed rusher, and with more experience could be devastating. He's got LT type speed.

IMO, Tuck will be the best when its all said and done.

Yes, I went there. ;)

I don't know about being the best, that's big expectations.

I expect big things from Tuck. Seriously though, that guy gives me an LT type feeling when he's out there. Not position wise obviously, but domination wise. He comes off the bench and just annhilates opposing Olines.

Oh no I didnt....Oh yes I did! Oh no I didnt! OH YES I DID!!!!!! :P

I really think that is the scoutting report on Osi. Basically he has just one first move and you tell your QB to just step up inside of his rush and the lane he vacated should be wide open.

I expect big things from Tuck. Seriously though, that guy gives me an LT type feeling when he's out there. Not position wise obviously, but domination wise. He comes off the bench and just annhilates opposing Olines.

Oh no I didnt....Oh yes I did! Oh no I didnt! OH YES I DID!!!!!! :P

I agree...Tuck is one of those Manimals that just plays the game with every fiber of his being. I see disruption of the O on just about every play he is in on. Remember Tuck was sucking wind when the Cheatriots scored their go ahead touchdown. He was like a vacuum cleaner trying to inhale enough oxygen on the sideline. But on their last series he just willed himself back into domination mode.

I really think that is the scoutting report on Osi. Basically he has just one first move and you tell your QB to just step up inside of his rush and the lane he vacated should be wide open.

True, but dont you think coaches have already told thier QB's that when facing Osi? And he still wreaks havoc. If you only have one move, and it works really well, thats all you need to be dominant. Not that he's reached dominance status yet, but he'll get there his way. Regardless of how many moves he has, Im sure opposing coaches game plan for him.

OK, I just checked stats, and Allen's are comparable to Osi's. Didnt know that. But Williams is only gonna enter his 3rd year and his first yr was horrendous. Freeny's stats are better than all of them. So, are these projections? And Osi does more than just the bull rush. He's fast as hell and sometimes the QB just stepping up can avoid that. But the QB hasnt avoided that more times than not. Consider all the pass rushing DE's we have, and Osi still gets back there as much as he does and still recorded all those sacks. Allen and Williams are all their respective teams got. I know I sound partial, but its true. As of currently, all things considered, it should go Freeny, Osi, Allen, hell, I'd even put Ware in there before Williams. He hasnt even proven himself for more than a year.

I'm not talking stats. The topic is best pass rushers, and sometimes stats don't tell that whole story. Teams dont fear Osi as much as Mario and Allen. Not to take away from Osi's great past few years but he's also been the beneficiary of something Mario and Allen haven't, a top notch pass rusher opposite him.

We're not talking about proving himself over a long string of time, it's who is the best pass rusher skill wise. I think Allen and Mario have Osi beat in that.

What I said was Osi doesn't do enough bull rushing.

Which was why a dominant pass rushing DT as Tuck was down the stretch became so valuable.