SportsWrath

whats this shit i hear about not resigning jacobs

ccase39

Well, he and the team have to agree to terms. As is the case with any contract negotation, that might not happen. While he wants to cash in, the Giants want to see him stay healthy for an entire season and improve his ball security before they offer him a lucrative contract...

Um he has a contract for this season why is this a topic? And if he thinks he should get paid more now....dude you have not played a whole season as a starter yet.

Seriously the players wield way too much power. Their bitchy attitudes are starting to piss me off.

Um he has a contract for this season why is this a topic? And if he thinks he should get paid more now....dude you have not played a whole season as a starter yet.

Seriously the players wield way too much power. Their bitchy attitudes are starting to piss me off.

Jacobs has every right to be thinking about his contract right now. He's only had one contract and that was his rookie one for a 4th round pick. He has proven to be a legitimate back and he knows especially with him he's one play away from never getting that contract.

If there was ever a player who had a right to be agressive in negotiations right now it would be Jacobs. He has no choice.

Jacobs has every right to be thinking about his contract right now. He's only had one contract and that was his rookie one for a 4th round pick. He has proven to be a legitimate back and he knows especially with him he's one play away from never getting that contract.

If there was ever a player who had a right to be agressive in negotiations right now it would be Jacobs. He has no choice.

Umm the fact that he has yet to stay healthy when he's the starting RB and also the fact that we have three other RBs who can fill his role and also a RB in Bradshaw who out preformed him in the preseason. He's in no position at all to be aggressive and negotiate, he should realize if he plays the whole "oh you need me" type of B.S. his ass is going into the free agent market.

Umm the fact that he has yet to stay healthy when he's the starting RB and also the fact that we have three other RBs who can fill his role and also a RB in Bradshaw who out preformed him in the preseason. He's in no position at all to be aggressive and negotiate, he should realize if he plays the whole "oh you need me" type of B.S. his ass is going into the free agent market.

You're right and the Giants are going to point to that for leverage on their side in the negotiations. Jacobs side will point to the fact he is one of 5 backs in NFL history to get 1000 yards in 10 games, and that his injuries were all freakish and he'll be able to sustain a larger workload and still be as effective.

Such is the art of the negotiation for a player.

When these guys sniff a big payday, they go after it. In this case I have no problem with it.

You're right and the Giants are going to point to that for leverage on their side in the negotiations. Jacobs side will point to the fact he is one of 5 backs in NFL history to get 1000 yards in 10 games, and that his injuries were all freakish and he'll be able to sustain a larger workload and still be as effective.

Such is the art of the negotiation for a player.

When these guys sniff a big payday, they go after it. In this case I have no problem with it.

It's a topic because signing players before their walk years is a smart way to procure their highyl demanded services. The Giants have been particularly active in this regard, signing Diehl, Osi, Shockey, and Tuck before they came remotely close to reaching the open market and consequently inflating their value.

I would strongly disagree about players holding too much power. Considering their contracts aren't guaranteed, they play a sport with an average career length of two years, and playing in the NFL shaves 12 years off one's life expectancy, I cannot fault them for securing the best possible contract for themselves while they still carry value...

I would strongly disagree about players holding too much power. Considering their contracts aren't guaranteed, they play a sport with an average career length of two years, and playing in the NFL shaves 12 years off one's life expectancy, I cannot fault them for securing the best possible contract for themselves while they still carry value...

And not once did anyone hold a gun to their heads forcing them to play football. I can understand their wanting more money now, but I also understand ownership being hesitant to give big bucks to a question mark.

And now you have retards like Chad Johnson holding out and saying he won't even play, demanding a trade. And it isn't even for money. And when the Bengals say "Hell fucking no we aren't trading you and taking on an 8 million cap hit!" along with "No not even for two 1st round picks are we trading you." almost every media story I have read is "The Bengals are morons for not trading Chad."

If he stays healthy he's worth it. I heard a crazy stat stating that only 5 FL RB's have rushed for 1,000 yards in 11 games. I forget where i saw it., and im sorry I cant provide a link. Oh i know, if you havethe Giants SI SB issue, its in the back of the magazine.

And not once did anyone hold a gun to their heads forcing them to play football. I can understand their wanting more money now, but I also understand ownership being hesitant to give big bucks to a question mark.

And now you have retards like Chad Johnson holding out and saying he won't even play, demanding a trade. And it isn't even for money. And when the Bengals say "Hell fucking no we aren't trading you and taking on an 8 million cap hit!" along with "No not even for two 1st round picks are we trading you." almost every media story I have read is "The Bengals are morons for not trading Chad."

Their reasons for playing football are inconsequential. Sure, they chose to pursue a career in football, but that doesn't change the economics factors that guide the sport.

Unlike other professions, Chad Johnson can't quit his job and seek work somewhere more favorable. If he doesn't want to play there, his only alternative is holding out. Doing so exposes him to fines for missed OTAs, and potentially costs him a year of his athletic prime. He's hardly the more powerful entity in his ongoing tift with the Bengals...

For a bruiser like Jacobs the thought of having his career end while still on a rookie's salary has to be prominent. I'd want a little insurance too and as a GM/Coach I wouldn't want him getting hesitant to throw himself into contact.

It is probably smart to give him a new contract now, the Giants are in a good negotiating position. At least better then next year when other teams can start offering him $. Would not want to loose him like Gibril to a team that is going to throw him a mountain on money.

Oh the love... :brooding:

How about he just wants to make sure he has a job and still living in the same state at the end of the season? He's a family man and needs to plan for his family. Haven't heard any numbers on what Jacobs is looking for so how about we wait before throwing him into the greedy pro athlete category.

If the players held any real power in the NFL, the owners would have folded up shop a long time ago.

*shrugs* Fuck him if he wants to get paid like a superstar back. He has yet to carry this team an entire season and with three other RBs on the roster he should realize his place.