SportsWrath

A Shockey Trade Deal Still Cooking?

BleedinBlue

Comparing anything that Amani Toomer has done or said to anything Shockey says is just plain foolish, comparing apples and bannas. I have no problem with either of them wanting the ball more, but to go to the front office and complain in season reeks of selfishness.

lol those aren't facts, thats innuendo at best. You have to wonder if this is a similar unnamed source that the Boston Herald found for its story on the Patriots taping the Rams super bowl walk through back in 2002.

I will challenge people to come up with facts because there is so far an incredible lack of it. Still looking for that one word from Shockey saying he wants out. If all anyone can find is that unnamed source or a friend of a friend, well then someone help Goodall find that tape.

Seriously, take a look at Chad Johnson for example. Is there any question in anyone's mind where he stands?

So I guess in your opinion none of this was real. There was no talk of a trade to the Saints, Rosenhaus did not go on NFL Live and state "Shockey is unhappy" and Shockey never ever privately complained to the team.

It is disgusting the blind love that Giants fans have for our players, but the double standard that exists for our opponents. If this were TO and the Cowboys, all of it would be credible and TO would be a jerkoff for it, but because its the great Jeremey Shockey we put on our big blue blinders and make like none of it is true.

Here is how I see it. Shockey has always been clearly a stupid man with a big mouth. He has said dumbass things from calling an opposing coach a "homo" to challenging his own coaches. This by the way does not make him an expendable player, it merely shows the hitory he has had in these matters. Is this stuff true? Yeah probably, where there is smoke there is fire. These beat writers do not spend 30 some odd weeks around this team and not be able to get information that is credible. Is it all? No probably not, is most of it? From a bear writer I would say yes.

I don't know if it was a poor pass. It might have been a strike. We'll never know since Urlacher picked it off before it could reach (or not reach) its intended target...

I'd say putting the ball in a defender's hands qualifies as a 'poor pass'.

The point is Shockey took a lot of shit for Eli's inconsistancy.

Great point Tree. :clap: People tend to forget this. The same people that want Shockey gone are the same people that wanted Eli gone. :doh: Nuff said. :TU:

Great point Tree. :clap: People tend to forget this. The same people that want Shockey gone are the same people that wanted Eli gone. :doh: Nuff said. :TU:

You did it! You found us out! Everyone that has ever said something negative about Shockey wants Eli gone too! I guess you figured out why: We're all super-secret cowboy operatives, trying to destroy the morale of Giants fans everywhere. Curses, foiled again!

Holy shit.

The defender wasn't supposed to be there. The pass was thrown with the expectation that Shockey would have lured Urlacher out of the middle of the field.

The defender wasn't supposed to be there. The pass was thrown with the expectation that Shockey would have lured Urlacher out of the middle of the field.

Money, Eli had time to change that pass and hit Shockey on the move if he wanted. Fact is, which was typical of bad Eli, was that when Eli focused on one play, he never deviated from it. So if the pass was due for Plaxico like you said, Urlacher probably never moved knowing full well what Eli's intention was. In which case it shouldn't have been thrown. The other option is Eli was trying to hit Shockey and threw behind him, which was something Eli has done numerous occasions. Either way, it's a bad throw, and we need to move on to blame Shockey for something else.

You did it! You found us out! Everyone that has ever said something negative about Shockey wants Eli gone too! I guess you figured out why: We're all super-secret cowboy operatives, trying to destroy the morale of Giants fans everywhere. Curses, foiled again!

Holy shit.

You're a Cowboy operative!!!. I knew that Fishgut reference has some meaning, thought it was Dolphins though.

:blink:

Not supposed to be there? It's not Shockey's fault that Urlacher was smart enough to watch what Eli was telegraphing. If the defender is in the way Eli needs to find a new fucking receiver, which as Booh mentioned was not one of his strong points last season.

Again, it was Eli's fault and Shockey somehow got saddled with the blame. Every half-assed commentator out there was talking about mis-run routes and 'not being on the same page' as Eli. For every "cut Eli" clown there was an 'Eli apologist' out there blaming the receivers for the QB's errors. Pure crap.

:blink:

Not supposed to be there? It's not Shockey's fault that Urlacher was smart enough to watch what Eli was telegraphing. If the defender is in the way Eli needs to find a new fucking receiver, which as Booh mentioned was not one of his strong points last season.

Again, it was Eli's fault and Shockey somehow got saddled with the blame. Every half-assed commentator out there was talking about mis-run routes and 'not being on the same page' as Eli. For every "cut Eli" clown there was an 'Eli apologist' out there blaming the receivers for the QB's errors. Pure crap.

Actually it was. Urlacher was guarding Shockey on the play, which is why people thought the pass was intended to Shockey on first viewing. For the play to be successul, Shockey was supposed to to clear out that area. Instead he sat down, expecting to be open and catch the pass.

On the field, things happen so fast that you can't account for all 11 defenders. The decision where to throw the ball is predicated on a number of reads and assumptions, and Eli threw the ball as Burress came out of his break. If Shockey made the correct read, Urlacher is vacating that area just as the ball is being thrown.

To your latter point, it's shared blame that varies on a case-by-case basis. Obviously...

As I recall it Eli is watching Plax and Ulacher is watching Eli watching Plax. No one's watching Shockey. He could have run to Siberia and it wouldn't have made the slightest difference.

Shockey and Urlacher were literally standing right next to one another (because Urlacher was guarding him), hence the misconception that Shockey was the intended target. By not having to chase Shockey anywhere, Urlacher was standing directly in the passing lane and looking right at the QB.

Shockey and Urlacher were literally standing right next to one another (because Urlacher was guarding him), hence the misconception that Shockey was the intended target. By not having to chase Shockey anywhere, Urlacher was standing directly in the passing lane and looking right at the QB.

Do you have a link to that vid?

The INT is in the vid.

It's tough to make out what was in the shot but from my angle Shockey ran hard out of his break and it looked like an 8 yard curl. Burress ran a tight post but he was actually covered pretty tighltly by the CB. So if hypothetically Urlacher wasn't there I don't think it would have been completed.

Man... what I'd do to be a fly in the room of the review of game film on Monday.

Instead of blaming Shockey for not clearing out Urlacher (if it was actually intended for Plax) Eli noticeably stared down the WR in the shot. At least from what I saw.

The INT is in the vid.

It's tough to make out what was in the shot but from my angle Shockey ran hard out of his break and it looked like an 8 yard curl. Burress ran a tight post but he was actually covered pretty tighltly by the CB. So if hypothetically Urlacher wasn't there I don't think it would have been completed.

Man... what I'd do to be a fly in the room of the review of game film on Monday.

Instead of blaming Shockey for not clearing out Urlacher (if it was actually intended for Plax) Eli noticeably stared down the WR in the shot. At least from what I saw.

It is hard, but it looks like he threw behind Shock.

Well, I would not go that far, but in reality if this is all we have to bitch about right now we are doing well.

true, true dat. I can't think of anything to bitch about, maybe for the exception of Shockey. We could instead bitch about Peter King's rankings and his slobbering job of the Pats again.

I'm sorry, but after watching the video, if you blame Shockey for that interception, you're being totally unreasonable. Here's how I put it, when Eli asks the Giants to rehash his role in the offense next season, then that INT will be Eli's fault.

I'm sorry, but after watching the video, if you blame Shockey for that interception, you're being totally unreasonable. Here's how I put it, when Eli asks the Giants to rehash his role in the offense next season, then that INT will be Eli's fault.

I think it's pretty clear that the pass was intended for Burress. It would have been a tough catch since Tillman was on top of him and the safety was closing fast, but the ball was picked off by a defender that should not have been there. That's been my point from the beginning...