SportsWrath

Kenny Phillips

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Should the Giants pick him at 31 if he's there (and he should be)? Theyre going to need a safety in the very near future and he is pretty talented...I know all the so called experts have us taking him at 31, just wanted to see what the consensus was on him from you guys...discuss

Shoudl the Giants pick him at 31 if he's there? Theyre going to need a safety in the very near futer and he is pretty talented...discuss

I like kenny Phillips... He has that Miami attitude on the field and none off it. So I wouldn't be overly upset if we drafted him.

I also would not be upset if we were able to dangle that pick at 31 to some of the potential early second round teams looking to move up to get a qb(henne, Flacco, Brohm)and wound up with Tyrell Johnson and another pick.

I also would not be upset if we were able to dangle that pick at 31 to some of the potential early second round teams looking to move up to get a qb(henne, Flacco, Brohm)and wound up with Tyrell Johnson and another pick.

I could'nt agree more!

I have been thinking about that myself. Miami and Atlanta both are qb needy and Atlanta could want to jump ahead of Miami to get their pick of whoever is left and they wouldn't even need to give up their #34th pick they have so many seconds.

I don't expect him to be there, that's why I didn't pick him in the other thread... but who knows... I think this draft on Saturday is going to be a very strange one.... lotta guys dropping low, lot of other guys going higher than we thought.

Anyway, i'd be happy with him aboard... i might have had him rated over Kelly.

Why are you so high on Kelly? His attitude problems alone scare me. "Wahhhh they made me run on a slow surface. They cost me millions!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!" The same surface Adrian Peterson ran a 4.37 or something.

I'd be pissed if I trained on a fast surface and then my college pulled the ole

switcharoo on him.

And Peterson ran that time at the combine. ;)

Should the Giants pick him at 31 if he's there (and he should be)? Theyre going to need a safety in the very near future and he is pretty talented...I know all the so called experts have us taking him at 31, just wanted to see what the consensus was on him from you guys...discuss

I would be happy to see Phillips in a Giants uniform at the start of the season. As I've mentioned in another thread, I prefer Tyrell Johnson, but I trust in Reese's, TC's, and Spag's insight over my own. One thing is for certain, we should be able to pick up a quality safety in this draft. If the Giants pass on a safety with their first pick, they should be able to pick up DaJuan Morgan (NC State) in the second if both Phillips and Johnson are gone (which is about 100% certain). Like Phillips, Morgan is also a junior, which in my opinion, is a bonus and he is another fast, hard-hitting, excellent safety.

I am not as high on Miami products as some other guys. Although they tend to churn out athletic players, the school has little or no discipline so it seems many of their players end up with attitude problems. Of course, that doesn't mean that Phillips has an attitude problem, but the school he comes from tends to make players believe they are prima donnas that deserve special treatment where rules apply to "other athletes". I prefer that "gym rat" type kid who doesn't think he's a prima donna and therefore constantly works to improve himself week after week, day after day, and hour after hour, never satisfied with his progress.

I'd be pissed if I trained on a fast surface and then my college pulled the ole

switcharoo on him.

And Peterson ran that time at the combine. ;)

Hmm I am going to have to go back and find where I read that info....you are definitely right though.

Either way I would chalk it up as a negative against him for opening his mouth and complaining, especially since his complaint was about it hurting his earning potential. And scouts do keep in mind what kind of surface you run on, so even though he ran a 4.68 they wouldn't say his 4.68 is exactly without any scaling be comparable to what someone ran on a track.

Hmm I am going to have to go back and find where I read that info....you are definitely right though.

Either way I would chalk it up as a negative against him for opening his mouth and complaining, especially since his complaint was about it hurting his earning potential. And scouts do keep in mind what kind of surface you run on, so even though he ran a 4.68 they wouldn't say his 4.68 is exactly without any scaling be comparable to what someone ran on a track.

It's all semantics anyway, because he ran two other 40's and ran a 4.61 both times.

He isn't a burner...but with Toomer and Plax getting into their 30's...I wouldn't mind

a tall target for Eli....and no Anthony Mix is not the answer nor was he ever.

I would be thrilled with him as our first round selection.

I think the Iggles in our Division go either Johnson or Phillips, they panicked last year when the Pats traded up to get Merriweather and took Kevin Kolb? anyways (i just like throwing shots at the Eagles anytime i can) we should get the one they don't pick if not i would not be overly dissapointed with DuJuan Morgan in the 2nd

I think the Iggles in our Division go either Johnson or Phillips, they panicked last year when the Pats traded up to get Merriweather and took Kevin Kolb? anyways (i just like throwing shots at the Eagles anytime i can) we should get the one they don't pick if not i would not be overly dissapointed with DuJuan Morgan in the 2nd

Taking Kolb was downright embarrassing. He is a nobody and did nothing to better them as a team. McNabb has another 3-5 years left and by taking a QB first they pretty much said "We can't trust you".

It's all semantics anyway, because he ran two other 40's and ran a 4.61 both times.

He isn't a burner...but with Toomer and Plax getting into their 30's...I wouldn't mind

a tall target for Eli....and no Anthony Mix is not the answer nor was he ever.

:unsure:

I thought he was. I liked him. Didnt see enough of him, so maybe you're right, but he reminded me of Plax in the little time I saw him.