SportsWrath

Pacman Jones to the Cowboys?

BleedinBlue

It seems that the Cowboys have nearly finalized a deal with Tennesee to bring "Pacman" Jones to Dallas.

How things have changed since Tom Landry turned over the reigns. It appears that the Cowboys (who during the Landry years were the class of the league) have virtually no character restrictions on who they'll put on that team to win. I suspect they'll be adding Vick once he's out of prison and any other player who has extreme character flaws.

The Cowboys have become as classless as their fans :TD:

It seems that the Cowboys have nearly finalized a deal with Tennesee to bring "Pacman" Jones to Dallas.

How things have changed since Tom Landry turned over the reigns. It appears that the Cowboys (who during the Landry years were the class of the league) have virtually no character restrictions on who they'll put on that team to win. I suspect they'll be adding Vick once he's out of prison and any other player who has extreme character flaws.

We're the world champs and we're the class of the league.... and we're America's team. And that's all that matters.

We're the world champs and we're the class of the league.... and we're America's team. And that's all that matters.

I believe we are a class act. But there are other class acts in the NFL....though few and far between. Dallas is definitely NOT one of them.

I hope we never get tagged as "America's Team". I hate that tag. Giants fans are a unique group of people from all walks of life who have stuck with the team through thick and thin. There will probably be a lot of bandwagon fans joining in after our Superbowl win....but most will fade away and pop up on the fan base of the next winning team. However, there will be a lot of young people who will become Giants fans because of our win and if they stick with the team no matter what....then 20, 30, 50 years from now....they will be just like us. As it stands though....I never want to be "America's Team".....it's "Our Team", the true Giants fans' team who have been here long before we had an inkling that we could be the national champion.

Excelent! Burn a pick on a guy that might get reinstated, has been out of the game for a year, and comes with all sorts of baggage. He'll still need to get into game shape and learn a new defense, so toss this year away even if he does get reinstated. And of course, being a first rounder, there's always his cap hit. Do it!

Personally, I don't care about what an individual football player does with his own time and wouldn't mind a player with off field problems, as long as he's a team player and has some skill. I don't see why we tend to put football players under the microscope for years and even whole careers for character flaws they may have displayed as a younger player. People learn lessons, I guess, is how I feel. Mistakes are mistakes, you learn from them and I would hope never commit them again...and hopefully your career doesn't suffer for indiscretions. Unfortunately, that definitely isn't the case.

I believe we are a class act. But there are other class acts in the NFL....though few and far between. Dallas is definitely NOT one of them.

I hope we never get tagged as "America's Team". I hate that tag. Giants fans are a unique group of people from all walks of life who have stuck with the team through thick and thin. There will probably be a lot of bandwagon fans joining in after our Superbowl win....but most will fade away and pop up on the fan base of the next winning team. However, there will be a lot of young people who will become Giants fans because of our win and if they stick with the team no matter what....then 20, 30, 50 years from now....they will be just like us. As it stands though....I never want to be "America's Team".....it's "Our Team", the true Giants fans' team who have been here long before we had an inkling that we could be the national champion.

lilblue01 ;)

Personally, I don't care about what an individual football player does with his own time and wouldn't mind a player with off field problems, as long as he's a team player and has some skill. I don't see why we tend to put football players under the microscope for years and even whole careers for character flaws they may have displayed as a younger player. People learn lessons, I guess, is how I feel. Mistakes are mistakes, you learn from them and I would hope never commit them again...and hopefully your career doesn't suffer for indiscretions. Unfortunately, that definitely isn't the case.

Because "off the field problems" lead to NFL suspensions. Would you be saying the same IF Ahmad got us a 1000 yds a year and got suspended right before the playoffs??? ....becuse he likes to go to strip clubs and fight, drive drunk and beat his girlfriend?

Because "off the field problems" lead to NFL suspensions. Would you be saying the same IF Ahmad got us a 1000 yds a year and got suspended right before the playoffs??? ....becuse he likes to go to strip clubs and fight, drive drunk and beat his girlfriend?

Let's not forget that one of his "indescretions" resulted in a guy being stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Thats how it started for me 17 years ago.

Thats how it started for me 17 years ago.

I have no idea where my love for the Giants came from. I was a very small kid and saw them on TV and was learning about the game of football and I just never rooted for any other team than the Giants. Once I started to get to know the game better and started knowing the players by name....I was hooked for life and nothing could ever change it.

I suspect a lot of youngsters became Giants' fans after our superbowl win. The more they know the players, the more they'll be hooked for life. We've spawned a whole new generation of Giants' fans. :rock:

I fully agree, I would hope that PacMan has learned his lessons and is ready to get on with his pro football career. I also hope that our front office is open minded enough to realize that young guys make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I'd like to see us give PacMan a contract full of language that would allow the team to cut him with no loss to the team for any violations, remember if it did work out we would have one hell of secondary. As long as a guy makes plays on the field for my team I don't care what he does off the field, thats managements problem not the fans...