SportsWrath

Hall to get 70 million/7 Years from Raiders

jranieli

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3300199

These contracts are getting ridiculous. The NFL will eventually have to raise the cap even higher because high contracts are here to stay. How do the Raiders afford this and still get under the cap? I understand Reese does not want to spend money on these guys but eventually he will have too.

These contracts are getting ridiculous. The NFL will eventually have to raise the cap even higher because high contracts are here to stay. How do the Raiders afford this and still get under the cap? I understand Reese does not want to spend money on these guys but eventually he will have too.

No we won't. The cap makes a lot more sense to owners who would rather not spend more. The raiders are signing players left and right and won't have enough to sign anyone else or keep their core players. They're the Redskins of the West Coast.

Nas, lets say a player like the Tigers Woods of football hits the market. This is hypothetical situation. He becomes the premier player at his position in the league and a role model to every kid. The Giants have some good running backs, but adding this guy would make a world of difference. He states the Giants are a team he would be interested to go too and comes in for a visit and contract negotiations. He wants a ton of money but he wont get it from the Giants even if he adds to a dynasty for 5 years to come. Wouldn't a player of his talent trump the cost it would take to sign him? I mean, I would do whatever it takes to sign him.

Nas, lets say a player like the Tigers Woods of football hits the market. This is hypothetical situation. He becomes the premier player at his position in the league and a role model to every kid. The Giants have some good running backs, but adding this guy would make a world of difference. He states the Giants are a team he would be interested to go too and comes in for a visit and contract negotiations. He wants a ton of money but he wont get it from the Giants even if he adds to a dynasty for 5 years to come. Wouldn't a player of his talent trump the cost it would take to sign him? I mean, I would do whatever it takes to sign him.

I'd throw Brinks at Tiger Woods if he were a football player.

I think he does just fine with his OWN Gatorade flavor and his own Nike label.

Fooball is a complex sport. You need lots of peices in place in order to build a dynasty. If Hall is going to strap our cap to the point where we can't sign quality players, then we will suck for years to come.

There's no way on earth a CB is worth 10M a year.

the cap has gone up by huge increments the past few years, that's why these contracts are getting so crazy.

Al Davis keeps driving up the price for players. Who the fuck is Tommy Kelly and why is he the highest paid tackle in NFL history? They'll have one of if not the best secondaries in the NFL but they didn't didn't address their biggest need at d-line. They were horrible at stopping the run and couldn't get to the qb.

24raiders_1_600-1.jpg