SportsWrath

I have a funny feeling the Giants are going to go with

NeMesiS

I think Wilkinson will be getting the start next year, but I doubt we will be putting DeOssie in unless we can't get a vet LB or a high round LB.

I like DeOssie on ST he's like Blackburn, the kid he's always there to make the tackle and he has the versatility to be a long snapper. I'm sure someday DeOssie will be getting a shot with us but I think it wont be next year, myabe they will put him in the rotation early in the season with Wilk maybe so see who wants the spot more.

I'd like us to keep Kiwi at LB, I like the fact that he can be used almost like Ware in Dallas. Is he coming to rush your QB? or is he dropping back into coverage? I think this next year coming the LB core is:

Vet LB/high round LB/Wilk, Pierce, Kiwi.

I hope not. I'm fine with moving Kiwi back, fine with Gerris starting but not both Gerris and Zak. 2 2nd year players who barely played little starting? No way. Plus, sisnce t's been shown Spags' system works I don't see Kiwi making the switch back. We're in deep with him at LB and they gotta stick it out for at least a full season to see if he improves.

I think the Giants should pick up a free agent like Calvin Pace. Then I'd groom Kiwi into a very versatile player capable of switching back and forth to LB or DE. Having a hybrid LB/DE gives a defensive coach so many flexible options to really fuck with the heads of the opposition. However, it takes an extremely intelligent and athletic player to effectively fill that role. I think Kiwi might very well be able to pull it off. Still....a regular starting linebacker is a necessity and several years of NFL experience is crucial.

Gerris Wilkinson and Zak DeOssie at LB. Let's not forget, these two LB are very fast, very physical LB. I wouldn't be surprise if they start this year and move Kiwi back to DE.

I thought Wilkinson should've been giving more time on the field last season (or this season.. however you look at it). I haven't seen much if any from DeOssie to warrant him starting. I think the Giants are contemplating moving Kiwi back to DE but that all depends on how many DEs we have... It doesn't look like we'll lose anyone.. and we already lost Kawika to Buffaloo.

Overall, I think Wilk should start.. as well as Michael Johnson at safety. I'll be looking at a LB and a safety to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

I thought Wilkinson should've been giving more time on the field last season (or this season.. however you look at it). I haven't seen much if any from DeOssie to warrant him starting. I think the Giants are contemplating moving Kiwi back to DE but that all depends on how many DEs we have... It doesn't look like we'll lose anyone.. and we already lost Kawika to Buffaloo.

Overall, I think Wilk should start.. as well as Michael Johnson at safety. I'll be looking at a LB and a safety to be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

The problem with starting young guys with little field time in the NFL, is that it is nothing like the college game or being able to show athleticism at the combine. A defensive back in college has to be mentally prepared for a half dozen different situations, whereas in the NFL, a DB will get 15 or more different plays thrown at him in a single game and it's at a higher speed with less time to react. NFL coaches are very ingenious when it comes to exploiting a rookie back. It isn't that the rook isn't athletic enough, it's just that the right play will draw them out of position faster than you can say, "what the hell...?".

Rookies need to spend hours, days, and weeks watching film and working out in practice. Then they need to be given field time a little at a time until they can show they are ready to answer any kind of play. This can take 2 or 3 years on average. Of course, there are rare players who step up and handle it as a rookie, but in the defensive back position, that's extremely rare.

I have no doubt Zak and Wilkinson are anxious to get field time this year in their respective positions, but they aren't ready to handle the entire load.....unless of course, the Giants are willing to lose 5 or 6 games during the season letting the kids cut their teeth as they learn all the ins and outs of the system. I think that's unlikely. Johnson has wicked potential....but is in the same boat as Zak and Wilk.

Gerris Wilkinson and Zak DeOssie at LB. Let's not forget, these two LB are very fast, very physical LB. I wouldn't be surprise if they start this year and move Kiwi back to DE.

You are assuming Strahan is retiring? For him personally, I think this is a good time for him to retire. He's acheived his goals and he would get a tv contract tomorrow. But, I would certainly hate to lose him. We can replace his pass rushing but not his run stopping and intelligence.

You are assuming Strahan is retiring? For him personally, I think this is a good time for him to retire. He's acheived his goals and he would get a tv contract tomorrow. But, I would certainly hate to lose him. We can replace his pass rushing but not his run stopping and intelligence.

Man I love Strahan... I'd hate to see him go. I feel the Giants will look very different without 92.

Nah...I think Strahan will most likely return for another season. but I think Bothe Zak and Gerris can fill the roll nicely. Sure Zak hasn't started a single game...But, I think we should give him a try or at least work him in the line-up little by little.