SportsWrath

Post SuperBowl Story... insider information

Allstarjim

So I was talking to an officer in my unit who knows I am a huge Giants fan, and he started to tell me this story...

His girlfriend is a big Pats fan, and she saw an acquaintance of hers wearing some Pats gear (this was after the SuperBowl). So she said, "Oh, you're a Pats fan! So am I!" To which the acquiantance says, "Yes, actually my cousin is a rookie on the team." Turns out, the cousin is Brandon Merriweather, the standout rookie safety on the Pats. So they get to talking about the SuperBowl, and the acquiantace says that 'ole Brandon had told her what the lockerroom was like after they lost the big one. According to this girl, Brandon says that Tom Brady went into the locker and completely blew his top, like out of control rage. He was up in his O-linemen's faces, cussing them out, etc. He said a lot of the players were like, "F*** this guy" and calling him a puss or whatever. He said that being a rookie, he didn't know what to do so he just stayed in the corner of the lockerroom and kept to himself. Additionally, Brandon says that Belichek came in, packed his bag, and left without saying a word to his players. He said that Belichek didn't even fly back with the team. This part of the story I'm not sure if I believe. Anyhow, I believe most of this, just because I've really felt all along that Belichek, Brady, and Co. were so arrogant underneath, so unbelieving that the Giants could beat them, that when they actually lost, this reaction does not surprise me one bit. But it still brought a smile to my face to hear this, that the Giants caused Brady to actually go berzerk like that, and that Belichek was completely shut up and walked right out of the lockerroom without saying anything!

What do you guys think?

I believe it. Especially about Belichick. Like I have said before his entire reputation as a coach was being questioned. He needed that victory to vindicate his dynasty. He lost. And being the very poor loser that he is (check his recent history in post game situations in pretty much every big game that has gone bad for them) that loss must have torn his heart out. The only reason Coughlin didn't get the Mangini treatment was because the media already torched Belichick for that incident.

I don't believe it.

Not because I don't think it's plausible... it's just that the "my friend knows someone who knows someone" story usually turns out to be B.S.

True, Seph. But I know this guy and he's not a bs artist. He's a straight shooter. Of course, I don't know his girlfriend, or the acquiantance. But it's a great story, and usually these stories have SOME truth to them, at least.

It's obviously roid rage with Brady . :P

Seriously, he had every right to be pissed at the OL for that performance. Our guys were destroying him mostly rushing 4. Even with all that, he almost pulled it out single handedly.

I disagree, blu. After the game is over is not the time to do that. You do that during the game, at half-time, whatever, where it still could make a difference. After it's all over to tell someone they were sh*tbags is destructive. Those guys were just overhyped and overmatched compared to the Giants defensive line and blitzes. Not saying he should be happy about it, but after the game is not the time to rip your O-line a new one, especially when your season is over. What's done is done, they got beat, Brady didn't make every play he could've either. After the game it's all just sour grapes.

It's obviously roid rage with Brady . :P

Seriously, he had every right to be pissed at the OL for that performance. Our guys were destroying him mostly rushing 4. Even with all that, he almost pulled it out single handedly.

Brady needed to shut his mouth. The O-line played very well for him... and got him the TD record. I think this story is true... and this may very well be the downfall of the Patys dynasty... and the rise of the Giants Dynasty.

I believe with what happened to Brady is true. After the game the guy looked like his entire family died in a car crash or something, he looked fucking devastated. So I could see him going nuts in the locker room after the game.

Belichek say what you want, but I doubt he would have left without saying something. I know people were riding him for being arrogant and such but he still is a good coach in my mind. Able to motivate players without being all vocal, and I'm sure he did say something. But you never know so.

I don't believe it.

Not because I don't think it's plausible... it's just that the "my friend knows someone who knows someone" story usually turns out to be B.S.

I know it's true. no doubt about it.

I have a friend whose cousin knows a reporter who was in the locker room when it all went down. He said it went just that way.