SportsWrath

Free Agent and Draft Homework Assignments

NeMesiS

I thought it would be fun if members would volunteer for Homework assignment in this year Free Agent and Draft. Anyone can volunteer and you can have more than one position. What’s the reason for this? Not everyone follows college football, or is not aware of which players are available for Free Agency. This is where Sportswrath football expert come into play.

Basically, anyone can choose a position he/she would like to do research on. If you choose, let’s say, the Linebacker position. Then he/she will have to do research on that particular position for both Free Agency AND the NFL draft. If you can’t do both, then don’t do it.

Free Agency Format:

Free Agency starts February 29, 2008. Please have this portion of the homework assignment by February 26, 2008. The volunteer will select their top 3 free agents and one or two sleepers. This doesn’t mean you have to select the top 3 free agent in your respected position. Select the 3 top players YOU think is best suited for the Giants. Basically, the top 3 player will be entered in this format.

Name:

Previous Team:

Height:

Weight:

Stats: Tackles, int, passing, rushing, etc. (Obvious, depending on what position this player plays, will determine what stats will be use. Quarterbacks will obvious use passing yards, completion %, int, etc.)

Pros:

Cons:

Reason: Enter here why you think this player will be a good fit for the team. A minimum of 2 sentences please.

Youtube Highlights:Optional

Sleeper Pick: Just enter a name you think could fly under the radar and contribute for the Giants. (Ala K. Mitchell.)

Draft Pick Format:

The NFL combine is on from February 20, 2008 thru February 26, 2008. And the draft is April 26-27, 2008. So please have this portion of the homework assignment by April 20, 2008. The volunteer will select 5 draft players best suited for the Giants in their respected position and 3 sleeper picks. This includes players you believe can make a position change. (i.e, a Defensive End converting into a Outside Linebacker.) Top 5 players will be entered in this format.

Name:

School:

Height:

Weight:

40 Speed:

Pros:

Cons:

Projected Round: Enter what round this player might get drafted.

Reason: Enter here why you think this player will be a good fit for the team. A minimum of 2 sentences please.

Sleeper picks: Just enter 5 names, with Heights, Weights, and speed, you think could fly under the radar and contribute for the Giants. (Ala, Ahmad Bradshaw.)

**** Please, DO NOT copy and paste from other website or magazine. Please come up with your own evaluations.

Please PM me, any of the MODs, or section MODs with your final Homework results. We would like to have one complete thread.

Offense:

QB: Nesta

RB: Sephiroth

FB: Sephiroth

WR: Virginia Giants

TE:

OL: Boohyah

Defense

DE: NeMesiS

DT:AllstarJim

OLB:BleedinBlue

MLB:bleedinBlue

CB:NeMesiS

SFT: BlueinCanada

ST ( Kicker, Punter and LS): BlueinCanada

If there a problem with the position you were given. Please let me know, and I'll be happy to change it. If your were given an assignment, and you accepted it, and later feel you can not complete it. Please PM me ASAP.

I'll take FB too.

Oh yeah, and when should we have this finished by?

The Free Agency portion is due Feb, 26 2008. And the Draft portion is due April 20, 2008.

A friendly reminder: If you agreed to cover a position. You must do it for both Free Agency and The Draft. Thank You.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to participate in our little homework assigment, then by all means PM me or any of the Mods, or section Mods.

The Free Agency portion is due Feb, 26 2008. And the Draft portion is due April 20, 2008.

A friendly reminder: If you agreed to cover a position. You must do it for both Free Agency and The Draft. Thank You.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to participate in our little homework assigment, then by all means PM me or any of the Mods, or section Mods.

I had my free agents part done, but then the Arizona Cardinals slapped a "franchise tag" on Karlos Danby last weekend making all my work for naught (on him anyway). He would've been a nice fit for the Giants linebacking corps. The Giants could still make a play for him, but they'd have to make an offer that Arizona has a chance to match, or then forfeit 2 first round draft picks should they sign him, so I don't see that happening. I also see that two others on my "list of 3" could likely be resigned by the deadline. So anyway....it's frustrating to get all the homework done only to have it "null and void" when they either sign or get franchised. I may end up having to do it all over again on the day it's due the way things are happening around the league. Regardless....I'll have mine done by the 26th.

Question: I've put my work down on WORD. Is there any particular form you want this to be given to you or will you start separate threads for each position in which we can paste our work?

I had my free agents part done, but then the Arizona Cardinals slapped a "franchise tag" on Karlos Danby last weekend making all my work for naught (on him anyway). He would've been a nice fit for the Giants linebacking corps. The Giants could still make a play for him, but they'd have to make an offer that Arizona has a chance to match, or then forfeit 2 first round draft picks should they sign him, so I don't see that happening. I also see that two others on my "list of 3" could likely be resigned by the deadline. So anyway....it's frustrating to get all the homework done only to have it "null and void" when they either sign or get franchised. I may end up having to do it all over again on the day it's due the way things are happening around the league. Regardless....I'll have mine done by the 26th.

Question: I've put my work down on WORD. Is there any particular form you want this to be given to you or will you start separate threads for each position in which we can paste our work?

Yeah best thing to do now is to wait a bit. Especially since alot of players are expected to get tag this year. (More than last year)

As for the format... Just PM it to me as instructed above. I will post it in one single thread. I tried creating seperate webpage for it. But it will be to completecated for me.

Yeah best thing to do now is to wait a bit. Especially since alot of players are expected to get tag this year. (More than last year)

As for the format... Just PM it to me as instructed above. I will post it in one single thread. I tried creating seperate webpage for it. But it will be to completecated for me.

Then why didnt you leave it the way it was? I put my two cents down on the original thread. If everyone did that, you would have very little work to do. :rolleyes:

And BTW, I thought two cents was sufficient. This is like schoolwork, some of us did away with that YEARS ago. Really unneccesary what were doin here. But, I got left outta my assignment that CLEARLY was mine, so I guess it doesnt matter anyway. lol Have fun boys.

Then why didnt you leave it the way it was? I put my two cents down on the original thread. If everyone did that, you would have very little work to do. :rolleyes:

And BTW, I thought two cents was sufficient. This is like schoolwork, some of us did away with that YEARS ago. Really unneccesary what were doin here. But, I got left outta my assignment that CLEARLY was mine, so I guess it doesnt matter anyway. lol Have fun boys.

Well, like explain in the begining of this thread. If in some way I messed up the assignment, please PM and I will correct the problem. It's not a big deal. I repeat, you do not have to do this. This is something we can all do, for fun, since the season is officially over.

Bump and reminder

I did my homework and don't care that others haven't completed their's yet. I want my homework (and the others that completed their's already) POSTED ALREADY! Tonight is Free Agency and are articles will be less relevant after the fact (should the Giants sign someone in our positions). NEM, post our articles so at least we can see what other people think about our findings as well as read others' findings! DADGUMIT!

I did my homework and don't care that others haven't completed their's yet. I want my homework (and the others that completed their's already) POSTED ALREADY! Tonight is Free Agency and are articles will be less relevant after the fact (should the Giants sign someone in our positions). NEM, post our articles so at least we can see what other people think about our findings as well as read others' findings! DADGUMIT!

OK...I'll work on it.