SportsWrath

Ernie bring us Sam Adams please !!

Guest Dye Job

Guest Nutty Sack
Sam Adams would only be a one, maybe two year solution. Would much rather have Rocky Bernard, but he'll likely be too expensive. LB is a much bigger priority at this point.

Rocky resigned with Seattle. Sam can be the short term solution.....we can get someone this year in the later rounds and FA next year.

Rocky resigned with Seattle. Sam can be the short term solution.....we can get someone this year in the later rounds and FA next year.

I missed that about Rocky. I'm really not interested in a short term solution at this point. If you do too much of that and it doesn't work, you're royally fucked for the future.

Guest nosebleed

Who is next on Ernie's list??? Possibly a cornerback coming off a neck injury and currently in a wheelchair????

Sam could fulfill a need much like big Norman Hand did a few years back. With WJ, Robbins, Duckett(an improving player) and ALlen and a possible draft pick we could get by with that DT rotation and probably have enough bodies to keep fresh to compensate for a lack of a great player.

Why does that team and year seem so familiar? :ph34r:

don't know :furious:

I do know that he and fat Siragussa played DT and his massive size (and ability to play in a 4/3 system as he did in Seattle as well) allowed an athletic MLB named Lewis to roam and make plays.

Guest Nutty Sack
besides, sam adams is a 2 gap tackle... we dont run a 3-4

I wish that would be considered. We have guys like Justin Tuck and Eric Moore who could rotate in and out of the LB positions as well as spelling Osi and Mike.....especially if we get an LB who can step right in and play through the draft.

I wish TL would consider such a move.

Guest Nutty Sack
don't know :furious:

I do know that he and fat Siragussa played DT and his massive size (and ability to play in a 4/3 system as he did in Seattle as well) allowed an athletic MLB named Lewis to roam and make plays.

Well how about allowing an athletic AP roam and make plays........not that he didn't do that last year despite the burden of covering for the inept play up the middle.

Well how about allowing an athletic AP roam and make plays........not that he didn't do that last year despite the burden of covering for the inept play up the middle.

that was the point of my post and to shoot down the theory that he is a 2 gap DT only :TU:

sam adams has played in a 4/3 system

See Ravens, Baltimore 2000 :TU:

i know he has, but he is better suited for the 3-4. look at that defense the ravens had that year, anybody could have played d-tackle for them. hell, screw cornerback for tyree, he could have been their d-tackle

i know he has, but he is better suited for the 3-4. look at that defense the ravens had that year, anybody could have played d-tackle for them. hell, screw cornerback for tyree, he could have been their d-tackle

funny I remember many saying that the success of the Ravens back 7 had a lot to do with space that Adams and Siragussa took up in the middle :confused:

As for Adams being better suited for a 3/4, considering he has only played it a few years in Buffalo thats hard to say, Seattle was always a 4/3 under Erickson.

When a guy is a member as a 4/3 DT on one of the best all time defenses and much of that success was predicated on clogging up the middle, I would say he is adept at being a 4/3 DT.

I wonder why no one wants Grady Jackson.

I don't like him. He is 33 and has not done much in the last few years. I guess he could be brought in for depth but that is it. He only had 2 sack and 55 tackles the last two years. He has not received much interest from teams.

I wish that would be considered. We have guys like Justin Tuck and Eric Moore who could rotate in and out of the LB positions as well as spelling Osi and Mike.....especially if we get an LB who can step right in and play through the draft.

I wish TL would consider such a move.

strahan and osi aren't 3-4 DE's